New York Knicks... Sleepers?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

OneTime86
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Re: New York Knicks... Sleepers? 

Post#261 » by OneTime86 » Thu Dec 9, 2010 10:40 pm

omerome wrote:

*Yawn*

Can you come up with something we haven't heard a million times?

There's nothing else to say. Their record is a product of their schedule.
KnickelandDime
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#262 » by KnickelandDime » Thu Dec 9, 2010 10:45 pm

How about you guys bring up how bad we are against good teams when we actually start losing to these good teams? We have played every contender to a close game (Blazers, Hawks Celtics and Nuggets were all very close) and beaten a couple as well(Bulls, Hornets). How about someobdy locks this thread and opens it in a month when there's a clear picture as to whether this Knicks roster is good enough to be considered sleepers?
AIfan3
Head Coach
And1: 3,683

Post#263 » by AIfan3 » Thu Dec 9, 2010 10:46 pm

There's nothing else to say. Their record is a product of their schedule

Can someone explain the logic here ? Are they not suppose to beat the teams that's on their schedule?
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,865

Post#264 » by Spicy P » Thu Dec 9, 2010 10:47 pm

Even if their schedule is easy, they're still beating these weaker teams which is what good teams do. They would have lost quite a few of those games with last year's roster. Didn't they lose to the Nets 2-3 times last year?
EdMar_Davis
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#265 » by EdMar_Davis » Thu Dec 9, 2010 11:01 pm

Until Amare learns to play D(wont happen), they wont be going any higher then 7th. I'm very impressed with Felton and Fields though, Felton looks like a completely new player. Chandler will get eaten alive against teams with real post players(bulls), it;s a good step for them, they got to start from some where i guess.

lol at Dantoni being an advantage for the Knicks out of no where. not 2 weeks ago he was the worst human being on the planet. :lol:

The Bucks will get back on track, so it will be interesting to see how the 6-8 seed shapes up. I'm rooting for the Pacers and Bucks.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#266 » by Paeds » Thu Dec 9, 2010 11:11 pm

Good teams beat bad teams , especially on the road.

Nice how NY's expectations have risen
KnickelandDime
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#267 » by KnickelandDime » Thu Dec 9, 2010 11:17 pm

Kurd_CB4 wrote:Until Amare learns to play D(wont happen), they wont be going any higher then 7th. I'm very impressed with Felton and Fields though, Felton looks like a completely new player. Chandler will get eaten alive against teams with real post players(bulls), it;s a good step for them, they got to start from some where i guess.

lol at Dantoni being an advantage for the Knicks out of no where. not 2 weeks ago he was the worst human being on the planet. :lol:

The Bucks will get back on track, so it will be interesting to see how the 6-8 seed shapes up. I'm rooting for the Pacers and Bucks.

Funny thing is we are already higher than the 7 seed. Amares defense is really not as bad as people like to pretend. yeah his fundamentals suck and he doesn't always put in the effort but he makes enough impact plays, and plays with enough intelligence to be merely really bad as opposed to abysmal.
What about Chandlers game makes you think he will get eatan alive by real post players? On the contrary I think his speed, shot range and handle will make it difficult for traditional 4s to cover him out on the perimeter. Its not as if Chandlers game is predicated on scoring from the paint anyway.

Knicks fans are fickle. Not exactly news.

Bucks might be better than the Knicks but even if they do turn it around and they win 60% of their remaining games and the Knicks win half of theirs the Knicks come out ahead. I'm not too worried about the playoff situation; a lot has to go bad for the Knicks to miss out. Even if Indiana and the Bucks make it somebody else in the East has to step up. Charlotte? Toronto? New Jersey? Not exactly great candidates to play 600 ball.
THE TYRUS VIRUS
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#268 » by THE TYRUS VIRUS » Thu Dec 9, 2010 11:30 pm

I'm not sold on the Knicks they've played one of the easiest schedules in the league, they've played roughly 18 games against sub .500 teams and only 5 against teams over .500 AND one of their only wins against a team above .500 was against the New Orleans Hornets WITHOUT David West.

Playoffs are possible but the team appears to be first round fodder in a best case scenario.
blackstar
Rookie
And1: 239

Post#269 » by blackstar » Thu Dec 9, 2010 11:40 pm

to all the people saying we are first round exits. is anybody suggesting otherwise???? all we're saying is that we're an improved team. yes goddammit, we're beating easy teams, which is what we're supposed to do isn't it? yes we may lose a bunch of our upcoming games. Nobody's saying this team is a contender. We'd be elated if this team got to the 2nd round of the playoffs this year. Jesus Christ. Somebody said the Knicks improved and a bunch of haters just jump on the bandwagon declaring the knicks are champs yet.
EdMar_Davis
Banned User

Post#270 » by EdMar_Davis » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:01 am

KnickelandDime wrote:
Kurd_CB4 wrote:Until Amare learns to play D(wont happen), they wont be going any higher then 7th. I'm very impressed with Felton and Fields though, Felton looks like a completely new player. Chandler will get eaten alive against teams with real post players(bulls), it;s a good step for them, they got to start from some where i guess.

Funny thing is we are already higher than the 7 seed. Amares defense is really not as bad as people like to pretend. yeah his fundamentals suck and he doesn't always put in the effort but he makes enough impact plays, and plays with enough intelligence to be merely really bad as opposed to abysmal.
What about Chandlers game makes you think he will get eatan alive by real post players? On the contrary I think his speed, shot range and handle will make it difficult for traditional 4s to cover him out on the perimeter. Its not as if Chandlers game is predicated on scoring from the paint anyway.

Knicks fans are fickle. Not exactly news.

