Tyreke Evans cited for reckless driving

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Re: Tyreke Evans cited for reckless driving 

Post#81 » by CellarDoor » Wed Jun 2, 2010 1:35 pm

This is hardly the worst thing you're going to catch an athlete doing. My toyota solara is over 100mph IN CRUISE CONTROL half the time.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
a3r0d
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#82 » by a3r0d » Wed Jun 2, 2010 3:13 pm

Foye wrote:130 MPH?

Pretty normal speed here in Germany on the Autobahn. You've got a lot of people driving 200+ KMH here which is about 130 MPH.
There is no reason you can't drive that fast if the road is relatively empty. Anyway if he did it with a lot of traffic he's a fool. :dontknow:

The only thing that is dangerous in America is that trucks don't drive on the right side (and too fast) like they should.

65 MPH is like country road speed limit over here with one road for each car and no guard rail.

I agree. If the road is empty or the passing lane is driving at 130 is nothing serious . If you know how to drive at that speed + you have a car that is comfortable at that speed then it`s cool. If he was driving like that on a full road then i agree that it was a foolish thing to do.

p.s. trucks don`t drive on the right side ? O_O lolwut ? Is not that a bit dangerous ?
ThreeYearPlan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#83 » by ThreeYearPlan » Wed Jun 2, 2010 3:37 pm

If someone's going over 90, you know that d-bag is gonna try to pass every lane at once
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#84 » by Jase » Wed Jun 2, 2010 3:41 pm

:nonono:
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#85 » by Lionel Messi » Wed Jun 2, 2010 3:48 pm

paul wrote:
ponder276 wrote:
-bob- wrote:he was racing another car.

"Evans was spotted driving on Interstate 80 near Antelope Road on Monday afternoon by a CHP air unit. Video taken inside the airplane clocked him driving at times up 130mph. CHP says another car was also speeding at the time. Both cars seem to be keeping pace with each other and weaving in and out of traffic."
http://cbs13.com/local/tyreke.evans.rec ... 25597.html

Definitely pretty dumb to be doing 130 mph, especially if there's a decent amount of traffic that you're weaving in and out of, people do get killed regularly by douche-bags pulling this kind of sh*t. With that being said, hardly the worst thing an athlete has done, but personally I'd take away his license for quite a while and throw him in jail for a few days, you have to punish people who recklessly endanger the lives of others like this.

He's obviously maturing with age, at least no one was shooting out of the passenger window this time.

I think Bucks fans may be the only ones making these types of comments. As an occasional member of the Bucks forum I am disappointed. Have some class.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the "drive-by" incident was unintentional, if you actually read the full article and explanation about it.
ItsMillerTime
Banned User

Post#86 » by ItsMillerTime » Wed Jun 2, 2010 4:47 pm

He needs to be put in prison and banned from the NBA
PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,529

Post#87 » by PaKwAn » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:17 pm

well at least teams would now know how to stop reke from driving to the lane....
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#88 » by TAI8 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 7:55 pm

loserX wrote:HANG HIM.

wtf I thought mods were supposed to have some class...guess I was wrong.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#89 » by CellarDoor » Wed Jun 2, 2010 7:58 pm

TAI8 wrote:

Sarcasm detector broken, eh?
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#90 » by TAI8 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 8:03 pm

CellarDoor wrote:
TAI8 wrote:

Sarcasm detector broken, eh?

You don't joke about that stuff...Joking about killing is bad enough but one in which blacks were subjected to in the history of this country is as low as it gets..
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#91 » by jeffjtk1234 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 8:08 pm

Yeah I wouldn't say Hang him either...pretty insensitive

On a separate note, 6 pages dedicated to this?!?! Dude was speeding...it is really not a huge issue.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,453

Post#92 » by Foye » Wed Jun 2, 2010 8:13 pm

a3r0d wrote:

Pretty normal speed here in Germany on the Autobahn. You've got a lot of people driving 200+ KMH here which is about 130 MPH.
There is no reason you can't drive that fast if the road is relatively empty. Anyway if he did it with a lot of traffic he's a fool. :dontknow:

The only thing that is dangerous in America is that trucks don't drive on the right side (and too fast) like they should.

