Stephen A. Smith says LeBron and Bosh to join Wade in Miami

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

dynasty_maker
Sophomore
And1: 33

Re: Stephen A. Smith says LeBron and Bosh to join Wade in Miami 

Post#281 » by dynasty_maker » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:44 am

A team with Lebron, Rose, Noah, Deng and another big FA (Johnson/Boozer/Amare) wouldn't be enough to beat Miami and/or the Lakers?

That Bulls team would definitely be the favorite.

Let's say that Wade resigns with Miami, and that Bosh agrees to go to Miami, but LeBron hasn't committed yet to any team. What would be his thoughts?

He could go to Chicago and pair up with Rose, but is that good enough to beat Miami or the Lakers? It would be some fun games vs Miami but the Lakers would still come out winners.

If he went to NY then they would make the playoffs and MAYBE get to the 2nd round, but after that they are done.

If he went to the Clippers they would make the playoffs and get to the 2nd round, but they would lose to the Lakers and not make the finals. Plus they would have to compete with the LA crowd for its fans. Lakers vs Clippers regular season games where Clippers are the "home" team would still really be a Laker home game.

Or he would be forced to join Miami. Not that it is a bad thing for him, but it would be his best bet to go to a winning team that will compete for championships every year. Or if all three don't sign max contracts and they get some extra money from Nike and other sponsors to make up a few million a year.

If LeBron wants to be the first billionaire NBA player then the team salary of 20-26 million each year isn't going to get you there. First you have to be a winner, then people around the world buy your products. Then sponsors come at you from all sides giving you money.
Fobbie
Sixth Man
And1: 225

Post#282 » by Fobbie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:45 am

Geez in about a week we're going to all know what happen. For the sake of everything I hope this foo isn't right. You can expect to hear him gloat on how he was the first to predict Bron/Bosh to Heats for the year or so.
BeleiveInGosh
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#283 » by BeleiveInGosh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:03 am

If this does happen, they are gonna require some serious work to fill out the rest of the roster.

They will also have to decide how on earth, these three will coexist on the same court -- > the only reason I don't see this happening, is because this will severely hinder each player's individual accolades, specifically Lebron and Wade.

I don't see Lebron being ready to team up with Wade to take on the world; because in reality, Lebron wants it to be his world, and in all fairness, he is rightful in wanting that.

With that said, I absolutely love D-Wade. I hope he gets his big man, and a solid squad to round it out. Miami is his house, and it should be only his. There should be no two things or any confusion about this. And if I'm Wade, I make sure that I get a first-class big, and a excellent wing - but I keep Lebron about 100 miles out of my arena's radius, unless he's playing a game in the visiting team's jersey.

I hope that in a few years, I can watch a Wade's Team versus Lebron's Team playoff series go seven tough games, and be thankful that this Heat Dream Team never happened.
I'll smack you in the mouth.
Revelation
Sophomore

Post#284 » by Revelation » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:32 am

I heard this rumor on ESPN radio today; apparently they said that they heard this rumor from multiple sources from both coasts. So it's not just coming from SAS. Personally, I don't see it happening; I'll believe it when I see it. However, I would see why Lebron would go to Miami over Chicago. He's looking for a franchise that will take care of him. A franchise where he has a shot to write his own legacy. In chicago, he'll be in Jordan's shadow. Evrything he'll do will get compared to Jordan. It's like what Kobe's had to deal wtih his whole career. It's not a fun thing having number 23's legacy held over your head. Kobe is mentally tough though. He's able to handle any criticism and play through it. Lebron, I don't believe has that type of toughness. Also, as Wade alluded to, the Bull's franchise doesn't take care of their superstars. The way they blew up the Jordan dynasty was absurd and classless. Not the way anyone would of pictured it ending. They didn't even offer Jordan ownership or a front office job. Not like the Lakers; where you're a Laker for life. WIth the Lakers, you know you are taken care of. Buss offered Magic ownership. Almost every notable piece from the showtime Lakers are still somewhat involved with the franchise. Whether it's part ownership like Magic, or coaching like Kareem, or announcing like Worthy; Jerry Buss runs a top notch classy organization that takes care of it's own.

Wade was right in his comments. Which is why the Bulls hasn't been relevant since 23 left. I don't see them being relevant any time soon either. Not with Krauss there. Miami is a perfect organization for a young star. It's a relatively young franchise. Doesn't have much history. Only has one ring, a championship that was never defended. There has been ZERO dynasties there. There most notable players before Wade was Alonzo Mourning and Tim Hardaway. Which in all honesty don't crack the top 50 players of all time. Whatever Lebron does there it will be all New Franchise History. He won't get compared to Jordan.

WIth that said I still see Boston having a realistic shot at shutting them down and upsetting them in the playoffs. Both WAde and Lebron can't shoot. And Boston does a good job of packing the paint and forcing the stars to shoot and not have a free lane to the hoop. This is EXACTLY how you would defend Bronze and WAde. Also, Bosh is not a back to the basket "banging" big man. He , like KG, likes to hang around the mid range area and shoot cute turn around jumpers. Not physical at all. If this "superpower" team does in fact happen; I still see Lakers 3 peating as long as we are 100 pct healthy for the first time in the finals . We all saw what a difference Bynum's presence made in the Boston series. And this was him at 40 pct. If Bynum was healthy Lakers would of ended it in 5. Easily.
Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Post#285 » by Speedlot » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:21 am

ROFL if this happens. Miami just needs to make their tickets Laker/knicks 2x prices.... then get rich.
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#286 » by kombayn » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:39 am

I think SAS information he got on FOX Sports Radio is actually the summit meeting between D-Wade, LBJ & CB4 and it was reported to him as that they're agreeing to play with each other. Honestly at the end of the day, I think the Free Agency outcome is going to far different than we expect.

