Wall...18pts,10ats,5stls...8 tos..in 3Qrts

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

cdouglas
Veteran
And1: 81

Re: Wall...18pts,10ats,5stls...8 tos..in 3Qrts 

Post#61 » by cdouglas » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:36 pm

I'm not concerned about all of the negatives about Wall on the board because the coaches have nothing but great things to say about him. They know more than anyone on the board would know about his game.
IanJames
Senior
And1: 10

Post#62 » by IanJames » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:42 pm

He'll have his turnover problems sorted out by the end of summer league, these are his first few "NBA" games and he's still just got a lot of anxiousness/built up nerves that have caused him to turn the ball over at a high rate. Even though his stats were similar, he was noticeably much more under control in his second game than his first, making simple, effective passes that lead to easy points. Personally I don't think Wall could have looked much better in these first few games, he's going to be an incredible player.
The Evidence
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,620

Post#63 » by The Evidence » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:47 pm

Wall is a different player than Rose, Evans, Westbrook, etc. He will be good in his own right.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,939

Post#64 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:04 pm

I thought he was more of a scoring PG, and I have to say, I'm impressed by his court sense. He's going to be a much better playmaker than I thought. With his size and athletic ability, I could see him being a more dynamic Gary Payton if he really embraced the defensive end. That's probably a really strange comparison, but for some reason that's the name that sticks out to me.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#65 » by GhostsOfGil » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:I thought he was more of a scoring PG, and I have to say, I'm impressed by his court sense. He's going to be a much better playmaker than I thought. With his size and athletic ability, I could see him being a more dynamic Gary Payton if he really embraced the defensive end. That's probably a really strange comparison, but for some reason that's the name that sticks out to me.

actually quite a few analysts have made this comparison but more because of his defensive potential.
Legendary 33
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#66 » by Legendary 33 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Chosen01 wrote:
Anyways Wall will be better than Rose, that much I can say.

You're really getting ridiculous now dude. I love Wall, but you really need to stop with that nonsense. We'll talk if/when Wall wins rookie of the year and makes the all star team. Until then, STFU. Rose's ceiling is just as high, if not higher.
RASALPOOL27
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#67 » by RASALPOOL27 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Benjammin wrote:
RASALPOOL27 wrote:
CB4MiamiHeat wrote:He will be better than Rose .. reminds me so much of Wade with the timing of his passes.. the way he doesnt mind getting fouled .. and the way he plays defense reminds of Wade as well.

thats my opinion .. turnovers are high everywhere in summer league.

It's summer league . Its still a joke to compare him to Rose . Remember two years ago Michael Beasley look great in summer league . Look how that turned out

You know the Rose fan boys are running scared when you get comments like this.

What has wall accomplished so far in the NBA ? Absolutely nothing .
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#68 » by tranjSAIC » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:15 pm

Legendary 33 wrote:
Chosen01 wrote:

You're really getting ridiculous now dude. I love Wall, but you really need to stop with that nonsense. We'll talk if/when Wall wins rookie of the year and makes the all star team. Until then, STFU. Rose's ceiling is just as high, if not higher.

Why are you telling people to STFU, you don't know if he is right or wrong, he is just giving an opinion. And IMO I think Wall might be better then Rose as well. I think while they both are pretty damn similar athletically speaking I think Wall has better PG instincts then Rose. Rose reminds me of a smaller version of Wade, while Wall reminds of of Rose with Paul's vision (Well not quite but you get what I'm saying).
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Post#69 » by Benjammin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Legendary 33 wrote:
Chosen01 wrote:

Another Rose fan boy-- who me thinks thou doth protest too much. Of course Rose has already proven he can play at a high level in the NBA and Wall hasn't played a single regular season game. However, it doesn't take a Red Auerbach to compare and contrast their games and athletic ability to this point. It's not a crime to think that Wall may be a little more gifted athletically than Rose. That doesn't mean he will be as good a player as Rose has been, but he may have the potential. That's why the angry comments from Rose fan boys come off a little anxious. You need not be defensive about Rose; he's had a great start to his career and will continue to get better. Nor do you need angrily to berate someone who feels that Wall may have more potential (whether or not he ever achieves it) than Rose. You can certainly disagree with that belief, but don't act like it's a ridiculous or ludicrous opinion to hold.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#70 » by GhostsOfGil » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:35 pm

i can already tell this debate will be one for the ages. :D someone needs to make a wall vs rose in the comparison board asap!
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#71 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Wall has a really good chance to be better than Rose, maybe even way better

Wall also has a chance to not be as good as rose....these are things that will just have to play out. Why everyone is getting so up in arms about it is hilarious.