65 MPH is like country road speed limit over here with one road for each car and no guard rail.

I agree. If the road is empty or the passing lane is driving at 130 is nothing serious . If you know how to drive at that speed + you have a car that is comfortable at that speed then it`s cool. If he was driving like that on a full road then i agree that it was a foolish thing to do.

p.s. trucks don`t drive on the right side ? O_O lolwut ? Is not that a bit dangerous ?

It works here in Germany just fine. All the trucks drive on the right lane. But they drive slower here. Guess you missunderstood me I meant lane not side : :lol:
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#93 » by Dobber-16 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 8:20 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:Yeah I wouldn't say Hang him either...pretty insensitive

On a separate note, 6 pages dedicated to this?!?! Dude was speeding...it is really not a huge issue.

Don't mess with Tyreke, those Sactown Nanny's are pretty sensitive.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#94 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 2, 2010 8:20 pm

Foye wrote:
a3r0d wrote:

It works here in Germany just fine. All the trucks drive on the right lane. But they drive slower here. Guess you missunderstood me I meant lane not side : :lol:

trucks used to be the gentlemen of the road in the US when they used to get paid by the hour, they'd get out of everybody's way, but now they get paid by the mile so the truckers have to drive fast and as long as possible
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#95 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Jun 2, 2010 8:27 pm

He is young and has a fast car. The best thing that can come out of this is he slows down.

I do carry a double standard with this issue though. I tend to drive a little fast. But on the flip side my good friends 8 month preggo wife and 3 kids were driving the speed limit a couple months ago and a speeding car lost control and hit them head on. Thankfully, everyone lived, but you get the point.

I too have a family and if anyone was driving 130 miles in and out of traffic I would probably hunt them down.

Oh well, just as long as he learns from this, it's all good. Bottom-line Sh*it happens. Be careful
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Jwade
Banned User

Post#96 » by Jwade » Wed Jun 2, 2010 9:01 pm

Have you seen Gunnin For That Number 1 Spot documentary? Evans is a bit slow. And crazy ghetto.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#97 » by paul » Thu Jun 3, 2010 6:52 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
paul wrote:
ponder276 wrote:Definitely pretty dumb to be doing 130 mph, especially if there's a decent amount of traffic that you're weaving in and out of, people do get killed regularly by douche-bags pulling this kind of sh*t. With that being said, hardly the worst thing an athlete has done, but personally I'd take away his license for quite a while and throw him in jail for a few days, you have to punish people who recklessly endanger the lives of others like this.

He's obviously maturing with age, at least no one was shooting out of the passenger window this time.

I think Bucks fans may be the only ones making these types of comments. As an occasional member of the Bucks forum I am disappointed. Have some class.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the "drive-by" incident was unintentional, if you actually read the full article and explanation about it.

WTF? Dude no matter which team I'm a fan of the kid was driving a car as a teenager when his cousin shot and killed someone out of the passenger window. So what you're saying is, even though that is 100% true it's not classy to say it the next time he breaks the law in a car? Sorry, I'll try to be classier next time :roll:

Mmmmmm ok. BTW I absolutely DID read all the reports I could get my hands on to do with the 'incident' before last years draft, maybe you need to brush up your knowledge of it. It's got nothing to do with being a Bucks fan, I'm just a guy who knows Tyreke doesn't have the worlds greatest history around cars.
215paperboy
Junior

Post#98 » by 215paperboy » Thu Jun 3, 2010 7:03 am

Jwade wrote:Have you seen Gunnin For That Number 1 Spot documentary? Evans is a bit slow. And crazy ghetto.

he isn't slow. he was 16 during that movie and he was a shy kid with a speech impediment. he actually writes better than he speaks.
RandomKnight wrote:Nash is better than magic. Nash has similar impact, a better skill set and more versatility.

Flynt Flossy wrote:Which NBA player has the most contagious smile? When you see their smile, it makes you happy inside and makes you want to smile
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,443

Post#99 » by SichtingLives » Thu Jun 3, 2010 3:41 pm

He's young. He's dumb. It happens.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways

Return to The General Board