Nets

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

ahonui06
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: Nets 

Post#61 » by ahonui06 » Thu Aug 5, 2010 2:26 am

Terry Silver wrote:
iDunk wrote:Kurt Thomas > McGee

Insert NOT SURE IF SERIOUS text

Pau Gasol would definitely fit in the Grizzlies if he were to ever return to that organization. He has the perfect look for their nickname these days.
KennerLeaguer
Junior
And1: 32

Post#62 » by KennerLeaguer » Fri Aug 6, 2010 12:26 am

Tommy Sneakers wrote:
roxfashoballin wrote:
Jose_Matador wrote:Lets all be serious here, we need to get this out the way already...McGee is a rotation big in this league. I have no idea what merits he has that could grant him a spot on the USA team.

why not BROOK LOPEZ then lol ? or Roy Hibbert ? heck even Hasheem Thabeet would be an upgrade FFS !

brook lopez is being replaced by mcgee. but i do agree there's better bigs out there, i never thought i'd see mcgee in the select roster, over thompson, hibbert, robin lopez. o well not like we're getting gold w/o mcgee

I believe Hibbert plays for Jamaica. Robin already turned down the team. Thabeet is not American and would have been a terrible choice anyway. There really was not that many better options. They took a risk on a huge upside player. McGee is 7 ft tall and an athletic freak. Those two things allowed him to beast that scrimmage. Maybe it will work in the actual games.

Roy Hibbert would have loved to have tried out for Team USA. But Jerry and Co didn’t want him. Hibbert admitted he joined the Jamaican team (his father was born in that country) because he really wanted to play in the Olympics but realized that Team USA was not going to give him an invite for a tryout. Last summer Hibbert had one of the best showing I the summer league while McGee had one or two good games of dunking after stinking up his first two summer league games. But McGee got the invite. This past season Hibbert easily had the better year but once again he didn’t get any love from Team USA. Meanwhile Jerry fell in love with McGee’s dunkathons this past summer and invited McGee once more to the tryouts. This is despite the fact that Hibbert has basically outplayed McGee every time the two have faced off.

But this may have all been for the best for Hibbert. Now he can start the process of being mentored by Bill Walton this week rather than wasting time practicing under the tutelage of Coach K who NEVER had any true use for big men.
KennerLeaguer
Junior

Post#63 » by KennerLeaguer » Fri Aug 6, 2010 12:33 am

flash22 wrote:Well lets see....
first you say brook lepez should replace McGee...do i need comment on why this is a dumb comment

then you say Roy Hibbert should replace...I would say there equal as prospects with roy being a bit more polished now but McGees game better suited for usa's style so this is a push

A bit more polished? How about a lot more polished. Hibbert easily has the better post moves, the superior passing skills and a far more comfortable grasp of what to do in an halfcourt offense.
McGee's advantage is his ridiculus athleticism.
KennerLeaguer
Junior

Post#64 » by KennerLeaguer » Fri Aug 6, 2010 12:42 am

YaoisGodsAnswer wrote:I so hope we don't medal in this WC. THis will teach the guys that bowed out a lesson.

Was Jason Kidd taught a lesson when he and nine other cowards broke their promise to follow up their stint on the 2003 team with their appearances on the 2004 Olympic squad? Because only Tim Duncan and Allen Iverson honored their commitment to Coach Larry Brown and Team USA. And yet despite this Jerry C. was quick to offer Kidd a spot on Coach K's USA teams.
StarsandStripes
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#65 » by StarsandStripes » Fri Aug 6, 2010 2:12 am

KennerLeaguer wrote:
YaoisGodsAnswer wrote:I so hope we don't medal in this WC. THis will teach the guys that bowed out a lesson.

Was Jason Kidd taught a lesson when he and nine other cowards broke their promise to follow up their stint on the 2003 team with their appearances on the 2004 Olympic squad? Because only Tim Duncan and Allen Iverson honored their commitment to Coach Larry Brown and Team USA. And yet despite this Jerry C. was quick to offer Kidd a spot on Coach K's USA teams.

It probably has to do with Iverson's image but Duncan could be good on this 2010 team
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#66 » by richboy » Fri Aug 6, 2010 3:40 am

Something did look wrong with Lopez in Vegas. If he isn't 100% then its a good thing. Injuries have really hit USA at the center spot. A year ago it look like Bynum and Greg Oden would be the starting centers.

The guy that should have played is Shaq. An opportunity for him to get in shape. Plus be a mentor for a young team.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#67 » by Mirjalovic » Fri Aug 6, 2010 3:55 am

SMH at stats geek :( . Watching the game. He is a fine C.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Return to The General Board