No allstar game in Boston since 1964, why???

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

ShelB
Banned User
And1: 3

Re: No allstar game in Boston since 1964, why??? 

Post#21 » by ShelB » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:30 am

High0ctane21 wrote:Chicago hasn't had one since '89 I think. :(

OH NOES! It's been 21 years since Chicago had an All-Star game! There's only 28 other cities in the NBA!

Bring the ASG to White Vegas! I want to not go because all of the tickets are given to millionaires and celebrities. Should hold the game in the Sky Dome and the Friday/Saturday stuff in the ACC.
Slax
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,722

Post#22 » by Slax » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:37 am

Prophet_C wrote:
Soap345 wrote:A lot has to do with the facility as well
I mean the Garden is an legendary arena, its just a little dated as well. Staples Center is built as a convention center as well as a sports arena. Last year they held in in the new Cowboys stadium. The Alamo Dome in San Antonio was well suited for All Star weekend.

lol serious?

This isn't the original Garden. The original Garden has been gone for several years now and we've only won one in the new "Garden" it's changed names several times originally known as The Fleetcenter

I think he was referring to Madison Square Garden, not the Boston Garden.
ShelB
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#23 » by ShelB » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:12 am

stacey_is_king wrote:Well I'm from Chicago, so it wouldn't matter to me, but I highly doubt as many people would see the game if it was in snow-covered Boston.

I don't think the weather outside the arena would keep people from tuning in on their TVs.

Return to The General Board