Why Bosh is better for Miami than Amare

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

PolakFury
Banned User
And1: 0
Location: Planet X: Nbiru Beside Rasheed Wallace and Pat Riley

Re: Why Bosh is better for Miami than Amare 

Post#61 » by PolakFury » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Flash3 wrote:They both aren't great on D. With that being said, I still prefer Bosh to Amare only to the fact that it seems that Bosh was fine with being 3rd fiddle where as Amare always wanted to be "the man" which he's getting the opp to be.
93 Phillies
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#62 » by 93 Phillies » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:27 pm

the only reason why bosh is better for the heat is that he has no spine and will easily defer to wade and lebron
MassDaGod
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#63 » by MassDaGod » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:29 pm

the only reason why bosh is better for the heat is that he has no spine and will easily defer to wade and lebron

^^^^^ real talk..

Bosh doesnt have the playoff experience that amare has had.. bosh has flopped in the playoffs in the years he's been there but he hasn't even been their much in the 1st place. (only 2 times in 8 years)

Amare is more talented than bosh and he's more driven and has a better work ethic...besides, he will never want to "chill".

bosh clearly benefited from just clearly being the best player on a weak team.

she's just a slightly better rebounder than amare... if not even.

she has a career shooting average of under 50%.. while amares is closer to 55%.

she's not as good of a finisher like amare is.

Amare is pretty much better in just about every major statistical category than bosh, even though amare came out unproven from high school.

Im GLAD the knicks went after Amare and not that career loser in bosh.

But, I cant argue if he's better for the Heat. so whatever.

RRT
Banned User

Post#64 » by RRT » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:30 pm

93 Phillies wrote:the only reason why bosh is better for the heat is that he has no spine and will easily defer to wade and lebron

this
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#65 » by Lionel Messi » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:32 pm

MassDaGod wrote:

^^^^^ real talk..

Bosh doesnt have the playoff experience that amare has had.. bosh has flopped in the playoffs in the years he's been there but he hasn't even been their much in the 1st place. (only 2 times in 8 years)

Amare is more talented than bosh and he's more driven and has a better work ethic...besides, he will never want to "chill".

bosh clearly benefited from just clearly being the best player on a weak team.

she's just a slightly better rebounder than amare... if not even.

she has a career shooting average of under 50%.. while amares is closer to 55%.

she's not as good of a finisher like amare is.

Amare is pretty much better in just about every major statistical category than bosh, even though amare came out unproven from high school.

Im GLAD the knicks went after Amare and not that career loser in bosh.

But, I cant argue if he's better for the Heat. so whatever.

Dude you clearly have never followed Bosh and have a huge bias.

Bosh is in his 8th year, and ALWAYS was known for his work ethic as a Raptor. He's also always been a better rebounder and defender than Amare.
Not to mention that he didn't flop in his second play-off appearance, he put up 24/9 against Dwight's Magic.

Bosh is also a better shooter and has had to deal with really crappy supporting casts up until now
shaqfan1
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#66 » by shaqfan1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:40 pm

ITGM wrote:Let me get this straight,

Player A averages :

26.7pts 9.1rebs 2.0blks 0.9stls 2.4 asst 79.4ft% 54.Fg% and is an MVP candidate

Player B averages:

17pts 6.9rebs 0.7blks 0.8stls 1.9asst 49.6fg% 80.4ft%

And the majority consensus in this thread is that they would rather have player B?

You didn't get anything straight. You just reduced Bosh's points and rebounds and posted those numbers like they were fact. If Amare is so much better than Bosh, why do Amare's fans have to lie about Bosh's stats?
DuckIII wrote:All 3 of them joining forces in Miami is the NBA's worst nightmare (shared by TNT, ABC, and ESPN)...it is a simple, irrefutable fact, that Wade/LeBron/Bosh in Miami is pretty much the worst possible result from a business perspective.
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#67 » by qm22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:42 pm

^24/9 against Dwight/Rashard is supposed to be an argument when he also put up 17 on 39% fg against MIKKI MOORE and the lower seeded Nets while Stoudemire has been putting up amazing numbers against Gasol and Duncan?

And now the NYK are a great supporting cast. A bunch of rookies added to a team who was in the lottery...

Keep saying how Bosh is a better rebounder when he is rebounding worse when he should have a large emphasis on that this year.... Nice.

Better defender... ok. Everyone knows the way to exploit the heat is the front court.

You know Amar'e is going to abuse Bosh on Friday and Wade/Lebron are going to be helping all game letting NY shooters spot up all game...

I really can't wait for Amar'e and NY to bust Miami up Friday.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#68 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:43 pm

shaqfan1 wrote:

Player A averages :

Player B averages:

And the majority consensus in this thread is that they would rather have player B?

You didn't get anything straight. You just reduced Bosh's points and rebounds and posted those numbers like they were fact. If Amare is so much better than Bosh, why do Amare's fans have to lie about Bosh's stats?

That's true, why DID you lie about Bosh's stats? Amare still clearly has better numbers right now, yet you felt the need to knock Bosh's point and rebound totals down by 1 each? Insecure much?
qm22
General Manager

Post#69 » by qm22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:43 pm

shaqfan1 wrote:

Player A averages :

Player B averages:

Man that's hilarious. Bosh's numbers are 17.8/7.9 with 49% fg. LOL.