Bucks might be better than the Knicks but even if they do turn it around and they win 60% of their remaining games and the Knicks win half of theirs the Knicks come out ahead. I'm not too worried about the playoff situation; a lot has to go bad for the Knicks to miss out. Even if Indiana and the Bucks make it somebody else in the East has to step up. Charlotte? Toronto? New Jersey? Not exactly great candidates to play 600 ball.

Their higher the 7th right now, but I;d be surprised if they keep it up once they get some tougher teams. I was talking about Chandlers post D, Bargnani isn't the greatest post player, but he dropped 41 on him and Amare. Sure he COULD create mismatches on offense, but I don't think it's enough to cover his huge disadvantage in the post on D.

I don't think they miss out on the playoffs, the 6-8 in the east isn't much of a difference. Considering how good the top 4 teams are, they will all be done in 5 games each maybe 6 if they get lucky.
Knicks218
Sixth Man
And1: 82

Post#271 » by Knicks218 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:35 am

amare is the best PF in the nba!, dont say dirk because him and his team always do great in the regular season, its the post season when he chokes. Put dirk ok the knicks do you think they would be winning like they are with amare? Answer NO! hes not a leader or has the attitude and toughness same with gasol. Imagine amare next to bynum and kobe on the wing.

Men lie, woman lie, STAT Dont!!
Men Lie, Women Lie, STAT's Dont. STAT & MELO!!
THE TYRUS VIRUS
Banned User

Post#272 » by THE TYRUS VIRUS » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:40 am

DBlock-NYK wrote:amare is the best PF in the nba!, dont say dirk because him and his team always do great in the regular season, its the post season when he chokes. Put dirk ok the knicks do you think they would be winning like they are with amare? Answer NO! hes not a leader or has the attitude and toughness same with gasol. Imagine amare next to bynum and kobe on the wing.

Dirk is significantly better than Amar'e. He's also one of the clutchest players in the league. Watching basketball instead of listening to what the same idiots on the radio / TV helps when you're trying to accurately evaluate how good a player is.
Knicks218
Sixth Man

Post#273 » by Knicks218 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:51 am

THE TYRUS VIRUS wrote:
DBlock-NYK wrote:amare is the best PF in the nba!, dont say dirk because him and his team always do great in the regular season, its the post season when he chokes. Put dirk ok the knicks do you think they would be winning like they are with amare? Answer NO! hes not a leader or has the attitude and toughness same with gasol. Imagine amare next to bynum and kobe on the wing.

Dirk is significantly better than Amar'e. He's also one of the clutchest players in the league. Watching basketball instead of listening to what the same idiots on the radio / TV helps when you're trying to accurately evaluate how good a player is.

Dirks 7ft tall avg 7rpg 0.9bpg, everyone talks about amares rebounding look ar dirk. Amare is a FAR better defender and itimidator than dirk its not even close! Now gasol is a different story, but dirk NO WAY!.

Amare 25ppg 9rpg 2bpg VS dirk 24ppg 7rpg 0.9bpg
FAB0L0US
Banned User

Post#274 » by FAB0L0US » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:58 am

DBlock-NYK wrote:Dirks 7ft tall avg 7rpg 0.9bpg, everyone talks about amares rebounding look ar dirk. Amare is a FAR better defender and itimidator than dirk its not even close! Now gasol is a different story, but dirk NO WAY!.

DEFENSIVE EFFICIENCY RANKINGS
4) Dallas
18) New York (and this is against some trash competition too, Dallas has played good teams)
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff/order/false

Ill take Dirk 28 days of the week over Amare if it is just for this year. Also Dirks career > Amares career
Knicks218
Sixth Man

Post#275 » by Knicks218 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:05 am

FAB0L0US wrote:
DBlock-NYK wrote:Dirks 7ft tall avg 7rpg 0.9bpg, everyone talks about amares rebounding look ar dirk. Amare is a FAR better defender and itimidator than dirk its not even close! Now gasol is a different story, but dirk NO WAY!.

4) Dallas
18) New York (and this is against some trash competition too, Dallas has played good teams)

Ill take Dirk 28 days of the week over Amare if it is just for this year. Also Dirks career > Amares career

Lol nice try to change the subject, im talking about indivdule players dirks defense VS amare. Yeah dallas has a better overall defensive team they have tyson chandler whos play like the old chandler and they have haywood backing him up. They have 2 of the best defensive centers on the same team, yeah i think the TEAMS OVERALL defense should be top 5!
EdMar_Davis
Banned User

Post#276 » by EdMar_Davis » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:09 pm

DBlock-NYK wrote:
FAB0L0US wrote:

4) Dallas

Lol nice try to change the subject, im talking about indivdule players dirks defense VS amare. Yeah dallas has a better overall defensive team they have tyson chandler whos play like the old chandler and they have haywood backing him up. They have 2 of the best defensive centers on the same team, yeah i think the TEAMS OVERALL defense should be top 5!

It's not even a contest Dirk is much better then Amare, Dirk has been the better defender and rebounder over his career, his team is loaded with rebounders from pg to c, it's pretty impressive he's even getting 7rpg. Please keep your biased posts in the Knicks forum, the thread was going along fine without your ridiculous claims.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#277 » by HEZI » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:16 pm

:lol:

Haters at their best

:lol:

We aint even mad at ya, we just find you funny but sad at the same time
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
EdMar_Davis
Banned User

Post#278 » by EdMar_Davis » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Who's hating?
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#279 » by HEZI » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Kurd_CB4 wrote:Who's hating?

Not you, oh no not you :rofl:
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#280 » by magnumt » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:37 pm

^Dude, tone it back a bit (both of you).

This isn't a Player Comparison, so don't turn it into one.

Thanks.
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6

Return to The General Board