Centers who can lead the L in scoring?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Re: Centers who can lead the L in scoring? 

Post#41 » by Saciid11 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:40 pm

Dwight Howard if he keeps on improving his offensive game like he did this year, I say 20-27 is realistic for DWight Howard, but I don't that will lead the league in scoring ...maybe top top 5 and MVP ..
Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Post#42 » by Saciid11 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:41 pm

Jerry Curl wrote:Andrea will average 30 a game in 2 years

He will need 30 shots and no double team to do that ...
Pass the ball
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Pass the ball » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:54 am

Saciid11 wrote:Dwight Howard if he keeps on improving his offensive game like he did this year, I say 20-27 is realistic for DWight Howard, but I don't that will lead the league in scoring ...maybe top top 5 and MVP ..

lmao improved offensive game and he's only averaging 21 this year. He's never gonna average 25+ ppg. The highest he can top at is probably 22. This guy is 25 or 26. He's almost at his prime. Guys just don't make a huge jump in PPG after their 7th year in the league, it just doesn't happen.
Blackmun
Banned User

Post#44 » by Blackmun » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:57 am

Pass the ball wrote:
Saciid11 wrote:Dwight Howard if he keeps on improving his offensive game like he did this year, I say 20-27 is realistic for DWight Howard, but I don't that will lead the league in scoring ...maybe top top 5 and MVP ..

lmao improved offensive game and he's only averaging 21 this year. He's never gonna average 25+ ppg. The highest he can top at is probably 22. This guy is 25 or 26. He's almost at his prime. Guys just don't make a huge jump in PPG after their 7th year in the league, it just doesn't happen.

Some wise guy said something about not predicting the future. Something about it making you look like a fool when you're wrong.
Pass the ball
Banned User

Post#45 » by Pass the ball » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:02 am

Blackmun wrote:
Pass the ball wrote:

Some wise guy said something about not predicting the future. Something about it making you look like a fool when you're wrong.

Good thing I'm not wrong most of the time! I predicted Boston would beat Orlando in last year's ECF before the series started! Now was I wrong? I predicted Derrick Rose would be this good. Was I wrong? I was right about Lebron, right about Durant, right about a lot of players. And besides it's not like I'm making a way out there prediction. I just said Dwight will never reach 25+ points per game and will likely top out around 22 or so. Can you tell me a player that scored 25+ after only scoring 21 per for a career high after being in the league for 7 years?
SolidSnake008
Banned User

Post#46 » by SolidSnake008 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:30 am

hey passtheball ever consider that he actually has guys around him that are good enough to get touches and SVG's system isn't really made for Dwight to get 30 a night? maybe i'm wrong but Basketball is a team game right?
Pass the ball
Banned User

Post#47 » by Pass the ball » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:07 am

SolidSnake008 wrote:hey passtheball ever consider that he actually has guys around him that are good enough to get touches and SVG's system isn't really made for Dwight to get 30 a night? maybe i'm wrong but Basketball is a team game right?

Yeah and wat about Kevin Durant? He scored 30 a game with guys like Russell Westbrook, Jeff Green, and James Harden around him. Those guys can score 17+ each if they were on a different team. If he was better offensively then he would get more touches. The point of offense is to run the ball through the best guy as much as possible. Dwight's not that much better scoring wise than Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas, etc etc so his touches or field goal attempts per game aren't distinguished from the rest of the crew. You think prime Shaq or TD would only get 13 field goal attempts per game on this current Magic team? No, because their offense or scoring is way better than that.
SolidSnake008
Banned User

Post#48 » by SolidSnake008 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:37 am

Pass the ball wrote:
SolidSnake008 wrote:hey passtheball ever consider that he actually has guys around him that are good enough to get touches and SVG's system isn't really made for Dwight to get 30 a night? maybe i'm wrong but Basketball is a team game right?

Yeah and wat about Kevin Durant? He scored 30 a game with guys like Russell Westbrook, Jeff Green, and James Harden around him. Those guys can score 17+ each if they were on a different team. If he was better offensively then he would get more touches. The point of offense is to run the ball through the best guy as much as possible. Dwight's not that much better scoring wise than Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas, etc etc so his touches or field goal attempts per game aren't distinguished from the rest of the crew. You think prime Shaq or TD would only get 13 field goal attempts per game on this current Magic team? No, because their offense or scoring is way better than that.

that's fine but it's a completely different offense and system....why put down a player that is doing the best thing for the team? Dwight could go to coach and demand the ball and he would get it but that is not the best thing for the team as a whole....Plus he is more or less a traditional back to the basket center not a guard of forward who spends most of their time on the perimeter....you are also forgetting that he expends a lot of energy as well on the defensive end and there is no guard or forward in the league today that has the defensive impact Dwight does....I'll take 21-22 points a game with a great percentage and elite game changing defense...I guess it's a difference of opinion
Blackmun
Banned User

Post#49 » by Blackmun » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:01 am

Pass the ball wrote:Good thing I'm not wrong most of the time! I predicted Boston would beat Orlando in last year's ECF before the series started! Now was I wrong? I predicted Derrick Rose would be this good. Was I wrong? I was right about Lebron, right about Durant, right about a lot of players. And besides it's not like I'm making a way out there prediction. I just said Dwight will never reach 25+ points per game and will likely top out around 22 or so. Can you tell me a player that scored 25+ after only scoring 21 per for a career high after being in the league for 7 years?

Not off the top of my head, but I'm not going to actually put time and effort into researching it...

That being said, we've also rarely, if ever, seen a player develop from a "defense only" type of player which Dwight has been into a more complete player. With that, the more competent Dwight becomes on offense, the more plays are going to get called for him.

As for you listing a bunch of random things you claim to have been right about; 1) who cares 2) whatever.

That's not saying you are wrong; reality is most people who predict a negative/pessimistic outcome are usually right. Chances are always larger a player will not succeed than him actually succeeding.
Barstool Blues
Banned User

Post#50 » by Barstool Blues » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:21 am

It's not going to happen anytime soon the way the rules favor perimeter players so much. They also just shoot more in general because they don't have to be fed. I'm pretty positive it won't happen this decade.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#51 » by magicman123 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:30 am

i dont think dwight will unless he plays on a really bad team, to much balance with 7 players averaging double figures..

Return to The General Board