Magic: Thats Not We Were About

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

coolnerd88
Bench Warmer
And1: 222

Re: Magic: Thats Not We Were About 

Post#301 » by coolnerd88 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:52 am

Let it go...Bron came to us cool....

Like I said in my original post, Magic and Larry, I don't believe has ever been in Lebron's shoes but Jordan as I explained had it worst than Lebron and he trumphied with the help of Phil...to make the Bulls dynasty type relevent....so his opinion holds pretty good weight...Magic and Larry..Mopper's right, they didn't have it like Lebron.

But thats one of the million reasons why Jordan is the goat.

This is getting crazy.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,639

Post#302 » by picc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:57 am

CB4MiamiHeat wrote:
should Kobe ask out of the Lakers .. you know, being that they have the best frontcourt in basketball?

You have a top 3 player and the best frontcourt in basketball ..thats the easy way out, no?
We want the league to be competitive!

Or what about playing with prime Shaq? .. that not doing it as the man, right?

Everybody wants to play with elite players ..some were fortunate enough to be drafted by teams who are able to do that ... some were not.

None of its been easy. All of it has been competitive.

If the situations were truly comparable, these guys (MJ/Magic/Bird/etc.) would be similarly commenting on Kobe as they are on Lebron now. And there would have been others similarly commenting on them, and the stacked teams they played on in the 80's and 90's.

But they aren't. Because the situations aren't comparable. The criticism Lebron is receiving is unique in its relation to NBA history and its players. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to grasp why or how, when 99% of the world's sports fans and players can.
bl2k
Veteran
And1: 13

Post#303 » by bl2k » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:02 am

CB4MiamiHeat wrote:
picc wrote:I actually think what Bird said conveyed the issue here a little more than Magic or MJ's words.

Larry said if he teamed up with Magic or Jordan "it would have been too easy". I don't care that Lebron wanted to play with his friends, and I definitely don't mind he wanted to do it in Miami. But the Heat now have arguably the two best players in the entire league, in addition to a 24/10 big. Them not winning the next few titles would be a major surprise. To me, that does say he took the easy way out.

Because i'm not a fan of Lebron, it doesn't bother me much. His legacy is of no concern to me. The only reason I even care about this is because it effects the Lakers long-term. But I think that is in essence what these all-time greats are trying to get across. It's too easy for the best players in the league to join together and destroy everyone, as Lebron/Wade/Bosh WILL do. As one of the GM's intimated, it does seem to reflect a lack of competitiveness.

As a fan of Wade, I am a little surprised and disappointed at him pushing so hard for this. But he has won a title before, so I guess the pressure is a little off on that end.

should Kobe ask out of the Lakers .. you know, being that they have the best frontcourt in basketball?

You have a top 3 player and the best frontcourt in basketball ..thats the easy way out, no?
We want the league to be competitive!

Or what about playing with prime Shaq? .. that not doing it as the man, right?

Everybody wants to play with elite players ..some were fortunate enough to be drafted by teams who are able to do that ... some were not.

Pau is top 10-15 like Bosh, show me where Kobe's other top 3 player is. Is it Bynum, is it Ron? is it LO? That front court was drafted/traded and developed into what it was, it wasn't already proven like Bosh/Wade, lol@people continually trying bring this up
WiseOwlWins
Senior
And1: 170

Post#304 » by WiseOwlWins » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:03 am

[/quote]I don't think you understood. Kareem left Milwaukee in his prime to join the Lakers. Shaq left Orlando in his prime to join the Lakers.[/quote]

yes i understood it, and so here is my point, is shaq or kareem leaving in their prime to play with better organizations taint there legacies? that is where they created their legacy, lebron is doing just that.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#305 » by sanity » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:05 am

ahonui06 wrote:
richboy wrote:This is laughable. Magic goes to LA. Plays with multiple HOFers. Of course he wasn't thinking of leaving. Would it have been the same if he was playing by himself in some small city.

Plus these comments should anger the Lakers. The Lakers are the champs. Lebron didn't go join the champs. He went to join players that were barely above 500. Lebron should be focused on beating Wade and Bosh. I thought Lebron should be focused on beating the Celtics and Lakers. Wade and Bosh have done squat since 06.

Correction: Bosh hasn't done anything significant

Fixed

This entire conversation should be about James and Wade only. In a few years time, all will be forgotten about it and people with think of the two as Heat players first.
LALegend
Bench Warmer
And1: 14

Post#306 » by LALegend » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:06 am

Miami's Finest wrote:
So they had better teams right?

And Lebron rather win than prove hes better than his close friends... horrible guy for that.

You will never understand if you seriously believe what you just said here. Everyone here gets it except for these Heat fans who feel the need to defend LeBron to the death before he has even played a game for them.

LeBron had the better team...best record in the league two years in a row. He's not a horrible person, but people are going to view him as not competitive because he would rather play with his friends then try to beat them.
34Dayz on Smush Parker
34Dayz wrote:If he was given a few years to develop I could see him being a Star.
34Dayz wrote:I think because he has a silly name people will never take him seriously.
MLSE
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#307 » by MLSE » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:08 am

LALegend wrote:
Miami's Finest wrote:

And Lebron rather win than prove hes better than his close friends... horrible guy for that.

You will never understand if you seriously believe what you just said here. Everyone here gets it except for these Heat fans who feel the need to defend LeBron to the death before he has even played a game for them.

LeBron had the better team...best record in the league two years in a row. He's not a horrible person, but people are going to view him as not competitive because he would rather play with his friends then try to beat them.