I can't wait until JW settles down a tad with the turnovers.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,285

Post#72 » by nate33 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Concept Coop wrote:
nate33 wrote:Bottom line, he's a bit more raw than Rose when Rose came into the league, but his upside is definitely higher. It's possible that he will be the best PG in the NBA in a few years.

Call me a homer, but please expand on this.

Rose was the ROY, then made the All-Star team in his 2nd season. After the All-Star break (healthy) Rose put up around 22/7 on 50% with a per of 22. (All of the top of my head, but not made up). Those are crazy number, considering that he had no 3 poing shooting or post options to play with. His assist numbers will increase greatly.

So again, in what ways is Wall's ceiling definitely higher? Rose is the most physically gifted PG in the league that has already shown the work ethic, desire, and ability to improve at a rapid rate.

I do not think Rose is more physically gifted than Wall. Wall is just as quick as Rose, if not quicker. He also has greater length which is already helping him be a better defender. Wall also has better court vision. So with respect to pure physical differences, I think Wall has the edge.

As far as what I've seen on the court, I think Wall is a better defender than a rookie Rose, and he's a better shooter. Rose was better and taking care of the ball in traffic. I think, in time, Rose will continue to improve his jumper and Wall will continue to improve his ball handling. After each player has had a few years to develop, I think they will be similar on offense. Wall will be a better passer, but he'll also be more turnover prone. The difference is that I believe Wall will be the better defender.

No need to get all defensive about it. These are just opinions. Nobody can predict the future. I could be wrong.
rockymac52
Sixth Man
And1: 73

Post#73 » by rockymac52 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:13 am

I'd be mad if I were a Bulls fan and had a great, young PG prospect and all of a sudden there's a new kid in town and everyone's already saying he's better. Look, we know Rose is good. He was an allstar for good reason, and he still has plenty of room to improve, and I think he will. Many teams would love to have Rose. But I think most, if not all NBA teams would rather have Wall than Rose at this point. It's true that Wall hasn't played in an NBA game yet, and hasn't proven anything, while Rose won ROY and made the allstar game, but that only matters so much. Rose has proven he can be a good player, and it's very possible/likely that he gets even better. But it's also very possible/likely that Wall wins ROY, makes an allstar game within his first two seasons, and gets much much better too. Wall still has to do those things, but it's not all about awards and recognition. He was pegged as the number one draft pick a year in advance for good reason. He's elite. Rose is damn good too, and Bulls fans need to understand we're not trashing him, we respect him and think he's pretty damn good. If Wall ended up just as good as Rose is, I can't say I wouldn't be happy. But at the same time, Wall has the potential to be even better than Rose.

The biggest knock on Rose is, and will probably continue to be, his lack of assists. He's not awful by any means, but he was 12th in the NBA in assists with 6 apg. For a guy who's supposed to be "pass first" that's a little low, wouldn't you say? All things considered, Rose is actually "shoot first" if you want to go by simple definitions based on stats. Of the 11 guys that had more assists per game than Rose last season, only 3 of them had more points per game. 2 of those 3 were LeBron and Wade, who obviously aren't point guards. The other was Gilbert Arenas, many people's definition of a shoot first point guard. At this point I'm just messing with the Rose fans, although all the stats here are true, you can interpret them however you'd like.

I honestly see Wall as a faster, smaller Dwyane Wade who looks to get his teammates involved more. Just watch how Wall attacks the basket fearlessly. Looks just like Wade to me.
B-easy
Starter
And1: 488

Post#74 » by B-easy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:33 am

Yeah wall seems like a D-wade type player. Get's to the line A lot and has similar slashing ability. But he prefers to pass than score and he is too turnover prone. Rose is more of a scorer, doesn't have the passing ability but is a combo guard. I don't see him being an elite scorer until he starts to get to the free throw line more often. I don't think he will be a great "pass first" PG even with better players, but he will be a great scorer.

Both will be great players. Can't wait for Chicago vs Washington next season.
AceDegenerate
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#75 » by AceDegenerate » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:15 pm

NADALbULLS wrote:I think Kwame Brown once averaged 25-30ppg in a summer league, so you can never tell. But if you do assess Wall at this point its best to look at the footage rather than the numbers.

This never happened, like most things you post.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#76 » by Chosen01 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:22 pm

Legendary 33 wrote:
Chosen01 wrote:

:lol: U MAD? seriously your pathetic, just calm down its my opinion, I think Wall will be better than Rose. Just because your all on Rose nuts,doesn't mean you have to mad when people think Wall is already looking he'll be the "next D-Wade" than your boy Rose.

Wall is quicker and has better court vision than Rose.While Rose is alot more of a scorer, they are both good in their own way.

Wall is the pure PG version of Wade.

Return to The General Board