Is Andrew Bogut a Bust?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Is Andrew Bogut a Bust? 

Post#241 » by TheNewEra » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:40 pm

mattg wrote:also, you make it seem like bogut has to prove it in the playoffs then go and say you'd still take proven playoff performer Danny Granger over him....oh wait..

To be given Elite top 2 or 3 title I at least need some playoff games to show me something. Taking Granger had nothing to do with playoff experience.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#242 » by blkout » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:47 pm

How was he a "lock in" bust? Kwame Brown is a bust, Darko Milicic is a bust. Bogut was averaging close to a double double for three seasons before this break-out one.

Bogut was ghost in this league before last and some of the media exposure he got was because of the charisma of Brandon Jennings.

Yeah, and being one of only two people in the entire league to average 15/10 and 2+ blocks.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#243 » by TheNewEra » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:11 pm

BLKOUT wrote:How was he a "lock in" bust? Kwame Brown is a bust, Darko Milicic is a bust. Bogut was averaging close to a double double for three seasons before this break-out one.

Bogut was ghost in this league before last and some of the media exposure he got was because of the charisma of Brandon Jennings.

Yeah, and being one of only two people in the entire league to average 15/10 and 2+ blocks.

The point of the argument is to the replies is you can't be top anything based off one seasonof impace where your team actually did something. Bogut has a lot of work to do because as a put before he was Number one pick with two probable two future hall of famers behind him the expectation is for him to be better than them. Whether its fair or not that is how it goes he still has time still young but he at least has to catch up to D-Will and CP3 in the impact department.
bogut6
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: Being either slightly below or slightly above average.

Post#244 » by bogut6 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:19 am

TheNewEra wrote:...lot of work to do because as a put before he was Number one pick with two probable two future hall of famers behind him the expectation is for him to be better than them...

This sums your posts up perfectly.
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#245 » by Lionel Messi » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:10 am

17 pages?

Bogut is not a bust.
He is the 2nd best Center in the league, and the 3rd best player in his draft class.

Just keep repeating that.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#246 » by Bernman » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:27 pm

TheNewEra wrote:Wake the hell up people one damn season does not I repeat does not make you a top 2 center. How in the hell did Bogut become top center when guys like Gasol, Ming, Kaman, Lopez and others are on the same level if not some better.

It's not only been one season that he's been better than centers like Kaman and Lopez.

Bogut 09-10 Roland Rating: +8.0
08-09: +4.3

Kaman 07-08 Roland Rating: +3.8
08-09: -3.1
09-10: +0.5

Lopez 09-10 Roland Rating: +1.0
08-09: +1.6

Gasol is not applicable. Bynum's LA's center when healthy.

Ming didn't play for a year and will have his minutes heavily monitored. He's N/A also until we see how much he moves around and contribute.

You're reaching significantly here.

If your the number one pick your expectations are to be the best player in your class it may not be up to the player but it's his job coming in the league to prove he is the best.

What are expectations based on if not history? Otherwise they are impractical and should be disregarded. The list of #1 picks was supplied earlier and easily over half didn't wind up as the best player in their class. Therefore if you're requiring a number one pick to be the best in his class not to be classified as a bust then it's unreasonable. You may have the best pick in the draft, but there are 59 afterward. When dealing with an inexact science I'll take my chances with the latter rather than the former.

TheNewEra wrote:To be given Elite top 2 or 3 title I at least need some playoff games to show me something. Taking Granger had nothing to do with playoff experience.

It's all relative. Someone has to be given the distinction. It can't be vacant. Which centers have been close to as good or better in the regular and made an impact in the playoffs also. Lopez and Kaman certainly have not. No more double standards.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison

Return to The General Board