Ding.

Ding.

Ding.

We have a winner!

True Legends are cut throat, because Lebron is so skilled we expect him to also have a heart and want to shove the ball down D-Wade's throat for having one more title than him.
Miami's Finest
Starter

Post#308 » by Miami's Finest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:10 am

LALegend wrote:
Miami's Finest wrote:

Lebron had a better team than Magic, Larry and MJ? And wanting to win titles is non-competitive? So you're mad b/c he's non-competitive.

Lebron wants to win, thats obvious by his decision. And he doesn't feel the need to prove hes better than probably his best friend in the league. Thats obvious in the decision as well. Who cares?
MLSE
Banned User

Post#309 » by MLSE » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:12 am

Miami's Finest wrote:
LALegend wrote:
Miami's Finest wrote:

Lebron had a better team than Magic, Larry and MJ? And wanting to win titles is non-competitive? So you're mad b/c he's non-competitive.

Lebron wants to win, thats obvious by his decision. And he doesn't feel the need to prove hes better than probably his best friend in the league. Thats obvious in the decision as well. Who cares?

"Wanting to win titles is not competitive"

You really twist everything and anything to keep Lebron on the pedestal you are holding eh?
LALegend
Bench Warmer

Post#310 » by LALegend » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:15 am

Miami's Finest wrote:
LALegend wrote:
Miami's Finest wrote:

Yes, he wants to win.
No, he does not want to be competitive.

Thats as simple as I can put it.

And by the way, please stop with this best friends crap. Even I try to be better then my friends when I play with them.
34Dayz on Smush Parker
34Dayz wrote:If he was given a few years to develop I could see him being a Star.
34Dayz wrote:I think because he has a silly name people will never take him seriously.
Harry Heinous
Banned User
And1: 1
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#311 » by Harry Heinous » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:20 am

LALegend wrote:
Yes, he wants to win.

And by the way, please stop with this best friends crap. Even I try to be better then my friends when I play with them.

So you're saying the Heat will stomp the Lakers? No competition?

:lol: Who cares? Everyone hates that Lebron did what he did. Heat fans love it. Let's move on.

As a Heat fan, I don't really care about Lebron's legacy. I care about championships and the Miami Heat's collective legacy.
AllBall
Banned User

Post#312 » by AllBall » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:21 am

Yes.

Fck.

We get it already.

Their legacy is ruined. They wont be the GOAT. They obviously don't give a flying fck and neither do we.

Hold the NBA up at gunpoint, steal them rings!

Gimme the loot! Gimme the loot! I'm a bad man! :devil:
dawn_wan
Veteran
And1: 612

Post#313 » by dawn_wan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:21 am

good to see that the old school still has honor.
MLSE
Banned User

Post#314 » by MLSE » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:21 am

AllBall wrote:Yes.

Fck.

We get it already.

Their legacy is ruined. They wont be the GOAT. They obviously don't give a flying fck and neither do we.

Hold the NBA up at gunpoint, steal them rings!

Gimme the loot! Gimme the loot! I'm a bad man! :devil:

I can say this 1000 times.

Miami isn't the target, Riley isn't the target, Wade isn't the target, **** even everyone knows Bosh isn't a go to guy.

The problem is Lebron, not the Heat winning titles.
Miami's Finest
Starter

Post#315 » by Miami's Finest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:22 am

Harry Heinous wrote:
LALegend wrote:
Yes, he wants to win.

:lol: Who cares? Everyone hates that Lebron did what he did. Heat fans love it. Let's move on.

As a Heat fan, I don't really care about Lebron's legacy. I care about championships and the Miami Heat's collective legacy.

At least I can agree with him on that, the Lakers are no competition. LOL
LALegend
Bench Warmer

Post#316 » by LALegend » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:23 am

Harry Heinous wrote:
LALegend wrote:
Yes, he wants to win.

Thats not what I meant...simply that he is taking the easy way out by joining Wade and Bosh. You just don't get that competitive feeling with this decision.
34Dayz on Smush Parker
LALegend
Bench Warmer

Post#317 » by LALegend » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:25 am

Miami's Finest wrote:
Harry Heinous wrote:
LALegend wrote:
Yes, he wants to win.

At least I can agree with him on that, the Lakers are no competition. LOL

Nice! Side-stepping my point by making a joke. You must have nothing else to say.
34Dayz on Smush Parker
AllBall
Banned User

Post#318 » by AllBall » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:27 am

No competition, the NBA is going to lie down and waive a white flag, right? Please. :roll:

If anything the NBA is more competitive now than before. Did any of them ever face a team like the current Lakers?

Everyone is arguing that we're not gonna do it in the first year. That we have to get through Boston, Orlando, Chicago, LA, etc etc. That its not going to be easy.

So which one is it?
MLSE
Banned User

Post#319 » by MLSE » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:27 am

LALegend wrote:
Nice! Side-stepping my point by making a joke. You must have nothing else to say.

He really doesn't, he will just twist it whatever way makes Lebron look good.
MLSE
Banned User

Post#320 » by MLSE » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:28 am

AllBall wrote:No competition, the NBA is going to lie down and waive a white flag, right? Please. :roll:

If anything the NBA is more competitive now than before. Did any of them ever face a team like the current Lakers?

Everyone is arguing that we're not gonna do it in the first year. That we have to get through Boston, Orlando, Chicago, LA, etc etc. That its not going to be easy.

So which one is it?

You do know people don't argue as a collective whole right?

Return to The General Board