Most overrated team(s) right now?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

barnett114
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Most overrated team(s) right now? 

Post#81 » by barnett114 » Mon Jan 3, 2011 8:06 pm

Brooklyn718 wrote:
panthermark wrote:Yeah...I'm not understanding some of the "hate" here...

lol calling the knicks overrated because of playoffs that haven't been played..Intelligent :lol: CHicago will be petrified if their first round match up was NY

Are you angry sir?
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#82 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Jan 3, 2011 8:20 pm

bc legends wrote:Orlando Magic. Same poodles, different hair cut. They're not getting out of the East, sorry.

:lol:
Poodles vs The Actresses..... should be a good series.

I think to start the season the Heat were pretty much the only team that was overrated. Right now I dont think anyone is really "overrated" I think people are a little to excited about NY but imo that has more to do with finally watching them win some games after sucking for so long. I think the NY fans are pretty level headed with who they are as a team.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#83 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Jan 3, 2011 8:24 pm

I don't think there's any overrated teams in the league right now. If anything, there's a lot of underrated teams.

And how are the Miami Heat overrated? Everyone and their mothers hate the Heat; Miami is more haterrated than overrated.

Miami is 2nd in the East right now, that's pretty good unless you expected them to be undefeated and if that's the case then yes they are overrated.
#DubNation
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#84 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Jan 3, 2011 8:39 pm

Bay Based wrote:I don't think there's any overrated teams in the league right now. If anything, there's a lot of underrated teams.

And how are the Miami Heat overrated? Everyone and their mothers hate the Heat; Miami is more haterrated than overrated.

Miami is 2nd in the East right now, that's pretty good unless you expected them to be undefeated and if that's the case then yes they are overrated.

I personally said "to start the season" people were handing them a championship, talking about they can't lose a game and it's obvious that they struggle against good teams. They're contenders no doubt but handing them a championship and saying they'll go undefeated is absurd.

Essentially, I agree that no teams are really overrated now.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#85 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Jan 3, 2011 8:53 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Bay Based wrote:I don't think there's any overrated teams in the league right now. If anything, there's a lot of underrated teams.

I personally said "to start the season" people were handing them a championship, talking about they can't lose a game and it's obvious that they struggle against good teams. They're contenders no doubt but handing them a championship and saying they'll go undefeated is absurd.

Essentially, I agree that no teams are really overrated now.

Nah I wasn't pointing my finger at you, I was simply replying to the original post of the thread.

When I ask how the Heat are overrated, I'm talking about the people who still currently call them overrated.
#DubNation
Die93
Starter
And1: 5

Post#86 » by Die93 » Mon Jan 3, 2011 9:27 pm

Do the spurs have to start out 40-4 before people start taking them seriously?
Pulp Fiction was the best movie of the 1990's.
secund2nun
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#87 » by secund2nun » Mon Jan 3, 2011 9:33 pm

Lakers by miles.
fallacy
RealGM
And1: 607

Post#88 » by fallacy » Mon Jan 3, 2011 9:35 pm

After watching the Spurs ass-rape my thunder by 30, i can tell you that they are NOT overrated
**** Ron Artest
**** Marco Belinelli
Stephen Jackson aint bout dis lyfe
Patrick Beverly deserves to have his knee ripped to pieces
qotsa
Senior
And1: 34

Post#89 » by qotsa » Mon Jan 3, 2011 9:43 pm

Easily the Mavs...

How the hell do you lose to the Raptors and the Bucks?
Spurtatcus
Starter
And1: 29

Post#90 » by Spurtatcus » Mon Jan 3, 2011 10:26 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/tea...ff/order/false

Spurs 7th in league right now in defensive efficiency by Hollinger's method (points per 100 possesions - which IMO is as good a method as any) and except for Miami and Chicago (both have played weaker schedules than the Spurs) they are within range of the 3-6 teams.
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#91 » by Wavy Q » Mon Jan 3, 2011 10:32 pm

I'm surprised how much leniency my team is getting despite being horrible so far.
Donald Kaufman
General Manager
And1: 601

Post#92 » by Donald Kaufman » Mon Jan 3, 2011 11:02 pm

Dr Mufasa wrote:Spurs. Still have the issues they did the last couple years. D isn't the same without another big inside, a less scary Duncan, and no Bowen type on the perimeter

They're winning on the best offense. But that's based on depth and 3s.

