Do You Like The SuperTeam?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Do you like the superteam

Yes
23%
No
77%

Total votes: 126

Bgil
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Re: Do You Like The SuperTeam? 

Post#41 » by Bgil » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:49 am

I love it. If the Gasol trade caused huge ripples throughout the league then this will do the same. No way Melo, CP3, Dwight etc. standby while the Lakers and Heat dominate the league for years to come.

Hopefully Toronto has a firesale and the Lakers can pick up a couple pieces like Jack, Calderon, and/or Hedo.
"I'm sure they'll jump off the bandwagon. Then when we do get back on top, they're going to want to jump back on, and we're going to tell them there's no more room." - Kobe in March of 2005
ForeveRaptorFan
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Post#42 » by ForeveRaptorFan » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:50 am

I think we'll love it up until they win like 4-5 championships in a row. Then we'll get sick of them and turn them into the villains.

I didn't think I'd see this unless in video games.
Following Bargnani's Progress since entering the League: Bargnani, Ill Mago, Barney, Bustnani, Bust and a Nani, Beastnani, Beardnani, Killer B...
Den Masters
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#43 » by Den Masters » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:51 am

Alex_De_Large wrote:If Wade accepts a secondary role, i love it.

:lol:

lebron is going to be wade's pippen. wade is the king of the heat team.
canguy20m
Assistant Coach
And1: 442

Post#44 » by canguy20m » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:53 am

Bgil wrote:I love it. If the Gasol trade caused huge ripples throughout the league then this will do the same. No way Melo, CP3, Dwight etc. standby while the Lakers and Heat dominate the league for years to come.

Hopefully Toronto has a firesale and the Lakers can pick up a couple pieces like Jack, Calderon, and/or Hedo.

or maybe one or more of those Toronto players takes advantage of the extra minutes and opportunities and proves that Toronto doesn't need to have one.
rottenzombie
Lead Assistant
And1: 505

Post#45 » by rottenzombie » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:54 am

canguy20m wrote:
rottenzombie wrote:
canguy20m wrote:3 potential franchise players of the future just disappeared. with it the rivalries, competition, any league parity that was left. it would've been much better for the league if bosh was able to continue growing as a franchise player, teaming up with someone like chris paul, joe johnson, okafor where he'd be able to continue maximizing his strengths (scoring).
this does open up an opportunity for new franchise players. someone who wouldn't have gotten the chance eventually will in cleveland or toronto. the league better not hype them up unless they really deserve it.

You mean 2 franchise players cuz Bosh really isn't one....At least not one that could carry a team far into the playoff......

who knows what would've happened if toronto was able to get someone like monta ellis. bosh isn't already at franchise player level but he has the potential to get there. boozer should've gone there and bosh to chicago where there was more of an opportunity for him to grow as a franchise player.

I don't know. From watching Bosh in all these years, I have a hard time envisioning him as leading a team to a championship when he is the absolute best player on that team.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,033
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#46 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:55 am

I hope yall know that these dudes are going to come out with a vengeance, and Bosh is gonna play that type of D he played in the olympics.

This is bad.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
JD225
Analyst
And1: 341

Post#47 » by JD225 » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:56 am

Also it's going to be ridiculously frustrating to watch your team play the Heat. Ever watch a game against the Cavs, Heat or Raps and just accept the fact that LeBron, Wade or Bosh are going to go off from the FT line and will continue to get there all night. Now imagine all three of these guys strolling to the damn free throw line on random love taps. It's going to drive people here insane.
now and 4 life
Starter
And1: 11

Post#48 » by now and 4 life » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:57 am

The fact that one of my least favourite players is on this superteam makes them pretty unlikeable. However, I am going to have a hard time rooting against Lebron and Bosh. So I guess I kinda like it.
ItsMillerTime
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#49 » by ItsMillerTime » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:58 am

LOL at the rest of the NBA. go watch hockey for the next 6 years, all you will be seeing is Miamia Heat players holding up trophies for a half decade
NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#50 » by NOODLESTYLE » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:59 am

As a fan of basketball, yes. As a fan of a different team, no.

So it's bittersweet.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#51 » by Volcano » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:59 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:I hope yall know that these dudes are going to come out with a vengeance, and Bosh is gonna play that type of D he played in the olympics.

This is bad.

Bosh's "Olympic D" wasn't that good in the first place. He was guarding crappy players anyways.

His defense towards the end of last season was actually better than his Olympic D.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,459

Post#52 » by picc » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:01 am

I'd love it, if the Lakers didnt exist.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#53 » by Cammo101 » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:03 am

Hilltop wrote:Now all that's left is to send Paul and Durant to Orlando. Now we can have a real clash!

Paul, Durant, and Howard on Orlando would trash the Heat. Sadly, it won't happen. Not a big enough market for Stern to get involved.
RocPHX
Senior

Post#54 » by RocPHX » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:40 am

I think its terrible for the NBA as a whole, because we're gonna start seeing teams like this sprout up in a selctive few areas. Its really a cheap, and pretty much ruins alot of the suspense..
Steve Nash is the point guard jason kidd wishes he was.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,033
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#55 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:48 am

Sends a bad message when the face of the league ditches the small market(and his home) for the glitzy celebrity spot.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
RapsVC15
RealGM
And1: 424

Post#56 » by RapsVC15 » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:49 am

It's pretty obvious that every fan, outside Heat fans obviously, are hoping they fall flat on their face.

How awesome would it be if the Heat got bounced in the first round?
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 877

Post#57 » by mattyBoi » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:50 am

TJ11 wrote:It's pretty obvious that every fan, outside Heat fans obviously, are hoping they fall flat on their face.

How awesome would it be if the Heat got bounced in the first round?

Very.
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#58 » by Gus McCrae » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:51 am

Lakers got Gasol
Celtics got KG and Ray Allen
Heat got Bosh and Lebron

first two did what they had to....it's your turn Miami
jzmagik
Banned User

Post#59 » by jzmagik » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:52 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Sends a bad message when the face of the league ditches the small market(and his home) for the glitzy celebrity spot.

Exactly, small market teams get shat on by this whole spectacle.

There's no reason to hold a grudge against Lebron unless you're from Cleveland. Bottom line, this is a business, nothing more nothing less.
ptown08
Sixth Man

Post#60 » by ptown08 » Fri Jul 9, 2010 4:53 am

No. I think they admitted to themselves and everybody else that they can't compete with separate teams. Killing competitiveness in the NBA. It looks like were headed for the 50's and 60's all over again, less than 10 super teams. Not a fan.
Get Healthy Big Fella

Return to The General Board