Brandon Marshall Wants To Play for Heat or Nuggets

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

kabstah
Sixth Man
And1: 1,007

Re: Brandon Marshall Wants To Play for Heat or Nuggets 

Post#41 » by kabstah » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:29 pm

Harry Heinous wrote:It's a proven fact that some basketball players can make a successful transition to the NFL. I don't know of one example going the other way.

Charlie Ward won the Heisman in college, and became a solid starter-level PG in the NBA. Does that count as a football player making the transition to bball?
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,658

Post#42 » by hype_2004 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:38 pm

knicks33and49 wrote:I could see a lot of nba players playing Wide Receiver in the nfl if they dedicated themselves to the weight room and had good hands. Imagine a guy like Kobe with his work ethic, I could see him being a much better version of Randy Moss which is scary.

You really are underrating the speed and power of elite NFL athletes, To make it into the NFL you either have to be extremely powerful or extremely fast. Randy Moss was not a powerful receiver but he was extremely fast, ran 21 sec flat 200 meters with minimal training @ Marshall University, you think Kobe has the talent to run sub 21 seconds 200 meters with no training? not a chance. Randy Moss ahd the greatest combination of size, skil and pure unadulterated speed the NFL has ever seen, Kobe is a good athlete with exceptionally rare basketball talent but he does not have the raw speed to blow by DB in the NFL.
Conclusion
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#43 » by Conclusion » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:06 pm

Nate Robinson would be a good wide receiver.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#44 » by High 5 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:There are 0 players in the NFL that could make an NBA roster. The reverse isn't true, as there are a few NBA players that would be great NFL players. LeBron as a WR, Gerald Wallace as a TE, Glen Davis at DT/NT or OT ect.

LeBron may be the only player in the NBA who would have a chance to be "great." I doubt he'd have the mentality for it, though. Possibly Wade, but he'd likely end up on IR early in the season. No way does Glen Davis make it anywhere near a NFL training camp.
pgSLIM
Junior
And1: 0

Post#45 » by pgSLIM » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:08 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:As urban dictionary defines it:

To be a thug means you havent had it good your whole life, and you intend to change that, and get out of the ghetto if thats where you are, you do what you think is right, you dont take **** from anyone, and stand up for your friends and dont let them take **** from anyone.

You can all call me a thug, but thats cause i was in the gutter, and im still here. - Tupac Shakur

Tupac is mislead...everyone has it hard in some way. It is how you pull yourself up that really counts and the path you take in your journey in life.
Tupac may have made some great music if you call it that, and said alot of things that many can relate to, but some of it is just anger, hate and fear or cowardice.
A thug is someone who takes what they think they are entitled to from others without having the patience, courage, or resolve to earn it by hard work no excuses.
They delude themselves that just because they had it hard or were born into an adverse situation that they blame the system, the man, or anyone in authority of.
The same world that has one man born in the ghetto has him then has him making millions of dollars for cussing (rappin) on a album and playing a kids game for a living while the rest of us work for a lving on a real job.
Then they still are not happy. Those you call thugs should never complain about anything as many people as they shoot or kill, sell drugs to, and father kids by without taking care of them. Please don't get me started...because I will 'keep it real...real."

Wow, so all the Denver "Thuggets" are murderers, drug peddlers, and deadbeat dads?

Wow, what a great worldview! Keep keeping it real!
----
"Sympathy for the Devil" was written by singer Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards, though the song was largely a Jagger composition.[1] The working title of the song was "The Devil Is My Name", and it is sung by Jagger as a first-person narrative from the point of view of Lucifer.[2]

Jagger had vowed to dicontinue the use of Hells Angel members as bouncers following the death in December 1969 of an 18-year-old fan at a notorious free performance at Altamont Speedway in Northern California.
In return, the BBC claimed that gang members hatched a plan to kill Jagger at his holiday home in Long Island, New York.
"I was talking to A.I. & saying that after this, I won't be making any more All-Star weekend unless I'm playing on Sunday. I'm definitely looking forward to that day, and hopefully, it will be soon." -- Andre Iguodala

Return to The General Board