Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

jzmagik
Banned User
And1: 0

Update:NY going for JJ/Amare/Lebron 

Post#1 » by jzmagik » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:23 pm

Disclaimer: Before anyone jumps on my throat, know that I'm not a Knicks fan.

http://twitter.com/alanhahn

Bosh just finished his 2 hour 40 minute meeting with Knicks GM Walsh. Bosh, asked if he's excited: "Man you should have seen me in there. I'm more excited than I was yesterday."

Hahn just made a correction:
Need to correct misheard Bosh quote (it was a mob scene): said "You should have seen me the day before yesterday."
15 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Very interesting, considering the reports that Walsh is finalizing a deal to sign Amare. Now if this is true, they are probably making a power play by saying to Bosh, we're going to put together a max SnT for you after we sign Lebron to a Max.

They can potentially sign Lebron, Amare, and Bosh. Right now, NY has the biggest advantage out of all the FAs by having Amare in their pocket, because they can leverage both Lebron AND Bosh to all come play for them.

Update: SAS on ESPN 1050 is reporting Knicks are waiting on Lebron's committment. If they have that, then JJ and Amare are signing on with the Knicks, JJ through SnT
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,003

Re: NY going for 3 max FAs 

Post#2 » by Gus McCrae » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:26 pm

That's cool but why would they want Bosh AND Stoudemire? It's a heck of a luxury but that's like signing chris paul and deron williams.
jzmagik
Banned User

Post#3 » by jzmagik » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:28 pm

SoCAL24 wrote:That's cool but why would they want Bosh AND Stoudemire? It's a heck of a luxury but that's like signing chris paul and deron williams.

We're talking about D'Antoni's system. Amare would be moved over to C while Bosh plays PF. Either way thats still a frightening front court.
DJ Mbenga
Banned User

Post#4 » by DJ Mbenga » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:28 pm

Why would anyone take New York's garbage in a S&T? Why would anyone think Bosh & Amare are a good 4/5? Why would anyone think Bosh & Amare are a better pair than Wade & Bosh?
jzmagik
Banned User

Post#5 » by jzmagik » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:30 pm

DJ Mbenga wrote:Why would anyone take New York's garbage in a S&T? Why would anyone think Bosh & Amare are a good 4/5? Why would anyone think Bosh & Amare are a better pair than Wade & Bosh?

NY has some decent young pieces, Gallinari, Chandler, and Douglas.
Puertorique
Banned User

Post#6 » by Puertorique » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:30 pm

DJ Mbenga wrote:Why would anyone take New York's garbage in a S&T? Why would anyone think Bosh & Amare are a good 4/5? Why would anyone think Bosh & Amare are a better pair than Wade & Bosh?

Same reason that a team took Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol? An expiring in Curry and a young player in Wilson Chandler.
ChampionRed
Assistant Coach
And1: 881

Post#7 » by ChampionRed » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:32 pm

I'll believe it when I see it.
Manigault
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Manigault » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:33 pm

Well, Chicago has the best core of all the teams in the search of a FA, even they are the only ones with a superstar in the making, so that's not a real argument.

That being said, the argument of ... the knicks can offer the privilege to play with LeBron AND Bosh, is open to any team in the league.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#9 » by semi-sentient » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:34 pm

jzmagik wrote:
SoCAL24 wrote:That's cool but why would they want Bosh AND Stoudemire? It's a heck of a luxury but that's like signing chris paul and deron williams.

We're talking about D'Antoni's system. Amare would be moved over to C while Bosh plays PF. Either way thats still a frightening front court.

Frightening for everyone except the Lakers. It would be a hell of a series between NY/LA, but that FC is undersized in comparison, and Amare is not going to get the same easy looks that he got with Nash.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#10 » by boogydown » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:34 pm

Why is New York divulging it's plan to everyone? Can't they keep quiet?

Besides, I think NY lost it's edge to Miami who already has Wade.

Bulls also have a maxed locked in who isn't being paid like a max in Derrick Rose. The same for the Nets in Brook Lopez.
PlinkingPanda
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#11 » by PlinkingPanda » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:35 pm

Offensively it'll be a good front court, but defensively they'll be non-existent. And yes who exactly is New York going to trade for Bosh? Gallinari and Chandler? LeBron's feces are worth more than that.
bballcool34
General Manager
And1: 613

Post#12 » by bballcool34 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:39 pm

semi-sentient wrote:
jzmagik wrote:

Frightening for everyone except the Lakers. It would be a hell of a series between NY/LA, but that FC is undersized in comparison, and Amare is not going to get the same easy looks that he got with Nash.

