No video skits for LBJ, the Clips simply talk basketball

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Re: No video skits for LBJ, the Clips simply talk basketball 

Post#41 » by pass first » Sun Jul 4, 2010 7:51 pm

Clippers curse > MJ's shadow
wicked_crossova
General Manager
And1: 3,442

Post#42 » by wicked_crossova » Sun Jul 4, 2010 7:57 pm

PLEASE let this happen, just to mess up Miami/Chicago/Nets
WesWesley
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#43 » by WesWesley » Sun Jul 4, 2010 10:20 pm

j_n wrote:If lebron goes to the clippers the rivlary with kobe will go to whole other level.

until he suffer a career ending injury 4 mintues into the first game of the season

:lol: :lol: well played
5:26 LAC - B. Davis misses a layup
Lakeshow2417
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#44 » by Lakeshow2417 » Sun Jul 4, 2010 10:43 pm

he joins that inconsiently healthy roster. you can make an argumnt hat they ARE NOT EVE the 2nd best team in the west
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#45 » by kingkirk » Sun Jul 4, 2010 10:50 pm

Hydroponic3385 wrote:100% guarantee Lebron will not be a Clipper. Yes, that would be a nice roster to put around him. Yes, it's Los Angeles. But it's just NOT going to happen. Guarantee it, sorry.

And I guarantee it won't be the Knicks or Heat either.

It's a 3-team race between Cleveland, Chicago, and New Jersey. I'd say Cleveland and Chicago are neck and neck, with NJ being the dark horse.

+1
TheDeadDodo
Bench Warmer
And1: 334

Post#46 » by TheDeadDodo » Sun Jul 4, 2010 10:52 pm

LakersSquad wrote:Thats actually the best team Lebron could sign to besides the Cavs.

I disagree. While I think the Clippers would be a pretty good fit, I think he'd be better off in Chicago, due to the team's current level of talent and the relative weakness of the Eastern Conference. The Oklahoma Thunder were the 8th seed in the west, and frankly, they'd have beaten the crap out of most of the EC playoff teams. Anyone trying to get a WC team to the next level is going to have a hell of a hard time of it.
Sebastian
Head Coach
And1: 853

Post#47 » by Sebastian » Sun Jul 4, 2010 10:56 pm

Baron Davis will never be an all-star PG again. Nevertheless, the Clips have the best cast outside of Chicago to offer LeBron, and possibly better if Blake is as good as advertised.

If only they weren't the Clippers, they might stand a chance.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,301

Post#48 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jul 5, 2010 1:29 am

TheDeadDodo wrote:
LakersSquad wrote:Thats actually the best team Lebron could sign to besides the Cavs.

I disagree. While I think the Clippers would be a pretty good fit, I think he'd be better off in Chicago, due to the team's current level of talent and the relative weakness of the Eastern Conference. The Oklahoma Thunder were the 8th seed in the west, and frankly, they'd have beaten the crap out of most of the EC playoff teams. Anyone trying to get a WC team to the next level is going to have a hell of a hard time of it.

lets be honest.

if anyone can take the clippers up several levels at once, its lebron

Sebastian wrote:Baron Davis will never be an all-star PG again. Nevertheless, the Clips have the best cast outside of Chicago to offer LeBron, and possibly better if Blake is as good as advertised.

let lebron name the team. problem solved
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#49 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Jul 5, 2010 1:42 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:You could argue a guy as a GOAT candidate just for simply making the Clippers relevant.

I'd love to see when Kobe retires, and LeBron is winning titles, and La becomes a clipper town, and all the stars show up for those games. That would be grand.
LOL....
that'll never happen, plus you seriously underestimate the Laker ownership.

But hey....I guess it could happen.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
shawngoat23
Lead Assistant
And1: 286

Post#50 » by shawngoat23 » Mon Jul 5, 2010 1:46 am

TheDeadDodo wrote:I disagree. While I think the Clippers would be a pretty good fit, I think he'd be better off in Chicago, due to the team's current level of talent and the relative weakness of the Eastern Conference. The Oklahoma Thunder were the 8th seed in the west, and frankly, they'd have beaten the crap out of most of the EC playoff teams. Anyone trying to get a WC team to the next level is going to have a hell of a hard time of it.

