Bill Walton returning to broadcasting

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,474

Re: Bill Walton returning to broadcasting 

Post#61 » by pillwenney » Fri May 28, 2010 7:40 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:
mitchweber wrote:I get the impression that it's basically a transitional thing--that if this works out at all and his back is feeling better, he'll likely go national again.

How does it feel now that your dad is back on TV? Does it make you mad that he only talks about Luke on TV and not you?

:lol: Actually since I've cut my hair and grown some facial hair, I've been told I look more like David Lee.
kobeaki
Veteran
And1: 6

Post#62 » by kobeaki » Fri May 28, 2010 8:09 pm

as a teenager, growing up in l.a.,(vin and chicky baby), in the 90's , i thought costas was a hack, then the nba went to abc, and i realized how GREAT he was, and hated bill walton(only luke being drafted by the lakers caused him to say anything nice about them, still pissed that buss refused him way back i guess), then he went away and we have had to deal with breen, tirico, etc ever since, and ill tell ya this, i miss the hell out of bill walton, and like someone above me said, with whats his liver going back to coach, there indeed be an open spot on the abc crew...
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

XuDa wrote:Magic, Bird and the other 80#s HOF'ers were holding the league back and stunting it's development big time.

:lol:
ShowtimeFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Post#63 » by ShowtimeFan » Fri May 28, 2010 8:11 pm

Great News, any word on when his son Luke will resume his career?
kobeaki
Veteran
And1: 6

Post#64 » by kobeaki » Fri May 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Mamba Venom wrote:How good will he be after the docs removed all the LSD from his spine???

lol.

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

XuDa wrote:Magic, Bird and the other 80#s HOF'ers were holding the league back and stunting it's development big time.

Childs2Dudley
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#65 » by Childs2Dudley » Fri May 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Bill needs to sign with TNT soon to replace Doug Collins. Anything to get Reggie off the air.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,036
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#66 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri May 28, 2010 9:02 pm

mitchweber wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:
mitchweber wrote:I get the impression that it's basically a transitional thing--that if this works out at all and his back is feeling better, he'll likely go national again.

How does it feel now that your dad is back on TV? Does it make you mad that he only talks about Luke on TV and not you?

:lol: Actually since I've cut my hair and grown some facial hair, I've been told I look more like David Lee.

I don't even know you anymore.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,139

Post#67 » by druggas » Fri May 28, 2010 9:37 pm

I met Bill at the ESPN zone here in Anaheim. He was the most gracious man ever and he's a walking encyclopedia of basketball info. I remember he couldn't navigate a couple of steps up the stage I think because his ankles have been fused together or something like that.

He stayed until everyone got an autograph or got their handshake and question answered. You could tell he was in obvious pain but he didn't say a word about it. He praised all the NBA players before him for paving the way to the kind of money he made. He also expressed that he was living a dream for a kid who had a stuttering problem, to a man doing color on national tv. He is a success story with a few chapters short of a complete novel. He is one of the few color commentators that don't take basketball as something more than a child's game. He will take any game and make it worth watching. Sacramento is very lucky to land him. The Lakers would be foolish not to offer him a contract, and the national media sorely misses his wit and humor.

Bill Walton...........you're the man!
Jimmy Beam
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#68 » by Jimmy Beam » Fri May 28, 2010 9:55 pm

BubbaTee wrote:2. People who fall for Bill Walton's act and take his shtick seriously are hilarious. These are the same type of people who think Borat is a real reporter from Kazakhstan. Their huffy, stupid, outraged reactions are half of what makes Bill Walton so awesome.

:lol: :lol:

I love Walton,he's awesome.JVG and Walton are my favorites.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#69 » by theanimal23 » Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 pm

As long as he never does a major network game ever again. I remember watching a Bulls-Wizards game, it was the one where Gordon had 9 3s, IIRC, and he talked about how either Haywood/Kwame (don't remember exactly, I believe the former) had Hakeem like post-moves.

Return to The General Board