That really says he is terrible. He SHOULD have better FG% in Miami than he did in Toronto.

He SHOULD have better rebounding since they need more rebounding from him than in Toronto. Especially given who his front court partners are, and that he has less of a job offensively in Miami compared to his rebounding job.

Just shows he had empty stats in Toronto.
93 Phillies
General Manager

Post#70 » by 93 Phillies » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:46 pm

If we are talking who is better I can say Amare as an unbiased third party who hates the Knicks. He is roughly twice the player Bosh is. Bosh is a shooting guard and when I watch him play I want to shove him in a locker.
now and 4 life
Starter
And1: 11

Post#71 » by now and 4 life » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:46 pm

Look at it this way the Raptors are projected to be a bottom feeder while last season with Bosh they were almost at 500. This season the Suns are at 500 despite downgrading the rest of their roster. And the Raptors roster without Bosh this season is much better than the roster without Bosh last season.
shaqfan1
General Manager

Post#72 » by shaqfan1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:49 pm

93 Phillies wrote:If we are talking who is better I can say Amare as an unbiased third party who hates the Knicks. He is roughly twice the player Bosh is. Bosh is a shooting guard and when I watch him play I want to shove him in a locker.

Apparently, that's about as unbiased an opinion as you can get about the Heat on RealGM.
DuckIII wrote:All 3 of them joining forces in Miami is the NBA's worst nightmare (shared by TNT, ABC, and ESPN)...it is a simple, irrefutable fact, that Wade/LeBron/Bosh in Miami is pretty much the worst possible result from a business perspective.
93 Phillies
General Manager

Post#73 » by 93 Phillies » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:51 pm

shaqfan1 wrote:
93 Phillies wrote:If we are talking who is better I can say Amare as an unbiased third party who hates the Knicks. He is roughly twice the player Bosh is. Bosh is a shooting guard and when I watch him play I want to shove him in a locker.

Apparently, that's about as unbiased an opinion as you can get about the Heat on RealGM.

i can see why you think i hate the heat, but i actually like them going back to the tim hardaway/voshon lenard/jamal mashbuarn/pj brown/alonzo mourning days and hate the knicks with a passion. dwyane wade is one of my favorite players, but bosh is a little princess.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#74 » by ITGM » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:52 pm

shaqfan1 wrote:

Player A averages :

Player B averages:

Ahhh Yes I see I made an error and forgot to add the .9 to Bosh's 17pts and typo'd his reb totals when it should have been 7.9. After re-analyzing those numbers it's obvious Bosh is the superior player.
shaqfan1
General Manager

Post#75 » by shaqfan1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:54 pm

93 Phillies wrote:
shaqfan1 wrote:

i can see why you think i hate the heat, but i actually like them going back to the tim hardaway/voshon lenard/jamal mashbuarn/pj brown/alonzo mourning days and hate the knicks with a passion. dwyane wade is one of my favorite players, but bosh is a little princess.

I never said you hated the Heat. I was just trying to point out that a very biased opinion (yours) is about the most unbiased you can hope to get about the Heat on RealGM. The fact that you're not wishing for the Big 3 to all get career ending injuries shows that you're at least a little objective.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#76 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:56 pm

I think its fair to point out that Amare's usage is 7% points higher and his TOV% is almost twice as high as Bosh's.
Gotta_B_KD35
Pro Prospect
And1: 9
Location: Everywhere you've never been, i"m better than I've ever been

Post#77 » by Gotta_B_KD35 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:57 pm

It's great to see knick relevant again in the NBA, great for the league. Too bad some cocky Knicks fans are coming out into the GB occasionally now :roll:. For the guy who posted stats for amare and bosh this season, they play on different teams. Do you seriously expect Amare to average that much playing along James and Wade. Amare is already a weaker rebounder so expect his rebounding numbers to be less than Bosh's, although amares ppg will most likely be around the low to mid 20's playing for the Heat. Amare's FG% won't drastically rise playing with Heats because teams will be packing the paint when your 1st-3rd options in your team are slashers and requires scoring in the paint to maximize their scoring ability. That's why Bosh is a better fit for Heat he is a better jumpshooter and can spread the floor for wade and james to operate.
shaqfan1
General Manager

Post#78 » by shaqfan1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:57 pm

ITGM wrote:Ahhh Yes I see I made an error and forgot to add the .9 to Bosh's 17pts and typo'd his reb totals when it should have been 7.9. After re-analyzing those numbers it's obvious Bosh is the superior player.

Made a typo for his points and rebounds huh? Interesting. After re-analyzing your backpedalling, it's obvious why Knicks fans want Melo.
qm22
General Manager

Post#79 » by qm22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:58 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:I think its fair to point out that Amare's usage is 7% points higher and his TOV% is almost twice as high as Bosh's.

Who cares?

Yes, TOs are higher, but that does not dent the argument much. Especially considering Amar'e was at about 8 TO/G at the beginning, and Amar'e is the focus of the opposition and not a 3rd wheel, but whatever... Take what you can.
paul07ss
Banned User

Post#80 » by paul07ss » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:59 pm

I just wanna chill.... ya feeelz me ?

Return to The General Board