I think the Eastern Conference is deeper, but there was only one top team last year in the West, as opposed to several in the East. Obviously, Cleveland wouldn't be a concern for LeBron (because he'll either be on the squad or sign somewhere else), but teams like Miami, New Jersey, and New York can easily become serious title contenders if they have a great FA. I think from a competitive point of view, LeBron would be smart to get out of the East.
penbeast0 wrote:Yes, he did. And as a mod, I can't even put him on ignore . . . sigh.
shmoosicle
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,685

Post#51 » by shmoosicle » Mon Jul 5, 2010 2:12 am

It's not a bad approach, but I doubt LeBron goes to the Clippers. Their ownership just does not have a good reputation.
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#52 » by deviljets7 » Mon Jul 5, 2010 6:16 am

Sebastian wrote:Baron Davis will never be an all-star PG again. Nevertheless, the Clips have the best cast outside of Chicago to offer LeBron, and possibly better if Blake is as good as advertised.

Nets supporting cast is > Clippers supporting cast IMO.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.
LakersMoscow
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#53 » by LakersMoscow » Mon Jul 5, 2010 6:23 am

the Clips have no chance.
ahonui06
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#54 » by ahonui06 » Mon Jul 5, 2010 6:33 am

Last time I checked they are still the Clippers.
PlinkingPanda
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#55 » by PlinkingPanda » Mon Jul 5, 2010 6:44 am

deviljets7 wrote:

Nets supporting cast is > Clippers supporting cast IMO.

I think it's about even. It's a bit hard to say cause Griffin hasn't played a single game yet. If he plays as well as everyone expects I'd put us ahead. If not then I'd give it to Jersey.

As much as I'd want LeBron here I'm actually pretty damn tired of these threads now. I've said all I needed to say in previous threads along with this one. So odds are I'll just mosey on back to the Clippers board just to avoid these threads now..

ahonui06 wrote:Last time I checked they are still the Clippers.

Last time I checked you lacked a brain to have a decent discussion. This is practically the same idiotic response you gave when a Clipper fan asked how Dwane Casey was as a coach. Maybe you should take some time off and come back when you learn how to have a conversation with adults hmm?
East Oakland
Banned User

Post#56 » by East Oakland » Mon Jul 5, 2010 11:23 am

Imagine if LeBron does sign with the Clippers. Who would you automatically think of when you hear "LA"? LeBron or Kobe?
Reservoirdawgs
Starter
And1: 965

Post#57 » by Reservoirdawgs » Mon Jul 5, 2010 1:50 pm

East Oakland wrote:Imagine if LeBron does sign with the Clippers. Who would you automatically think of when you hear "LA"? LeBron or Kobe?

Kobe, clearly, due to him playing for the Lakers.
So when is this plane going down? I'll ride it til' it hits the ground!
PETEY PABLO
Junior

Post#58 » by PETEY PABLO » Mon Jul 5, 2010 4:20 pm

New York's roster - WIlson Chandler, Chris Duhon,Danillo Gallinari ? ? ?
2010 record 29-53 in the east

New Jersey's roster - Lopez , Courtney Lee, Devin Harris
2010 record ? in the east

Chicago's roster - Derrick Rose,Joakim Noah, Luo Deng
2010 record 41-41 in the east

Clippers's roster - Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, FA , Blake Griffin , Chris Kaman
2010 record 29-53 in the west ( missing Blake Griffin all season) They were .500 until the allstar break. Then tanked the second half of season.
You are either doing or not doing .
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,036
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#59 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jul 5, 2010 4:29 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:You could argue a guy as a GOAT candidate just for simply making the Clippers relevant.

I'd love to see when Kobe retires, and LeBron is winning titles, and La becomes a clipper town, and all the stars show up for those games. That would be grand.
LOL....
that'll never happen, plus you seriously underestimate the Laker ownership.

But hey....I guess it could happen.

It only took one playoff run in GS to have Snoop and Jessica Alba rockin "we believe" shirts :lol:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#60 » by TheNewEra » Mon Jul 5, 2010 4:35 pm

Besides the media adores Lebron if he comes in they will push for him to be the face of LA.

Return to The General Board