Andrew Bynum-- Ejected for Blocking Amare?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

dhh2h
Banned User
And1: 17

Andrew Bynum-- Ejected for Blocking Amare? 

Post#1 » by dhh2h » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:07 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hhb1dO8RIQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Clearly, Bynum got all ball in this play and is ejected for arguing something that should not have been called a foul. The officiating this season with these new "tech" rules are really ridiculous.

If you look closely, Bynum was ejected for asking "Are you serious"

FYI, the second technical that got him ejected was rescinded...

IMO These refs need to be reprimanded/ some action has to occur for this kind of officiating that can completely ruin a good game of basketball. I know this doesn't rank near the Tim Duncan ejected for laughing technical but its still pretty ridiculous
Bucksfans1and2
Banned User
And1: 189

Re: Andrew Bynum-- Ejected for Blocking Amare? 

Post#2 » by Bucksfans1and2 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:10 am

Bad calls happen. The fact that Bynum was whining after he'd already gotten a T means he gets no pity from me.
DemarcusCousins
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by DemarcusCousins » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:11 am

Kobe yells at the refs everygame! Kobe should get ejected every game but you dont here us complaining. Stop crying. Kobe gets away with barking too much.
Bruh Man
Analyst
And1: 743

Post#4 » by Bruh Man » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:11 am

Yeah that was crazy, officiating has become a joke, I think Bynum got the second tech for asking "are you serious?" lol
sub_zero255
Freshman

Post#5 » by sub_zero255 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:17 am

We all know that you can't touch the zebras

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjVcl7JcBso[/youtube]
Kingsforlife
Banned User

Post#6 » by Kingsforlife » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:17 am

damn great block
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#7 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:17 am

It looked to me like he got ejected for bumping the ref.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
bruddahmanmatt
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#8 » by bruddahmanmatt » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:17 am

Actually Bynum got T'd up for approaching Wood and then he got ejected for asking "are you serious?" Any moron who attempts to pin this on Drew is just that, a moron. Leon Wood as a former player should realize more than anyone that basketball is an emotional game. What Bynum did was nowhere near as bad as what I've seen other players do, and that includes Kobe Bryant. Amazing how Bryant did not get tossed last night after all the complaining he did. I won't deny that his complaints were warranted because he was clearly getting hacked by New York all night long with no call, but given how little it took for Bynum to get tossed, the refs let Bryant get away with a crap ton of complaining in comparison. Double standard.

On a side note, the personal foul which Wood whistled to set this whole thing in motion was ridiculous. If you look, Amar'e was going for the swing through and he just barely catches Andrew's hand, HOWEVER, douchebag Leon doesn't blow his whistle until STAT gets his shot up and Bynum makes a clean block. Drew fouled him (although just BARELY) early on but Wood ignored it until Amar'e got his shot up to get him a chance at an and-1. I F'in hate that s**t. Sheed said it best once so I'll let him say it again. Watch 0:26 for some real talk.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4E0N8pNR9U[/youtube]
CodyB_
Pro Prospect
And1: 389

Post#9 » by CodyB_ » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:19 am

I hope this brings to attention how awesome Bynum's interior D is this year
Don't be a jerk.
bruddahmanmatt
Banned User

Post#10 » by bruddahmanmatt » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:20 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:It looked to me like he got ejected for bumping the ref.

No. They showed the replay from several angles and if you look closely, it actually looked like he didn't even touch him at all. He just set a giant 7' screen in front of him which stopped Wood in his tracks and Leon didn't like that. LOL. That being said, he got T'd up for getting in Wood's face but he got EJECTED for asking "are you serious" which is a F'in joke, so much so that the league rescinded his second technical today. Does that come with an apology for Bynum the way the refs apologized for that no-call on Durant against the Jazz last year? Doubt it.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,568

Post#11 » by Sofia » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:20 am

Bruh Man wrote:Yeah that was crazy, officiating has become a joke, I think Bynum got the second tech for asking "are you serious?" lol

I hate that question in basketball. "Are you serious?"

