The Heat and Tampering

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

dwade3
Lead Assistant
And1: 46

Re: The Heat and Tampering 

Post#121 » by dwade3 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:22 am

UGA Hayes wrote:^ Well it would be tampering if he in any way told NY he was coming there. Thats the point. Noone is arguing that teams can't clear for capspace. But if one got an assurance than there is an issue. I think the other thing that bothers me is that after Amare signed early, the heat were never linked to other FA even when it "sounded" like LeBron was going the another way- I always thought that was kind of weird

maybe they knew something, but after july 1st...but again, who knows...its going to be impossible to prove if there was any tampering or not...
ikidunot
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#122 » by ikidunot » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:24 am

dwade3 wrote:
Gemini850 wrote:Well If Spike Lee said it was rigged, case closed!

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/07/10/espn-spike-lees-reaction-to-lebrons-decision/

Start at the 3:55 mark or just listen to the whole thing.

ya, a die heart Knicks fan saying that..lol..cmon, all the NY fans thought they were going to get lbj...they tanked for last two years to clean up cap space for lbj and in the end only got amare...

Him and Lebron is close.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,026

Post#123 » by heatwillbeback » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:26 am

The Heat had meetings with Boozer and multiple meetings with David Lee.

we were not linked to other free agents? Not even close to being accurate
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,462

Post#124 » by fishfuego. » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:27 am

A waste of time. The league cannot do a damn thing because it has nothing to base its accusations on.

Speculations and opinions are not facts. Give it up already, Miami has the three top FAs.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#125 » by Flash3 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:28 am

lj4mvp wrote:
yes - quitting in one of the biggest games in franchise history is inexcusable. I couldn't understand what I saw until I saw how free agency went. Here's what I posted on a cavs board the day after game 5

I'm not sure how to address this given the way you went each and every time out of your way to defend LBJ, and I give you props there, because you backed it up with numbers AND facts.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
dwade3
Lead Assistant

Post#126 » by dwade3 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:31 am

Gemini850 wrote:
dwade3 wrote:
Gemini850 wrote:Well If Spike Lee said it was rigged, case closed!

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/07/10/espn-spike-lees-reaction-to-lebrons-decision/

Start at the 3:55 mark or just listen to the whole thing.

ya, a die heart Knicks fan saying that..lol..cmon, all the NY fans thought they were going to get lbj...they tanked for last two years to clean up cap space for lbj and in the end only got amare...

Him and Lebron is close.

so? isnt Jay-z and lbj close friends also? and he is part owner of the NETS..u dont think jay-z tired to get lbj chose the nets way before july 1st?
WiseOwlWins
Senior
And1: 170

Post#127 » by WiseOwlWins » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:59 am

quit saying it was tampering.........everyone knew these 3 were FA this summer. THE KNICKS HEAT and last minute bulls scrambled to open up space for 2 or 3 of these guys. guess who SACRIFICED 2 YEARS to be in this position. Riley did, hence why he is simply the greatest gm of all time. call me a homer or w.e you want but that is just a cover up for not having a valid argument against this.
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,959

Post#128 » by INKtastic » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:05 am

fishfuego. wrote:A waste of time. The league cannot do a damn thing because it has nothing to base its accusations on.

Speculations and opinions are not facts. Give it up already, Miami has the three top FAs.

I'm certain that Windhorst either has sources for or witnessed himself everything he reported.

And heat fans who keep saying "there's no proof" better hope they are right. If there was tampering, you can certainly bet that Cleveland, Toronto, Chicago, NY and NJ are plenty upset about it.

Cleveland and Toronto lost their best players. Chicago gave away a key starter and a draft pick with the expectation that they had a shot at two of the 4 top free agents. NY and NJ both gutted their teams with similar expectations. It just takes one of them to have proof that there was tampering and the whole free agency was a farce.

You can be pretty certain that if they don't have proof already, they are looking for it after Bosh's slip last night.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
FinNasty
Veteran
And1: 2,806

Re: Guys, we 

Post#129 » by FinNasty » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:12 am

ComeAtMeBro wrote:We knew this. We knew this from Wade's camp from Day 1.

This is nothing "surprising" you can see this from the draft-day move of Miami clearing more cap room.

I just feel very, very bad for Cleveland.

Huh? What about what Chicago did to clear cap room on draft day?

There were a lot of teams trying to do exactly what we did. Tons of teams were setting up for the FA. We just reeled them in...

They wanted to play together. Wherever that may be... they wanted to play together. And theres nothing illegal about that...
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,078

Post#130 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:12 am

lj4mvp, there probably was a small measure of tampering. By that I mean, Wade/Bosh/LeBron saying something like "We'll listen to other offers, but if it all works out, lets try to get together" sometime in June. But there's not a whole lot that can be done to prove this.

But you're coming off super butthurt in this thread. For someone that usually lets the numbers do the talking, that's a bit out of character. I haven't seen you this out of your element since way back in the day on the ESPN boards :lol:
FinNasty
Veteran

Post#131 » by FinNasty » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:17 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:lj4mvp, there probably was a small measure of tampering. By that I mean, Wade/Bosh/LeBron saying something like "We'll listen to other offers, but if it all works out, lets try to get together" sometime in June. But there's not a whole lot that can be done to prove this.

