Player Technical Revolt

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Player Technical Revolt 

Post#1 » by cdubbz » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:52 pm

The no tolerance technicals haven't been as bad in the regular season as in the pre-season, but I still feel it's not fair to restrict player emotions after a dunk or a foul called. I am all for stopping the whining, but there has to be some room for good emotion.

So what if the players in a particular game or even all players on a particular day decided to rebel and just TRY to get technicals by showing emotion, yelling, pounding their chests after nice plays and the end result having a majority of players ejected from the game due to technical fouls. I think it would clearly send a message to Stern and the NBA when 5-6 players are ejected and hopefully they are superstar players from the game for having a little fun after a play or whatever it is.

How would the league react to having several games with several stars being ejected for minor acts like these? I would love to see it and challenge this technical rule.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Bradford
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Player Technical Revolt 

Post#2 » by Bradford » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:03 pm

That would be funny to see lol. interesting idea.

Also, I've noticed the technical foul calling has been extremely INCONSISTENT, which in my opinion is the biggest problem. For example, the other night Raja Bell got a T for just talking to an official, not even saying anything offensive, meanwhile Chris Paul late in the game was yelling at an official and creating attention to himself, yet got nothing.
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#3 » by Ming Kong! » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:04 pm

It's gotten better, last time they tried to implement something similar they loosened up fast. The refs are also letting players play a little more aggressively which is nice for a change, though there still are the Durants who get to the line at will no matter what.
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#4 » by Ming Kong! » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Bradford wrote:That would be funny to see lol. interesting idea.

Also, I've noticed the technical foul calling has been extremely INCONSISTENT, which in my opinion is the biggest problem. For example, the other night Raja Bell got a T for just talking to an official, not even saying anything offensive, meanwhile Chris Paul late in the game was yelling at an official and creating attention to himself, yet got nothing.

Well our stars get away with aggressive displays as well, take off the homer glasses. Maybe the refs know the stars a little more too, so they know when they are simply trying to get an edge, and when they are downright being insulting.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#5 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:12 pm

They're not getting techs based on making good plays, they're getting them for complaining or showing disdain towards calls in an aggressive manner. Truth be told I got tired of seeing all the arm flinging towards refs, these players need to learn how to approach the refs and talk man to man.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Bradford
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Bradford » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Ming Kong! wrote:

Well our stars get away with aggressive displays as well, take off the homer glasses. Maybe the refs know the stars a little more too, so they know when they are simply trying to get an edge, and when they are downright being insulting.
Did I say they didn't? I was using a most recent example I could think of. And stars should not get away with any more than other players when it comes to the technical rules. A rule is a rule.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#7 » by Cammo101 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:25 pm

Ming Kong! wrote:

Dwight Howard doesn't get away with any agressive displays, and he's about as big a star as you get. Hence, inconsistent.
Hemingway
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#8 » by Hemingway » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:33 pm

let me give you an analogy from the world of teaching. When you have a new class you need to start out stricter then you would like to be. The reason is that you will grow more lenient over time. It doesn't work the other way around. You can;t start out buddy buddy and then get strct. Its the same in the NBA. Every year they talk about something preseason and then by a month in its 95% back to normal.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#9 » by cdubbz » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:34 pm

Hemingway wrote:let me give you an analogy from the world of teaching. When you have a new class you need to start out stricter then you would like to be. The reason is that you will grow more lenient over time. It doesn't work the other way around. You can;t start out buddy buddy and then get strct. Its the same in the NBA. Every year they talk about something preseason and then by a month in its 95% back to normal.

great analogy. But I still would like the league to get the message of it. I know the refs are relaxing off calling the minor things, but as someone said above -- they are still very inconsistent. I would hate to see them relax on the rules all year long and then towards the playoffs or even in the playoffs they go back to zero tolerance. Makes no sense.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
BJ43
Banned User
And1: 33

Post#10 » by BJ43 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:07 am

Hemingway wrote:let me give you an analogy from the world of teaching. When you have a new class you need to start out stricter then you would like to be. The reason is that you will grow more lenient over time. It doesn't work the other way around. You can;t start out buddy buddy and then get strct. Its the same in the NBA. Every year they talk about something preseason and then by a month in its 95% back to normal.

I would just hope in the world of teaching they know the difference between then and than :wink:

Return to The General Board