I'd almost go as far to say the Bulls are better than them when healthy. They're more complete. Perimeter star, wing defender, inside scorer, inside defender

Okay, but who exactly is overrating us? This is what no one seems to be able to answer.

Based on the statements made in this thread - we're not on Bostons, LA's or Miami's level, we're not better than the Bulls :lol: - I'd say we're the exact opposite of overrated.
schematics
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#93 » by schematics » Tue Jan 4, 2011 10:51 am

DAMN GOOD QUESTION! The answer is without a doubt...DALLAS MAVERICKS!

I could care less if they finish 70-12. If you have watched them perform in the post season for at least the last 3 years then there is no way you should not know this, lol...way too many choke artist on their team, most notably Dirk! Seriously distrub dirk, D him up, rough him up n it's a wrap. #realtalk

I would have said the Nuggets if their record was better than the mavs but since it's not...
Dekadez
Banned User

Post#94 » by Dekadez » Tue Jan 4, 2011 11:06 am

Jay From LA wrote:I'm surprised how much leniency my team is getting despite being horrible so far.

What is there to overrate or underrate about the back-to-back defending champions? They are rated just fine. Their current slump isn't necessarily a predictor of things to come (aka. playoffs).
Mikez1919
Senior
And1: 55

Post#95 » by Mikez1919 » Tue Jan 4, 2011 11:09 am

The Bulls.

Most overrated team and have one of the most overrated players the last few years in Derrick Rose.
Dekadez
Banned User

Post#96 » by Dekadez » Tue Jan 4, 2011 12:49 pm

Ok ballboy.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,303

Post#97 » by coldfish » Tue Jan 4, 2011 2:10 pm

Dekadez wrote:Ok ballboy.

Oh come on, the Bulls suck. Let's ignore the fact that they have the 5th best record and the 5th best point differential despite missing Boozer or Noah for basically the whole season and no one thinks they are better than #5. The Bulls lost to the Knicks . . . TWICE!!!! No good team does that. Its the freakin Knicks!!! They weren't fluke losses either. Obviously one of the best teams in defending the 3p line is going to give up almost 65% from 3p land every game.

Bulls should just tank. They are doooooomed.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#98 » by omerome » Tue Jan 4, 2011 2:22 pm

boogydown wrote:+1

They are 21-10 with injuries to Boozer and Noah. Lets wait until they are healthy. If they were fully healthy, they could arguably have the best record in the East right now.

With that said, I don't think they can win the title though unless they upgrade the SG with someone at least half decent.

I am far from a Celtic fan but I don't even believe this to be true.

The Celtics haven't been fully healthy all season and yet they have the best record in the East. Perkins was/is a key defensive player for Boston and he has yet to play this season.

I don't think that the Bulls can compete with the depth of a fully healthy Celtics roster.
Dekadez
Banned User

Post#99 » by Dekadez » Tue Jan 4, 2011 2:38 pm

The Bulls aren't being overrated, by no non-homer. They are 21-10 while they have almost constantly missed one of their 3 keyplayers. If anything, they are underrated as a first round exit. They are no contender, but to dismiss them that casually will be a mistake this year.

They gave teams more than a warm-up last year, this year they'll steal your lunch money if you don't take them seriously.
lukekarts
Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#100 » by lukekarts » Tue Jan 4, 2011 3:01 pm

I don't think any team is underrated or overrated at this moment in time. The standings are actually a pretty good reflection of how things are for the season, with everyone still expecting LA to be WCF at the very least.
There is no consolation prize. Winning is everything.

Return to The General Board