Utah Jazz "homecourt advantage"

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

akola
Banned User
And1: 0

Utah Jazz "homecourt advantage" 

Post#1 » by akola » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:42 pm

If anybody saw the last few seconds of last nights game you should know that it wasn't the first time it happend:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0YoXt-mnug[/youtube]

and before you say "The timer was messed up for both sides. That wasn't the issue..."

It killed the lakers momentum and it does looked real suspect especially the last time it happend when the lakers had the open floor spaced. Funny it didn't happend on the possesion afterwards for the jazz when the clock just happend to work perfectly.
Legendary 33
Banned User
And1: 3

Re: Utah Jazz "homecourt advantage" 

Post#2 » by Legendary 33 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:49 pm

The Jazz get the most homecooking out of any team in the NBA, and it isn't really close (or fair).
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#3 » by carrottop12 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:55 pm

LOL, love me some crybabies.
Tabasco
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#4 » by Tabasco » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:55 pm

The Jazz cheat. If it wasn't for the cheating Jazz the Lakers would have won last night.
carrottop12
RealGM

Post#5 » by carrottop12 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:57 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGSiEEpF3WM[/youtube]

Where was the home cooking there?
pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Post#6 » by pass first » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:19 pm

akola wrote:and before you say "The timer was messed up for both sides. That wasn't the issue..."

It killed the lakers momentum and it does looked real suspect especially the last time it happend when the lakers had the open floor spaced. Funny it didn't happend on the possesion afterwards for the jazz when the clock just happend to work perfectly.

The possessions afterwards there was less than 24 seconds to play you fool :lol:

And yes it did affect both sides, Deron Williams' hurried threepointer just happened to go in.

It was a stupid incident but not as stupid as this thread.
carrottop12
RealGM

Post#7 » by carrottop12 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:31 pm

pass first wrote:
akola wrote:and before you say "The timer was messed up for both sides. That wasn't the issue..."

The possessions afterwards there was less than 24 seconds to play you fool :lol:

And yes it did affect both sides, Deron Williams' hurried threepointer just happened to go in.

There was also a play in which the Jazz grabbed a rebound and were heading down the court and the Lakers were running to get back when the refs called a dead ball because of the clock, that resulted in the Jazz with a ball out, with three Lakers in the back court executing a full court press.

The completely slowed the Jazz momentum as well.
menofvalor
Banned User

Post#8 » by menofvalor » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Didn't this happen a couple years ago against the Cavs?
bruddahmanmatt
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#9 » by bruddahmanmatt » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:58 pm

My God some of you are (Please Use More Appropriate Word). The reason that the shot clock issue hindered LA more than it hindered Utah last night is because LA was down and trying to get a shot off before Utah set their defense. Utah got the ball back after an LA miss but they were looking to run the clock anyway. In other words, Utah would have let LA set their defense anyway since they were looking to run off more time.

That being said, the Lakers really have no one to blame but themselves for letting the Jazz get back into a game in which they were down 19 at one point. Phil Jackson could have called a TO but just as he always does during the regular season, he elected to let the players "figure it out", something which often has a positive impact down the road come playoff time.

I will say however that the refs electing to proceed with last nights game as if nothing was wrong when things were so close was pretty stupid. It was clear that the shot clock was messed up. If they can spend five minutes reviewing who a ball went off of last they sure as hell can spend five minutes figuring out how to fix the damn clock. :roll:

As far as the person asking if this happened against Cleveland last year, yes. It was a Hawks-Cavs game in Cleveland where ATL grabbed a defensive rebound and the shot clock was not reset.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkMV2MnxQaM[/youtube]
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#10 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:58 pm

pass first wrote:It was a stupid incident but not as stupid as this thread.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#11 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:58 pm

This is a joke.

I was at the game and I can tell you it effected both teams equally. There was times for both teams where the shot clock killed the momentum of the play, it's not like it only targeted the Lakers. I'm sick of hearing about this kind of crap, it's just another attempt of people trying to justify why their teams can't win in our arena.

