Latest on Carmelo Anthony

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

dalekjazz
Sixth Man
And1: 2
Location: Karl Malone Quote: "Anybody not wearing a Utah Jazz jersey is the enemy."

Re: Latest on Carmelo Anthony 

Post#41 » by dalekjazz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:07 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
dalekjazz wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZPeP69tdoc

This looks like a douchebag act. Mocking a fan base and calling yourself a "future champion." Topping it off by losing to an undermanned Jazz team. As already mentioned punching somebody in the back and running away adds to it.

Making a fun video the suits wanted him to make, yeah, so douchebag. Not. And of course, you seem to forget Melo played great, but was lacking his coach, the starting PF was injured, and so was the backup center. It was laughable the Jazz didn't win by more. And last time I checked, punching someone whose looking in your direction isn't punching someone in the back.

Silly Jazz fan, be honest, you think Melo is a douchebag since he only has one wife. :roll:

The "suits" at ESPN supported Lebron's one hour "The Decision" show so according to your definition Lebron is not a douchebag either.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,947

Post#42 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:11 am

dalekjazz wrote:6-22 shooting , 0-4 on 3-pointers for 20 points doesn't look like a great elimination game. It looks more like unnecessary chucking by an overrated egomaniac

Riiiiiiight. First I said he played great for the series, 30.7 PPG on 46% shooting, 8.5 RPG, 3.3 APG. You also seem to be over looking he had 5 assists and 12 boards in the elimination game. He may not have shot well, but he was trying to win the game in other ways. So overrated egomaniac? That's rpetty f'ing dumb to think, but wouldn't expect any less from a biased Jazz fan.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,947

Post#43 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:14 am

dalekjazz wrote:The "suits" at ESPN supported Lebron's one hour "The Decision" show so according to your definition Lebron is not a douchebag either.

My god, are you trying to sound dumb? Supporting is much different than coming up with the idea. There is also a huge difference between a 30 second commercial and stringing along three franchises in to thinking you may sign with them when you have already made the decision.
dalekjazz
Sixth Man
Location: Karl Malone Quote: "Anybody not wearing a Utah Jazz jersey is the enemy."

Post#44 » by dalekjazz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:17 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
dalekjazz wrote:6-22 shooting , 0-4 on 3-pointers for 20 points doesn't look like a great elimination game. It looks more like unnecessary chucking by an overrated egomaniac

Riiiiiiight. First I said he played great for the series, 30.7 PPG on 46% shooting, 8.5 RPG, 3.3 APG. You also seem to be over looking he had 5 assists and 12 boards in the elimination game. He may not have shot well, but he was trying to win the game in other ways. So overrated egomaniac? That's rpetty f'ing dumb to think, but wouldn't expect any less from a biased Jazz fan.

I don't know which team you are a fan of. If you are a Nuggets fan I find it strange you would defend him so much since he obviously intends to leave Denver as soon as possible. If you are a Knicks fan I don't understand why you would be dying for a player who has proven with his on the court and off the court behavior that he is not mentally tough enough to handle NY. Similar to T-Mac Melo's bark is greater than his bite. The Jazz were able to shut up T-Mac pretty fast. I hope Melo stays in Denver so we have the chance to shut him up every year.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#45 » by Blame Rasho » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:21 am

Melo is great player, and god knows that you would think differently if he was in a Jazz uni with Deron. He is an all NBA player whose talent isn't to be questioned.

If you want to hate him fine... it just reflects that fact that you don't appreciate what he does on the court.
dalekjazz
Sixth Man

Post#46 » by dalekjazz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:22 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
dalekjazz wrote:The "suits" at ESPN supported Lebron's one hour "The Decision" show so according to your definition Lebron is not a douchebag either.

My god, are you trying to sound dumb? Supporting is much different than coming up with the idea. There is also a huge difference between a 30 second commercial and stringing along three franchises in to thinking you may sign with them when you have already made the decision.

Lebron acted like a douchebag this year. Melo has been a douchebag since he entered the league and started bitching when Kirilenko made the all-star game over him.
Wigginstime
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#47 » by Wigginstime » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:36 am

dalekjazz wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:

I don't know which team you are a fan of. If you are a Nuggets fan I find it strange you would defend him so much since he obviously intends to leave Denver as soon as possible. If you are a Knicks fan I don't understand why you would be dying for a player who has proven with his on the court and off the court behavior that he is not mentally tough enough to handle NY. Similar to T-Mac Melo's bark is greater than his bite. The Jazz were able to shut up T-Mac pretty fast. I hope Melo stays in Denver so we have the chance to shut him up every year.

