Presidential Game - Obama balling at White house

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

cbjrdm
Junior
And1: 98

Presidential Game - Obama balling at White house 

Post#1 » by cbjrdm » Mon Aug 9, 2010 8:54 pm

President Obama has had a basketball court built in white house and invited nba stars to join him for a game this past weekend.

Players that attended included:
Grant Hill, Shane Battier, Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Derek Fisher, LeBron James, Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Maya Moore, Alonzo Mourning, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Bill Russell, Etan Thomas, Dwyane Wade and David West. The game was closed to the media. Kobe Bryant attended but did not play (due to surgery)

Shouldnt Obama be running the frickin country? wats wrong witht that man

Link: http://www.thestar.com/news/world/obama ... ops-greats
[quote:5b2d496ae9="d12_orl"]wow, im impressed...i think by the time its all said and done, he will be in the top 5 category if not top 3[/quote] on dwight (in the greatest center category)
AllBall
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Presidential Game - Obama balling at White house 

Post#2 » by AllBall » Mon Aug 9, 2010 8:55 pm

F'n coolest president ever!
pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Post#3 » by pass first » Mon Aug 9, 2010 8:57 pm

So how is Noah not listed but in the pic?
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#4 » by BarneyGumble » Mon Aug 9, 2010 8:58 pm

Obama is a joke. I bet Colangelo could run the country better than Barry Soetoro.
cbjrdm
Junior

Post#5 » by cbjrdm » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:00 pm

pass first wrote:So how is Noah not listed but in the pic?
i guess cheerleaders or audience members wernt listed
[quote:5b2d496ae9="d12_orl"]wow, im impressed...i think by the time its all said and done, he will be in the top 5 category if not top 3[/quote] on dwight (in the greatest center category)
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#6 » by Vertical Limit » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:02 pm

Yeah the president has seriously become more of a celebrity than he should be, but he's smart. I'm sure this is part of the big plan to get a second term.

Jeb Bush is going to be a real challenge for him though. Unlike his brother, this guy is very, very smart.
bsblmike2
Ballboy

Post#7 » by bsblmike2 » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:02 pm

That is awesome obama is an awesome president. the game shudda been on tv though!!
Great miami heat fan site GO HEAT http://www.squidoo.com/miami-heat-2010
devv83
Sixth Man
And1: 108

Post#8 » by devv83 » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:04 pm

Actually the game was for wounded troops, the president just participated in the events with the players

They didnt even play at the white house. Smh @ you acting like obama built a court specifically for NBA players to come play. What is this FOX news
ThreeYearPlan
Banned User

Post#9 » by ThreeYearPlan » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:07 pm

What the hell is Etan Thomas doing there?
USA
Banned User
And1: 455

Post#10 » by USA » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:09 pm

I hate Barry but he gets a pass, this was for the wounded veterans. He did play an awful lot of golf while claiming he was 'on top' of the oil spill. Double digit number of rounds in 3 months.
Cthulhu
Banned User

Post#11 » by Cthulhu » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:09 pm

Obama's approval rating is probably in line with his fg%.
cbjrdm
Junior

Post#12 » by cbjrdm » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:10 pm

devv83 wrote:They didnt even play at the white house. Smh @ you acting like obama built a court specifically for NBA players to come play. What is this FOX news

"Basketball is undergoing something of a renaissance at the White House under Obama, who had a new court built on what had been the presidential tennis courts. Obama plays with staff members and friends, including aide Reggie Love, who was on the NCAA-champion Duke team in 2001."

wat r u (Please Use More Appropriate Word)?
Mateen Cleaves
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#13 » by Mateen Cleaves » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:10 pm

more pics? video?
pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Post#14 » by pass first » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:14 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:Yeah the president has seriously become more of a celebrity than he should be, but he's smart. I'm sure this is part of the big plan to get a second term.

Jeb Bush is going to be a real challenge for him though. Unlike his brother, this guy is very, very smart.

lmao the celebrity stuff again?
Kyrama
RealGM
And1: 649

Post#15 » by Kyrama » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:16 pm

I know this was for wounded troops, but to those of you who say he's spending too much time on vacation stuff I recommend you look at how often Clinton and Bush played golf and went to parties.
devv83
Sixth Man
And1: 108

Post#16 » by devv83 » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:17 pm

cbjrdm wrote:
devv83 wrote:They didnt even play at the white house. Smh @ you acting like obama built a court specifically for NBA players to come play. What is this FOX news

"Basketball is undergoing something of a renaissance at the White House under Obama, who had a new court built on what had been the presidential tennis courts. Obama plays with staff members and friends, including aide Reggie Love, who was on the NCAA-champion Duke team in 2001."

wat r u (Please Use More Appropriate Word)?

Stop it? You clearly left out the point about the basketball game being for wounded vets, you also said the game was played at the white house. You added your own little twist in the story.

President Obama has had a basketball court built in white house and invited nba stars to join him for a game this past weekend

Why did you feel the need to say Obama had a basketball court in white house and invited NBA stars to join him to play. When that's not true and they didnt play in the White House they played in Ft Mcnair.
AllBall
Banned User

Post#17 » by AllBall » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:22 pm

pass first wrote:
Vertical Limit wrote:Yeah the president has seriously become more of a celebrity than he should be, but he's smart. I'm sure this is part of the big plan to get a second term.

lmao the celebrity stuff again?

Seriously, if you didn't notice whoever the president of the US is becomes an instant celebrity.

Jeb Bush? LMAO are you kidding me? Take it from someone who lived under his time as governor, you don't want that. The political record of that entire family is atrocious. You can thank Jeb for having a hand in the election fraud of 2000 that got his moron brother in office in the first place. No more Bush-es, thanks. This country has suffered enough.

For the record, I'm Independent. Both sides are full of BS.
cbjrdm
Junior

Post#18 » by cbjrdm » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:24 pm

my apologizies, he didnt play "at" the white house he played in a military base close to the white house.

and the game was for "wounded vets" and Obama participated in the game.

"The presidential motorcade of black SUVs returned to the White House after about two hours for an evening barbecue on the South Lawn. Reporters could see grills being set up on the grass."

they had a bbq at the white house didnt play "at" the white house.

"I messed up the locaiton of the game. Sorry everyone.

My apologizes to everyone who didnt quite get my point.
basketba11
Banned User

Post#19 » by basketba11 » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:26 pm

Obama was the lesser of two evils.

The US needs to stop voting based on geography and start voting based on policy.
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#20 » by Gus McCrae » Mon Aug 9, 2010 9:32 pm

Story of Obama, hanging out with celebs instead of doing his job. What a joke of a president. Can't believe I voted for him.

Return to The General Board