Stephen A. Smith says LeBron and Bosh to join Wade in Miami

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

fwe
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Stephen A. Smith says LeBron and Bosh to join Wade in Miami 

Post#241 » by fwe » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:30 am

SoCAL24 wrote:I was happy for Lebron/Cavs fans when they added Jamison and Shaq to help CLE make a serious run at a title because it pretty much dissolved the excuses about having "no help." I may also be one of the few non-Heat fans that will be happy if they add Bosh and Lebron to go with D-Wade.

Kobe on Wade
Artest on Lebron
Gasol on Bosh

then...

Bynum on ?
Odom on ?

Lakers still win. :)
te887848
Starter
And1: 644

Post#242 » by te887848 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:34 am

Steven A is the last person I'd want as a "source" if I was a Miami fan. Good news for non-Miami fans because LeBron is definitely not going there now.

When has Steven A been right about anything?
Wade County
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#243 » by Wade County » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:36 am

Brousard's latest tweet has Miami emerging as a major player for Lebron now too.
Lakeshow2417
Sixth Man

Post#244 » by Lakeshow2417 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:39 am

does MIA have enough to give all 3 the max? or will wade or bosh have to take a cut? even if they have beasleys 8 mil ass still there.

if lebron goes so does bosh
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#245 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:42 am

DwayneSchintzus wrote:
farzi wrote:If it's true, I hope the fans in Miami are happy. One thing that I've started to think about is how this is both a good and a bad thing for the NBA. One thing that makes the NFL so great is the parity. If you have 2 top 3 players, and 1 top 15ish player all collaborate so that their contract expires at the same time, and all team up, I don't see how that can be good for the league as a whole. I fully expect to get told I'm mad and / or whining, but I don't see how that's fair for the 25 teams that built their franchises the traditional way while a few big market east coast teams get to play routlette and decides who wins all of the titles for the next 5 years or so. Oh well

lol laker fan...you had no problem getting handed Gasol for Kwame and Javaris Crittenton...but now you're upset because someone else is getting over....
LMAO at you........farzi is a Blazer fan !
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#246 » by Wade2k6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:43 am

Lakeshow2417 wrote:does MIA have enough to give all 3 the max? or will wade or bosh have to take a cut? even if they have beasleys 8 mil ass still there.

They don't right now. They will waive Jones contract if they can't find a taker by the deadline to waive players. And if Riley thinks it's a definite possibly and feels confident that LeBron would sign in Miami, I see no reason why he wouldn't dump Beasley for just about anything to make the cap-space necessary to sign both Bosh and LeBron.
Wade County
Banned User

Post#247 » by Wade County » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:43 am

need to dump beas or sign and trade him for 3 max.
Harry_Seaward
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#248 » by Harry_Seaward » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:46 am

mavs4life123 wrote:
Harry_Seaward wrote:
hunnicam wrote:How can anyone look at themselves in a mirror and still say Lebron is the "best player" in the world if he needs 2 mega superstar franchise players in wade and bosh just to be able to sniff the finals?

LOL at self ownage....

Please stop it. You have been defending lebron in this thread for hours and its a bit sickning to the point that you need medical help. Its normally fine that you state that you would love the idea of lebron, wade, and bosh playing together but to constantly try to switch others opinions is comical and sadning. Please get yourself checked out and stop over working yourself for a man you never met nor does he care about you.

Wow..at this cat. This is an internet forum. Nobody would be here if we didn't feel like we wanted to provide points and counterpoints guy.

LETS ALL VISIT AN INTERNET FORUM AND AGREE! YAY...LETS STEW IN SIMILAR THOUGHT AND OPINION!

Come on guy...calm down and have some fun. Let people make statements and let others play devil's advocate and make arguments. That's what forums are for. That's what is so rad about debating you don't have to agree but if you try hard enough you can get the other person to view things differently and open them up to a new perspective.

If something a guy writes on a National Basketball Association forum is sickening you...I'm not so sure I'm the one that needs help.
hunnicam
Banned User

Post#249 » by hunnicam » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:52 am

bdownbear wrote:If this happens and the Lakers beat them in the finals....Where would Kobe rank as far as the greatest?

NO, Lebron will still be > Kobe
Lord Leoshes
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#250 » by Lord Leoshes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:01 am

lakegz1 wrote:As a Laker fan, I am not afraid. I say bring it on. Basketball is a team game and no matter how many glamorous stars you pack onto a team, you still need valuable role players and guys willing to play defense and get dirty when it matters. I thought we had a guaranteed championship when we brought in Karl Malone and Gary Payton to team up with Shaq and we saw what happened. Play the games!