If I remember this Lakers game correctly -

In the 2009 Utah Jazz Playoff elimination game Deron Williams went 4-12 shooting, 1-4 on 3-pointers, 14 points, 6 assists with 4 turnovers and basically turned into a ghost the entire 2nd half of their playoff elimination game. So if your same twisted logic that applies to Melo also applies to Deron Williams, then i'm surprised you haven't petitioned to get rid of him. We all know he is fleeing from Utah first chance he gets. Although you probably don't care because based on your logic he is a cancer who isn't mentally tough.

Utah logic is fun...
J Smitty
Banned User

Post#48 » by J Smitty » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:48 am

dalekjazz wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:

Lebron acted like a douchebag this year. Melo has been a douchebag since he entered the league and started bitching when Kirilenko made the all-star game over him.

Please tell me you're not honestly comparing douchebag levels of these two. Lebron is in a class of his own in that regard.

And there are a lot of words you can use to describe Melo(and Jazz fans definitely do)....but I don't think "douche" is one of those words. Unless our definitions of the word are very different.
Clangus
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#49 » by Clangus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:53 am

ahonui06 wrote:Carmelo is a cancer and has a history of character flaws.

You are the king of BS one liners. Well done King
dalekjazz
Sixth Man

Post#50 » by dalekjazz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:37 pm

If I remember this Lakers game correctly -

In the 2009 Utah Jazz Playoff elimination game Deron Williams went 4-12 shooting, 1-4 on 3-pointers, 14 points, 6 assists with 4 turnovers and basically turned into a ghost the entire 2nd half of their playoff elimination game. So if your same twisted logic that applies to Melo also applies to Deron Williams, then i'm surprised you haven't petitioned to get rid of him. We all know he is fleeing from Utah first chance he gets. Although you probably don't care because based on your logic he is a cancer who isn't mentally tough.

Utah logic is fun...
[/quote]

Wishful thinking from a Laker fan. Don't worry. I've read your board and know how much the Laker fans are dying to get Deron. If you read Deron's latest statements he's happy with the moves the Jazz made in the offseason (obtaining Jefferson, Bell, Watson, etc). Deron was always concerned about having a capable Center. So far it looks like Fesenko is developing nicely.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#51 » by BarneyGumble » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Blame Rasho wrote:Melo is great player, and god knows that you would think differently if he was in a Jazz uni with Deron. He is an all NBA player whose talent isn't to be questioned.

If you want to hate him fine... it just reflects that fact that you don't appreciate what he does on the court.

I take issue with this. Is Melo a good player? Sure. Would I want him on my team? Hell no. He doesn't play a team game. He cannot get over his ego. He's had too many run ins with incidents that cost him time on the floor (a 15 game suspension for a slap and run that reminded me of Full House comes to mind) etc. He is not a leader. He is borderline uncoachable. He is someone I would never in a hundred years pay a max contract to because he is a team killer. He will never be a winner as the #1 option, we have his entire career of first round exits to show for that. Basically he is one step below prime TMac, which says he has talent but cant win.
devv83
Sixth Man
And1: 108

Post#52 » by devv83 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:10 pm

DWill_daShizzle wrote:
Blame Rasho wrote:Melo is great player, and god knows that you would think differently if he was in a Jazz uni with Deron. He is an all NBA player whose talent isn't to be questioned.

I take issue with this. Is Melo a good player? Sure. Would I want him on my team? Hell no. He doesn't play a team game. He cannot get over his ego. He's had too many run ins with incidents that cost him time on the floor (a 15 game suspension for a slap and run that reminded me of Full House comes to mind) etc. He is not a leader. He is borderline uncoachable. He is someone I would never in a hundred years pay a max contract to because he is a team killer. He will never be a winner as the #1 option, we have his entire career of first round exits to show for that. Basically he is one step below prime TMac, which says he has talent but cant win.

Man you jazz fans are making your self look horrible up here.

How is he borderline uncoachable. Coach K, Jim Bohiem, Mike D antoni, Nate Mcmillan, George Karl beg to differ. You and Dale K Jazz should be banned. Stop pulling this crap out your ass. Stop it seriously its disgusting. You mad about his off the court incidents that's fine. You dont want him on your team fine, you dont wanna pay him a max contract fine. But dont bold face lie and say he is uncoachable.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#53 » by BarneyGumble » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:32 pm

devv83 wrote:Man you jazz fans are making your self look horrible up here.

How is he borderline uncoachable. Coach K, Jim Bohiem, Mike D antoni, Nate Mcmillan, George Karl beg to differ. You and Dale K Jazz should be banned. Stop pulling this crap out your ass. Stop it seriously its disgusting. You mad about his off the court incidents that's fine. You dont want him on your team fine, you dont wanna pay him a max contract fine. But dont bold face lie and say he is uncoachable.

No need to get butt sore over this. I've got better things to do than lie about people I dont care about...but if it is your opinion that he is a coach's darling....then that's fine. We disagree.

Return to The General Board