I'd love for a ref to one day pull a party blower out of his pocket, blow it and throw streamers at the player, shouting "nah I'm not serious, you got punk'd!!! LOLZ"

But then eject him anyway.
President of the Grady Dick Fanclub - top ****
President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub - go stiffies!
Sofia

Post#12 » by Sofia » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:22 am

bruddahmanmatt wrote: Does that come with an apology for Bynum the way the refs apologized for that no-call on Durant against the Jazz last year? Doubt it.

Yeah I hate teams that get star calls too....
Maverick86
Sophomore

Post#13 » by Maverick86 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:26 am

Stop at 0:07...Bynum is way to close to that ref and he might have scared the ref as big as Bynum is, oh and just like somebody said...Kobe talks sh*t to the refs and still is in the game.
bruddahmanmatt
Banned User

Post#14 » by bruddahmanmatt » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:29 am

clips1386 wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote: Does that come with an apology for Bynum the way the refs apologized for that no-call on Durant against the Jazz last year? Doubt it.

I just think that what the referees did last year with regards to that call was flat-out crooked and embarrassing. Are they going to apologize to EVERY player when they make a bad call, or just the NBA's "next LeBron"? That was ridiculous what they did last last year. Obviously the league feels that Wood F'ed up last night by rescinding Bynum's second tech, but I like how Stern and Jackson can just ninja-edit and stealth delete these bogus technicals without any repercussions for Wood. Clearly Leon lost his cool and did what he did last night because he had his feelings hurt and he didn't like being "challenged" by Bynum. It's not just the players who need to be disciplined sometimes. Guys like Joey Crawford and Tim Donaghy are proof that the refs do in fact get out of line from time to time.
Blackmun
Banned User

Post#15 » by Blackmun » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:31 am

dhh2h wrote:IMO These refs need to be reprimanded/ some action has to occur for this kind of officiating that can completely ruin a good game of basketball. I know this doesn't rank near the Tim Duncan ejected for laughing technical but its still pretty ridiculous

Uhm, reprimanded? It's the NBA that has asked them to hand out these technicals, not something the refs came up with on their own... Of course, sometimes there'll be bad calls, that's a part of sports.
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#16 » by qm22 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 am

Bynum (and his whole team) was getting on the refs all game long far more than many others. Nobody should be surprised, and that is far from the worst ejection of this season, not even top 10.

All game.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT in protracted poses in the face of officials.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It was the most complaining I've seen in a game all year unless you count Boozer who says Heyyyy after every shot.
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#17 » by darth_federer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 am

So Phil Jackson just sat there?

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
Sofia

Post#18 » by Sofia » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:33 am

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
clips1386 wrote:

I just think that what the referees did last year with regards to that call was flat-out crooked and embarrassing. Are they going to apologize to EVERY player when they make a bad call, or just the NBA's "next LeBron"? That was ridiculous what they did last last year. Obviously the league feels that Wood F'ed up last night by rescinding Bynum's second tech, but I like how Stern and Jackson can just ninja-edit and stealth delete these bogus technicals without any repercussions for Wood. Clearly Leon lost his cool and did what he did last night because he had his feelings hurt and he didn't like being "challenged" by Bynum. It's not just the players who need to be disciplined sometimes. Guys like Joey Crawford and Tim Donaghy prove that.

Damned if they do admit a mistake, damned if they don't admit a mistake.

Does anyone know if the refs do actually get away with mistakes without penalty? Who's to say there is no system where if the league rescinds a technical, the ref isn't penalized in the way of a fine 50% of match fee etc. Obviously we don't hear of it happening, but that means very little.
EH15
General Manager
And1: 6,934

Post#19 » by EH15 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:33 am

All his teammates come over to calm Bynum down and you see Kobe standing there playing with the ball.
bruddahmanmatt
Banned User

Post#20 » by bruddahmanmatt » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:34 am

qm22 wrote:Bynum (and his whole team) was getting on the refs all game long far more than many others. Nobody should be surprised, and that is far from the worst ejection of this season, not even top 10.

All game.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT in protracted poses in the face of officials.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It was the most complaining I've seen in a game all year unless you count Boozer who says Heyyyy after every shot.

Getting hacked across both arms by Stoudemire all night with no call because the refs need to balance things out since you're stealing Amar'e's lunch will tend to piss a guy off. And you know what genius, Amar'e and Pringles D'Antoni did just as much b**ching last night without so much as a single technical called on NY all night long so don't even go there.

Return to The General Board