I was at the Miami game, Not excited fans

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Re: I was at the Miami game, Not excited fans 

Post#41 » by Paeds » Wed Oct 6, 2010 8:23 am

lol@ Using the excuse that fans left 3 mins into the game when Wade got hurt

What Lebron isnt enuff?
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#42 » by keloms » Wed Oct 6, 2010 8:24 am

Original poster aside, Chris Broussard had similar comments on twitter

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/26502177258

Unbelievably, there is no electricity in the arena. I'm sorry, but Heat fans are well, sorry. lower bowl is 2/3 full.
bruddahmanmatt
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#43 » by bruddahmanmatt » Wed Oct 6, 2010 8:33 am

While I do agree that the OP is doing a lot to give Laker fans a bad name, he does have a point. I know it was a preseason game (one against the Pistons at that) but with all the hype this team has been getting, I fully expected a sell out crowd despite Miami's awful reputation when it comes to fan support simply because it was the first time these three were on the floor together. I can't really say it's worth starting a "whine, moan, complain" thread over, but it was interesting to see seats emptying the way they did throughout the course of the game, especially when LBJ was going all out like it was Game 7 of the ECF. You'd think fans would at least be interested in sticking around for the highlight reel plays, apparently not.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#44 » by Chosen01 » Wed Oct 6, 2010 9:00 am

Lol, if anyone has the game recorded, you'd hear that Marv Albert says Tonight is a sold out day, and that the whole season is pretty much sold out.

A troll will troll i suppose.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,840

Post#45 » by JF5 » Wed Oct 6, 2010 9:03 am

bruddahmanmatt wrote:While I do agree that the OP is doing a lot to give Laker fans a bad name, he does have a point. I know it was a preseason game (one against the Pistons at that) but with all the hype this team has been getting, I fully expected a sell out crowd despite Miami's awful reputation when it comes to fan support simply because it was the first time these three were on the floor together. I can't really say it's worth starting a "whine, moan, complain" thread over, but it was interesting to see seats emptying the way they did throughout the course of the game, especially when LBJ was going all out like it was Game 7 of the ECF. You'd think fans would at least be interested in sticking around for the highlight reel plays, apparently not.

That's the point it WAS a preseason game. your star players are going to play half the game in a meaningless game.

And usually the arena will be barely half full....

I think people put to much emphasis on the "First Big 3 game" because it is pre-season that doesn't mean anything.
Egg Nog
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,373

Post#46 » by Egg Nog » Wed Oct 6, 2010 9:15 am

Sounds like a lot of apologists in this thread. I don't hate the Heat at all, I'll probably even cheer for them until they get their first championship. But...seriously guys? It sure didn't seem like there was a lot of electricity in that building. Some, but not much. Preseason or not, this was the first game together after one of the most significant single-team offseasons in basketball history. Anything less than packed the entire time should have seemed surprising, so that's why people were surprised. You know you're kidding yourself if you though that this was in any way a typical preseason game, so it's not reasonable to expect a typical preseason turnout.

Mentioning that "people left after Wade's injury" isn't really a very good argument if you're trying to defend the atmosphere or the dedication of the fans.

I agree that some of you that we should withhold most judgement until we see a regular season game, but I never would've expected a turnout like I saw this game. That's all for now.
Teddy Bruckshut
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#47 » by Teddy Bruckshut » Wed Oct 6, 2010 9:26 am

HailtoLaker wrote:This is the main reason i have no respect for Lebron. He took his legacy to a place that could care less if their is a parade in June.

I hate nothing more than when people talk about something that they're clueless about.

Did you even care to look up any footage of the 2006 Championship parade? It was packed. And that was only the half of it.... the other half were over partying on South Beach. I do admit that the fan base down here is fair weather for the most part aside from the Dolphins (not me, I am loyal to all my teams), but when things are going good.... they're there.

It's the preseason dude. PRESEASON. Preseason on an EARLY TUESDAY EVENING.
Teddy Bruckshut
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#48 » by Teddy Bruckshut » Wed Oct 6, 2010 9:36 am

HailtoLaker wrote:
ginobiliflops wrote:Image

Yes i am , check the highlights. You will see empty seats even where Lebron does his powder dust.

The games will be half empty if the team does not live up to the hype.In Miami, they do not even go to Hurricane football games when they are good. They would rather party it up in clubs on south beach or coconut grove.

Half empty? It wasn't even half empty last season when the ceiling was round two of the playoffs. Also, you'll see empty seats in every arena before tip off, especially YOUR arena so you should be used to it.

And as far as the Hurricanes are concerned.... you do realize how many universities are down here right? The U is a private college first of all.

Stop speaking on what you don't know.
BennyGfromFL
Pro Prospect
And1: 50

Post#49 » by BennyGfromFL » Wed Oct 6, 2010 9:53 am

Ha, no DMV in Miami?

This is obviously the same troll from a couple months ago who was talking about how poor of a sports town Miami is, his argument being that "he goes to school in Miami and Miami doesn't even have a sports radio station". To which several posters quickly named 3 or 4.
Flashpoint
Bench Warmer
And1: 168

Post#50 » by Flashpoint » Wed Oct 6, 2010 9:58 am

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-hyde-heat-pistons-100510,0,5625939.column
On the street corner, where scalpers hawked tickets at discounts in recent seasons, a street entrepreneur named Big Red held up a $75 lower-deck ticket for this meaningless game.

"Going for $150,'' he said.

The media room was full. The game was live on NBA TV. The balcony curtains hiding unsellable seats in past years were gone, the cheapest seats full of people.

What the **** are you all rambling about?

Return to The General Board