Good Guys in the NBA

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,018

Good Guys in the NBA 

Post#1 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed May 26, 2010 1:24 pm

Had a great experience with Andrew Bogut and Charlie Bell last night. Both seemed like genuinely good guys.

Which NBA players have you experienced to be great guys off the court?

Here's my story:
As some of you may know, Bogut bought 100 season tickets to give to fans to cheer loud the whole season, to drink, and be obnoxious to the other team. Granted Bogut got a huge discount, but he still paid 100K out of pocket.

Well last night, he (and the Bucks) hosted a party at a sports bar in Milwaukee where they had a huge buffet and open beer for a few hours. (Basically any beer you wanted, not just the cheap stuff)
Bogut went up to people to say hi. I was sitting down and didn't want to swarm him, but he made a point to walk up to different people and came to my table and told me I better get some more beer.
He then gave a quick speech and sat at a table for an hour shooting the breeze and taking photos. He couldn't sign autographs cause he can't bend his fingers. (cast removed yesterday)
Every time he moved I expected him to leave because he was swarmed and everyone was getting tipsy off free beer (he didn't have anything probably cause of PR reasons). He ended up staying 3 hours and had a smile on the whole time and was really interactive.

Charlie Bell showed up during the night despite being aware that 100 crazy fans were there but that didn't bother him. I got him to call a friend who had just moved out of Milwaukee and was a huge MSU guy. Charlie made fun of him for leaving Milwaukee so early.

Obviously, I want players that know how to win but it is great to see some great guys in the league.
Capital Edge
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Good Guys in the NBA 

Post#2 » by Capital Edge » Wed May 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Where was this at?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#3 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed May 26, 2010 2:05 pm

Fanatics in the 3rd Ward.
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#4 » by carrottop12 » Wed May 26, 2010 2:13 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#5 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed May 26, 2010 2:23 pm

lol, I know it looks like a creeper pic, but he was on my phone calling a friend. Another friend told me to turn around and took a pic. Ok, still creepy but not as creepy as randomly sneeking a pic.

Return to The General Board