Yeah, but if Lebron's added to the team---and I doubt all this happens btw--but if it does, that team will be frightening to everyone in the league, even LA.
Damn
tekkon
Senior
And1: 462

Post#13 » by tekkon » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:39 pm

Need to correct misheard Bosh quote (it was a mob scene): said "You should have seen me the day before yesterday."
jzmagik
Banned User

Post#14 » by jzmagik » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:40 pm

Pandam00nium wrote:Offensively it'll be a good front court, but defensively they'll be non-existent. And yes who exactly is New York going to trade for Bosh? Gallinari and Chandler? LeBron's feces are worth more than that.

It'll depend on whether Toronto thinks its worth it to lose Bosh for nothing, or getting back some contracts along with young talent.
cb4_89
RealGM
And1: 517

Post#15 » by cb4_89 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:40 pm

Pandam00nium wrote:Offensively it'll be a good front court, but defensively they'll be non-existent. And yes who exactly is New York going to trade for Bosh? Gallinari and Chandler? LeBron's feces are worth more than that.

I would take Gallo and Chandler for Bosh as it is now.
Mav-Man
Banned User

Post#16 » by Mav-Man » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:42 pm

wade,bosh, and JJ. Book it.
DJ Mbenga
Banned User

Post#17 » by DJ Mbenga » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:43 pm

So the Raptors are going to S&T Bosh for the opportunity to pay Wilson Chandler $13 million dollars? Knicks fans are on the edge.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#18 » by semi-sentient » Fri Jul 2, 2010 9:45 pm

bballcool34 wrote:Yeah, but if Lebron's added to the team---and I doubt all this happens btw--but if it does, that team will be frightening to everyone in the league, even LA.

NY would be more frightened of Bynum/Gasol/Odom than Amare/Bosh/scrub. Amare and Bosh are going to get nothing on the inside, whereas we'll get whatever we want. LeBron and Kobe are going to largely cancel out all things considered, so I don't think LA has to fear that FC. I really don't think that Amare will be as effective because LeBron is simply not a better play-maker than Nash, so he's going to fall off a little.

Anyway, it's not a bad lineup at all, but it doesn't scare me as much as Wade/LeBron/Bosh. Not even close. They would also likely have a very weak bench seeing as how their roster is currently gutted. Who backs up their bigs? Who backs up LeBron? Shooters?

PS: LeBron, Bosh, and Shaq would concern me more than the trio above, that's for sure.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
bballcool34
General Manager
And1: 613

Post#19 » by bballcool34 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 10:04 pm

semi-sentient wrote:
bballcool34 wrote:Yeah, but if Lebron's added to the team---and I doubt all this happens btw--but if it does, that team will be frightening to everyone in the league, even LA.

NY would be more frightened of Bynum/Gasol/Odom than Amare/Bosh/scrub. Amare and Bosh are going to get nothing on the inside, whereas we'll get whatever we want. LeBron and Kobe are going to largely cancel out all things considered, so I don't think LA has to fear that FC. I really don't think that Amare will be as effective because LeBron is simply not a better play-maker than Nash, so he's going to fall off a little.

Anyway, it's not a bad lineup at all, but it doesn't scare me as much as Wade/LeBron/Bosh. Not even close. They would also likely have a very weak bench seeing as how their roster is currently gutted. Who backs up their bigs? Who backs up LeBron? Shooters?

PS: LeBron, Bosh, and Shaq would concern me more than the trio above, that's for sure.

This more than anything is why the team will probably never be constructed....

And Wade/Lebron/Bosh would obviously be better because Wade is way better than Amare and the Wade/Lebron duo would tire out Kobe....the Bosh/Amare duo on the other hand would get overpowered by Bynum/Gasol....

Amare would still get his points though--from what I saw this playoffs, he doesn't really struggle to score against the Lakers although his already weak rebounding gets exposed even more against LA's length...

Still, offensively speaking, these three players on the same team would be unreal.
Damn
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#20 » by britblazerdude » Fri Jul 2, 2010 10:09 pm

if they signed Bosh/Amar'e/Johnson they'd be a good side.

Amar'e
Bosh
Gallo
Johnson
Douglas
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.

Return to The General Board