Knicks Violate Draft Rules - Illegal Workouts

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Re: Knicks Violate Draft Rules - Illegal Workouts 

Post#21 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:30 pm

AkiliNYK wrote:
DWill_daShizzle wrote:The Knicks are a joke. Its so funny they thought Lebron would actually go there. Just because the organization is in New York doesn't mean it is a competent organization. They have basically been the Clippers of the East.

You sir are wrong the Clippers will never make it into the post season as much as the Knicks have don't let [ b]a few bad years[/b] cloud your mind we haven't allways been bad.

few <> 10
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,134

Post#22 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:32 pm

its kind of serious an allegation

if found to be true, I could see the Knicks forfeiting a future draft pick or two. Seems to be the way the NBA punishes for CBA violations
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#23 » by The Rebel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:47 pm

SoCAL24 wrote:Don't players get invited to workouts by teams? What is the difference I'm just trying to better understand the infraction

They are allowed to have 2 works outs and they have to have 3 days seperating the workouts with a team prior to the draft, the Knicks are alleged to have had camp where college players spent several days/ weeks working out for the Knicks scouts.

George Karl a few years ago went to watch his son work out with a bunch of college kids prior to the draft, the Nuggets were fined pretty heavily and George Karl was not in charge and did not even help with the workouts.
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#24 » by Gus McCrae » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:54 pm

The Rebel wrote:
SoCAL24 wrote:Don't players get invited to workouts by teams? What is the difference I'm just trying to better understand the infraction

They are allowed to have 2 works outs and they have to have 3 days seperating the workouts with a team prior to the draft, the Knicks are alleged to have had camp where college players spent several days/ weeks working out for the Knicks scouts.

George Karl a few years ago went to watch his son work out with a bunch of college kids prior to the draft, the Nuggets were fined pretty heavily and George Karl was not in charge and did not even help with the workouts.

Oh, got it. Thanks Rebel
Striders
Lead Assistant
And1: 252

Post#25 » by Striders » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:its kind of serious an allegation

if found to be true, I could see the Knicks forfeiting a future draft pick or two. Seems to be the way the NBA punishes for CBA violations

If you look at Woj's article, there's a chart for violations relating to this. None of them involve the forfeiting of picks.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom. ~George Smith Patton
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#26 » by darth_federer » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Knicks fans already hate Woj. They call him Wojina. Im sure this will endear him to them even more

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
Striders
Lead Assistant
And1: 252

Post#27 » by Striders » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:10 pm

darth_federer wrote:Knicks fans already hate Woj. They call him Wojina. Im sure this will endear him to them even more

I dunno. Some people on the Knicks board have mentioned that Woj has outright stated that he hates the Knicks.

I started disliking him when he wrote that article on Jordan's HOF speech. Plus his rants about Lebron being the devil are downright stupid.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom. ~George Smith Patton
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#28 » by MitchellUK » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:11 pm

The Rebel wrote:

Not only that, but the Knicks' workouts took place prior to the pre-draft camp in Orlando, which is also against league rules.
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#29 » by darth_federer » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:13 pm

I think he pissed most people off when he wrote that Walsh made the pitch to Lebron during free agency in a wheelchair. He suggested that it made Walsh looked weak and Lebron came away unimpressed. He had to edit the article because he started getting hate mail.

I agree that the Lebron hate is irrational.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Post#30 » by pass first » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:15 pm

I found the part about Wilson Chandler fairly incriminating. Working out for several weeks, his agent befriended with Heard, and subsequently Chandler refusing to work out for other teams.
Meeks
Bench Warmer
And1: 58

Post#31 » by Meeks » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:17 pm

AkiliNYK wrote:
cochiseuofm wrote:
AkiliNYK wrote:Its funny the news can say 10 good things about the knicks and no topic on General. Anything bad and people are scrambling to post something bad about the Knicks. People love to hate us man, get lives people make some more threads about Lebron.

Name ten good things about the Knicks from this past summer that are equal to or greater than this scandal.

It is pretty funny how arrogant the above statement is, as if people care any more about the irrelevant New York Knicks any more than the other teams in the league. If this were the Oklahoma City Thunder, people would have the same exact reaction, except in their case it would at least make sense because their front office has consistently made competant draft choices.

You Really think we were the only team doing that? Come on man don't tell me your that gullable?
And if people don't care about the Knicks why did a Non-Knicks Fan post something about the Knicks and mostly Non-Knick fans are posting in the thread on it?

Maybe because its NBA related.
Props to TZ
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#32 » by MitchellUK » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:18 pm

Striders wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:its kind of serious an allegation

If you look at Woj's article, there's a chart for violations relating to this. None of them involve the forfeiting of picks.

True, but the article also points out that none of those violations took place over multiple seasons, or included an injury to a future NBA player (although not sure how that second point is particularly valid, since injuries happen everywhere). I can see the Knicks getting much harsher penalties than the examples shown; watching your son workout with his college team-mates is not on the same level as holding multiple illegal workouts over the course of four years. Still not sure if they will forfeit future picks, but I'd expect a much bigger fine than $200,000, and I'd be willing to bet that the scout, Heard, will be completely hung out to dry as the scapegoat.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#33 » by blueNorange » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:20 pm

darth_federer wrote:I think he pissed most people off when he wrote that Walsh made the pitch to Lebron during free agency in a wheelchair. He suggested that it made Walsh looked weak and Lebron came away unimpressed. He had to edit the article because he started getting hate mail.

I agree that the Lebron hate is irrational.

no it all started last year in an article so dumb and filled with hatred for the knicks that a poster emailed him and woj got so mad that he sent him his phone number and the two actually had a convo on the article.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#34 » by JWizmentality » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:28 pm

......so why did they still suck arse at drafting?!?
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Post#35 » by waya » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:31 pm

anorexorcism wrote:Man, just when I was starting to feel bad for them...

Nah, nvm. Buahahaahahaha. Can't have any sympathy for a club that basically ruined a lottery pick's career (and still picked Jordan Hill!?!?!)

I hope they lose picks through 2015 and teams are prohibited from trading picks to them. At that point, real attractive destination for 'Melo.

Don't get your hopes up.
Die93
Starter
And1: 5

Post#36 » by Die93 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:34 pm

I never understood why people have this hidden resentment for the knicks. Like I understand why people hat ethe Yankees or lakers or celtics cause they win and successful but the knicks have been awful for 10 years.
Pulp Fiction was the best movie of the 1990's.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#37 » by blueNorange » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:36 pm

Die93 wrote:I never understood why people have this hidden resentment for the knicks. Like I understand why people hat ethe Yankees or lakers or celtics cause they win and successful but the knicks have been awful for 10 years.

because despite sucking for the past decade, knicks still outdrew their team
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Post#38 » by pass first » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:40 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Die93 wrote:I never understood why people have this hidden resentment for the knicks. Like I understand why people hat ethe Yankees or lakers or celtics cause they win and successful but the knicks have been awful for 10 years.

because despite sucking for the past decade, knicks still outdrew their team

Don't flatter your big ego, this isn't about hating the Knicks. This is threadworthy regardless of which team it is. Don't act victimized, it's pathetic and derailing.
YounG_A
Starter
And1: 161

Post#39 » by YounG_A » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:40 pm

Pat Riley is laughing at the Knicks :cool:
Chrome
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#40 » by Chrome » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:42 pm

Good ole' Knicks.