If Malone had not got injured in the previous series you guys would have beat DET.
The other problem was Kobe forcing everything & not trusting his teammates. + him an Shaq were already geting on each others nerves by then.
Heat11114
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 99

Post#251 » by Heat11114 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:03 am

Beasley makes 4.9 million not 8. It's kind of funny, if a team wanted it they could essentially decline Beasley's team option and he's only under contract for 1 year. The idea that he can't be moved for cap space is ridiculous.
"To do what others can't you must do what others won't"
"People don't lack strength... They lack will"
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#252 » by Hallstar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:19 am

So Broussard is starting to slide Miami in and Ira Winderman says "A source close to Dwyane Wade said the Heat guard believes his team is poised to pull off a free-agency coup of landing himself, Cleveland Cavaliers guard LeBron James and Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh."

so maybe Stephen isn't that crazy after all
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#253 » by kingkirk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:25 am

I think SAS source is WWW himself. On the wiretap, it speaks about WWW and Mav Carter battling for control, with WWW promoting rumours for the likes of Chicago, Miami and also trying to land CP3 in NY or NJ.

It sorta makes sense. WWW was stating Bosh and Lebron are Chitown bound. Now Woj is stepping on board the Bosh and Lebron to Miami trade. Wouldnt surprise me if a NY writer receives word from his 'source' in the next couple days saying NY are pushing hard for a CP3 trade.
Bucs80
Analyst

Post#254 » by Bucs80 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:35 am

Clangus wrote:I don't get the big deal. Sure they are great players. But basketball is a team sport. they will have crappy role players filling out the rest of the squad. They cannot play 48mpg each They will have to get thier chemistry just right and agree on what they are trying to achieve and how. 2 former #1 option guys are going to have to learn to be 2nd and 3rd options, likely going from 19-23ish shots per game to something more like 12. They have to do this and not complain about it. The coach would have to work out how to get enough balls for 2 ball dominant scorers, and still pound it inside enough to stop Bosh crying. Seriously its still 5 on 5. There is still only one ball. They wont score 150points a game. I mean all this "i would stop watching basketball''' is just silly. I say bring it on. Lets see if it can work, let see them take o the Lake show

Kobe V Wade
LBJ V Artest
Gasol V Bosh
Bynum v ???

or hell even for my Thunder I welcome the challenge.

Durant V LBJ
Wade V Sefalosha or maybe Westbrook
Ibaka on Bosh
etc etc etc

For some reason I think the triple question marks stand a chance against Bynum.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
Lord Leoshes
Banned User

Post#255 » by Lord Leoshes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:35 am

CDM88 wrote:
miamiballer wrote:no, james jones is going to get cut within the next 2 days, and will only count 2 mil against the cap

ill bite. Say Wade,LBJ,and Bosh sign for 1mill less give or take,Buy out James Jones+dump Beasly for nothing..they are than roughly 3mill under the cap with a 4 man roster of Wade,Bosh,Lebron,Chalmers. From here all they have to do is fill out the roster with 8 minimum players to make a 12 man roster which shouldnt be too hard to convince ring chasers.

Chalmers|Quinn
Wade|
Lebron|
Bosh|
JO|Pittman

It is possible to have a lineup similar to this.

Chalmers - Dooling - Beverly
Wade - Bell - De S Butler
Bron - Q/Wright - Dozier
Bosh - K Thomas/B Wallace - J Varnardo
Shaq - Anthony - Heavy D Pittman
Hydroponic3385
Rookie
And1: 138

Post#256 » by Hydroponic3385 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:35 am

Wow, people really don't get it. These rumors/sources/guarantees change daily. You'll hear plenty more of these about Miami, Chicago, New York, New Jersey. Give yourselves a break and realize that none of these articles mean anything, and the most likely scenario is that Lebron/WWW/etc. are spreading these "rumors" intentionally to generate more and more buzz.

People are so gullible. I mean believing SAS? Come ON.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#257 » by kingkirk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:42 am

Hydroponic3385 wrote:Wow, people really don't get it. These rumors/sources/guarantees change daily. You'll hear plenty more of these about Miami, Chicago, New York, New Jersey. Give yourselves a break and realize that none of these articles mean anything, and the most likely scenario is that Lebron/WWW/etc. are spreading these "rumors" intentionally to generate more and more buzz.

People are so gullible. I mean believing SAS? Come ON.

+1.

Thats why i believe SAS source is WWW himself. He knows this guy is out spoken, reaching so he can get his mug back out there, what way to better send his agenda than through a guy who will leap to anything to get back to where he was?

Brilliant move by WWW i say.
Lord Leoshes
Banned User

Post#258 » by Lord Leoshes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:52 am

Lakeshow2417 wrote:does MIA have enough to give all 3 the max? or will wade or bosh have to take a cut? even if they have beasleys 8 mil ass still there.

You mean Beasley $5mil @$$. & he will probably be traded in a sign & trade for Bosh.
Harry Heinous
Banned User
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#259 » by Harry Heinous » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:56 am

Where there's smoke there's fire.

ESPN starting to come along,
Broussard's tweet 2 hours ago: "CHI-MIAMI emerging as frontrunners for LJ. CLE not dead, but..."

Broussard's tweet 22 hours ago: "CHI-CLE still neck and neck for LJ, but CHI making it awfully hard on Cavs"

hmmmmm.......??
Rambo44
Junior

Post#260 » by Rambo44 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:11 am

Not to mention Chris's friend Charlie Villanueva:

Sorry to break Toronto heart, I love that city, but Chris Bosh is heading to Miami
10:20 PM Jun 27th via Twitterrific

Return to The General Board