But you're coming off super butthurt in this thread. For someone that usually lets the numbers do the talking, that's a bit out of character. I haven't seen you this out of your element since way back in the day on the ESPN boards :lol:

But thats not tampering. Nothing is illegal about that...
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,959

Post#132 » by INKtastic » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:20 am

FinNasty wrote:
ComeAtMeBro wrote:We knew this. We knew this from Wade's camp from Day 1.

This is nothing "surprising" you can see this from the draft-day move of Miami clearing more cap room.

I just feel very, very bad for Cleveland.

Huh? What about what Chicago did to clear cap room on draft day?

There were a lot of teams trying to do exactly what we did. Tons of teams were setting up for the FA. We just reeled them in...

That's the question, isn't it? Did you reel them in, or was it prearranged? If it was prearranged as it appears, don't you see the difference between the heat clearing cap space the day of the draft and the Bulls doing the same? The Bulls thought they were competing for LeBron or Wade, who in reality weren't even available.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,078

Post#133 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:22 am

lj4mvp wrote:The Bulls thought they were competing for LeBron or Wade, who in reality weren't even available.

In your opinion. Unless you have proof that they committed to Miami before the draft.

By the way, that's advertising in your sig, that's against the TOS.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#134 » by Dupp » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:22 am

bosh said it himself
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,595

Post#135 » by kyphi » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:26 am

No tampering is what the NBA will find if they investigate. Book it.
dwade3
Lead Assistant

Post#136 » by dwade3 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:27 am

King23 wrote:bosh said it himself

he could easily mean that wade, lbj and bosh talked about playing together..they are good friends, they can talk to them self about where they are going to play...
FinNasty
Veteran

Post#137 » by FinNasty » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:29 am

Storm Surge wrote:
20MexicanosIn1Van wrote:Not to mention Lebron changing from #23 (retired in Miami) to #6.

didn't think about this until you mentioned it.

It was staged

Man I'm am really rooting for this team to fail now.

The question is though, is that why was Pat Riley in on it while another team (say Knicks) were not? Knicks could have used Gallo and Chandler to get rid of curry.

B/c the Knicks are a terribly run organization. Of course Riley was the one that pulled it off over the Knicks organization or the Bulls...

And with a built in advantage of south beach and no state taxes... he took it down.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#138 » by Dupp » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:46 am

dwade3 wrote:

he could easily mean that wade, lbj and bosh talked about playing together..they are good friends, they can talk to them self about where they are going to play...

im just saying i think lebrons known hes gonna leave cleveland for a couple of months
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#139 » by CoolD » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:09 am

King23 wrote:
dwade3 wrote:

im just saying i think lebrons known hes gonna leave cleveland for a couple of months
Ofcourse he was going to leave the Cavs. He was in hell hole, his team just got eliminated in the second round, and after 7 years and has nothing to show for, he gets booed the last game of the season in Cleveland to add. Everyone in the media blames LeBron for having a bad game, but his team wasn't that good. They just had gotten Antawn Jamison and overpaid bum , they had no flexiblity with a bunch of bad contracts, people would have to be dumb to think LeBron was staying. That was why Chicago, Knicks were supposedly favored to land him. Riley just had a better plan. We the Heat had being going through this plan for 2 years. which we got lucky, because Lamar Odom didnt' sign with us, also Amare trade didn't come through, which we got lucky to still have a lot of caproom.

Also the fact LeBron went out the playoffs to the same team Heat got eliminated. It was 100 percent the Cavs management. They fired their coach, their GM, they have no flexiblity to add an improve the team, and the only thing the Cavs depended was a pity us campagin. Also Kobe just won another title, LeBron sees that Kobe wins game 7, shooting 6 of 24. This totally was too much for LeBron. Riley was planning for this for a while, we go lucky, LeBron's team got eliminated in the second round. And we had been planning for this, to add another max or two next to Wade.

Also Wade, Bosh and Bron were all from the same draft class, also won a gold medal together, so it was easier sell than people thought it was.
Teddy Bruckshut
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#140 » by Teddy Bruckshut » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:12 am

Who cares? Everyone knows that nobody in this business tampers more than Pat Riley. That is why we love Pat Riley so much. He doesn't care. If there's a job that needs to get done he's getting it done and not worrying about anything in his way. If these players want to play together then they're going to play together regardless. They positioned themselves for this opportunity. What goes on behind the cameras and media is nobody's business.

Most Heat and Raptors fans already knew about Wade & Bosh. Everyone knew Bosh was going to end up coming here regardless of what happened. LeBron, however, I don't believe. I don't believe that was decided upon until his late night conference with already committed Wade & Bosh. If you probably can't beat 'em, then you probably should join 'em, especially if you're not enemies to begin with.

What's interesting to me is Chris Paul's supposed involvement in the pact. Take that mid level down the line, CP3. Sign a contract long enough for Miami to hold your bird rights, then claim your max in the future. Until then, Jordan Brand and other endorsements will take care of you financially. 8-)

Return to The General Board