The reasons LA lost the game goes like this...
-Phil Jackson did a horrible job of coaching down the stretch and throughout most of the game.
-The entire Laker team sat around waiting for Kobe to come save them. (he tried, but failed)
-Artest chucked up a horrid shot coming across the lane and then clanged a three off the iron on the two most important possessions of the game for the Lakers.
-Deron assassinated the entire Laker team throughout the game and especially in the 4th.
-The Jazz just had more energy and heart throughout the majority of the game.
-Kobe turned the ball over on a key possession which resulted in an easy lay-up for Raja.

The shot clock had nothing to do with LA losing. It's not like we (The Jazz) haven't had our fair share of technical difficulties in other NBA arenas before.... and we don't come in here and complain about it.

Get. Over. It.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,618

Post#12 » by infinite11285 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:01 pm

17 24 16 wrote:
pass first wrote:It was a stupid incident but not as stupid as this thread.
LALegend
Bench Warmer
And1: 14

Post#13 » by LALegend » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Who cares? Its Utah. They won't beat us in the playoffs. 8-)
34Dayz on Smush Parker
34Dayz wrote:If he was given a few years to develop I could see him being a Star.
34Dayz wrote:I think because he has a silly name people will never take him seriously.
menofvalor
Banned User

Post#14 » by menofvalor » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:15 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
As far as the person asking if this happened against Cleveland last year, yes. It was a Hawks-Cavs game in Cleveland where ATL grabbed a defensive rebound and the shot clock was not reset.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkMV2MnxQaM[/youtube]

Nice find, you would think the players would have noticed, or atleast Bibby when he was running a play.
E90M3
Ballboy
And1: 57

Post#15 » by E90M3 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:23 pm

It affected both sides if you watched the game. I'm sorry if that put a damper on this holiday season. Youre making a bigger deal of this than the Lakers players
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#16 » by darth_federer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:28 pm

The Jazz have great fans and are very loud. That affects the refs for sure. But it isnt just a Jazz thing. Any building where the fans are the 6th man has an effect on the refs.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#17 » by BarneyGumble » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:42 pm

akola wrote:If anybody saw the last few seconds of last nights game you should know that it wasn't the first time it happend:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0YoXt-mnug[/youtube]

and before you say "The timer was messed up for both sides. That wasn't the issue..."

Waaaaa Waaaaa. GTFO with this sorry crap. These things happen. I saw Poppovich's old ass Spurs wait for over an hour to get their stiff bones back on the Hornets' floor because the Hornets' idiotic half-time people lit a hoop on fire and put it out with an extinguisher that ruined the floor. Then, after winning, Pop's team slept on an airplane that sat on a runway for hours before playing their next playoff game in Staples a few hours later. Did I hear Popp complain? No.

So man-up and quit crying.
bruddahmanmatt
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#18 » by bruddahmanmatt » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:06 pm

LOL @ idiot homers shouting "stop crying" "waaahhh, waaahhh" like third graders. Anyone with a brain will tell you that LA gave last night's game away to Utah by blowing their early 19 point lead and making some dumb decisions throughout the course of the game, but it doesn't change the fact that there were some inept individuals working the shot clock and that the refs handled the situation poorly. Had the same thing happened at Staples with LA coming out on top over Utah, these idiots would be chalking it up to "OMFG Stern is duh cheatz and he wants the Lakers to win blah blah". It was a poorly handled situation which should have and probably could have been rectified earlier.
joe.linnen
Banned User

Post#19 » by joe.linnen » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:06 pm

Don't worry come playoff time if the Jazz run into the Lakers they'll be done in 3
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,674

Post#20 » by dockingsched » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Bat wrote:
pass first wrote:

There was also a play in which the Jazz grabbed a rebound and were heading down the court and the Lakers were running to get back when the refs called a dead ball because of the clock, that resulted in the Jazz with a ball out, with three Lakers in the back court executing a full court press.

The completely slowed the Jazz momentum as well.

i don't think thats true at all. the only play i recall the jazz having to stop midway through was after a lakers bucket when they still had the ball in the backcourt slowly dribbling up.

i do recall the play where deron made a three when the jazz got 13 on the block or something like that when the clock should have been 24.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore

Return to The General Board