D-Wade: Heat
LBJ: Nets
CB4: Rockets

That's where I think they're going.
grimjay
Ballboy

Post#287 » by grimjay » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:15 am

As a Lakers fan, I hope they join in Miami and meet with Lakers in Final. Kobe can not pass MJ no matter what even if Kobe win 7 or 8 titles. However if he beat these 3 mega stars, I have no problem to put Kobe above MJ. Mysteriously, tough opponents is a blessing in disguise for Kobe's legacy.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#288 » by and1GS » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:20 am

But Kobe's already da best y'z he got 2 prove moar?
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
dynasty_maker
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#289 » by dynasty_maker » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:31 am

grimjay wrote:As a Lakers fan, I hope they join in Miami and meet with Lakers in Final. Kobe can not pass MJ no matter what even if Kobe win 7 or 8 titles. However if he beat these 3 mega stars, I have no problem to put Kobe above MJ. Mysteriously, tough opponents is a blessing in disguise for Kobe's legacy.

Why are NBA fans so obsessed with the GOAT label? Was it always like this? The fact that we are constantly comparing every other great NBA player to MJ demonstrates to me that he is still on top.

PS - Lebron James is coming to Chicago and he is gonna play some one on one with Jordan's shadow...
96 Til Infiniti
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#290 » by 96 Til Infiniti » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:35 am

That team would be historical but it seems to me that the three only discussed the potential of playing together in Miami among other scenarios and LeBron's camp (Worldwide Wes) is pressing different rumors to "sources" to keep the pressure on all the teams involved.

I find it hard to imagine LeBron would be willing to go to D. Wade's team, and make no mistake about it the Heat are Wade's team and Miami is Wade's city. I think Chicago's still the favorite to land LBJ and Bosh.

I highly doubt any of them have their minds made up.
Thank you, Phil.
jaypo
Lead Assistant
And1: 436

Post#291 » by jaypo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:37 pm

I like the fact that Wade gave a wish list to Riley. And he has a contingency plan in case someone balks. He probably has LBJ and Bosh as 1st option. If that doesn't work, I'd say JJ and Bosh or Boozer. Then, Amare as a last option. But he is not revealing the list. I personally think that JJ and Bosh would work better than LBJ and Bosh, because I just can't see Lebron taking a back seat to anyone, and make no mistake, in Miami, everthing revolves around DWade, and it should.
MitchSlapped
Starter
And1: 32

Post#292 » by MitchSlapped » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:00 pm

How much cap room did the Heat save by waving James Jones? Does this help them get 3 max contracts?
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#293 » by Chosen01 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:52 pm

^^ They save $3 million. And no, they would have to trade Beasley to get the 3rd max slot.

If all 3 were to take a paycut, they would lose 10 mil through their contract, which could easily be recouped by endorsements and luxury or paying no state tax in miami, but still..
Ben Wilson25
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#294 » by Ben Wilson25 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:06 pm

Revelation wrote:Wade was right in his comments. Which is why the Bulls hasn't been relevant since 23 left. I don't see them being relevant any time soon either. Not with Krauss there.

You may have missed the latest Twitter update. Jerry Krause retired as Bulls GM.

In 2003.
The Evidence
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,620

Post#295 » by The Evidence » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:09 pm

grimjay wrote:As a Lakers fan, I hope they join in Miami and meet with Lakers in Final. Kobe can not pass MJ no matter what even if Kobe win 7 or 8 titles. However if he beat these 3 mega stars, I have no problem to put Kobe above MJ. Mysteriously, tough opponents is a blessing in disguise for Kobe's legacy.

Be careful of what you wish for.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#296 » by LLcoleJ » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Ben Wilson25 wrote:
Revelation wrote:Wade was right in his comments. Which is why the Bulls hasn't been relevant since 23 left. I don't see them being relevant any time soon either. Not with Krauss there.

You may have missed the latest Twitter update. Jerry Krause retired as Bulls GM.

In 2003.

HA
Legendary 33
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#297 » by Legendary 33 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:34 am

Harry Heinous wrote:
Just listen to the Stephen A. interview. I'm serious, if you're a fan of basketball, do it. It's a must listen.

He's laying it all on the line with major conviction. It's unreal.

In my head, he's uncovered something and now Broussard (who's always said the Bulls, no Heat mention) is now all of a sudden saying the heat are frontrunners!? Something is up!

:roll: good luck convincing lebron to play for less money in front of a tier 4 sports city
ahonui06
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#298 » by ahonui06 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:51 am

Legendary 33 wrote:
Harry Heinous wrote:
Just listen to the Stephen A. interview. I'm serious, if you're a fan of basketball, do it. It's a must listen.

He's laying it all on the line with major conviction. It's unreal.

In my head, he's uncovered something and now Broussard (who's always said the Bulls, no Heat mention) is now all of a sudden saying the heat are frontrunners!? Something is up!

:roll: good luck convincing lebron to play for less money in front of a tier 4 sports city

What tier is Cleveland?
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,449

Post#299 » by picc » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:51 am

It'd be funny to see all of them go to Miami and then Chris Bosh wins the finals MVP.
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#300 » by CoolD » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:20 am

picc wrote:It'd be funny to see all of them go to Miami and then Chris Bosh wins the finals MVP.

Be cool with me.
Then the next one would go to LeBron, then next year to Wade.
Then LeBron again.
Then the other one goes to Wade.
They pass around the finals MVP for 6 year straight.
Bron gets 3, Wade 2, and Bosh 1.

Return to The General Board