Derek Fisher is the Best Flopper in the League

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

The MVPlaya
Starter
And1: 33

Re: Derek Fisher is the Best Flopper in the League 

Post#21 » by The MVPlaya » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:10 pm

Fish flops as bad as anyone, but it's in less dosages because he's not much of a factor offensively. And I mean, how many offensive fouls is he drawing on defense a game from flops, maybe one?

Guys like Pierce, Paul, Martin, Ginobili are much worse simply because they have the ball in there hands way more than guys like Fisher, Bell, etc, so they can continue to use the flop successfully at a much higher rate.
SubyWill
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#22 » by SubyWill » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:12 pm

blueNorange wrote:when guys like fisher, bell, ginobli, and pierce become old and retire, gallinari will take the crown as the nba's flopper

so true. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The MVPlaya
Starter

Post#23 » by The MVPlaya » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:17 pm

And that 2nd flop was actually a foul. Perkins knew it, you could even see him telling Ray to slow down after.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,135

Post#24 » by Edrees » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:24 pm

You know you are a terrible flopper when, 5 seconds before the play happens, I can call the flop happening.
JSABleedsGreen
Junior
And1: 6

Post#25 » by JSABleedsGreen » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:35 pm

blueNorange wrote:when guys like fisher, bell, ginobli, and pierce become old and retire, gallinari will take the crown as the nba's flopper

Not if Varajeao is still around......a flooping big man....
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,819

Post#26 » by cdubbz » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:49 pm

I don't care if it's old news or what, but I'm sick of watching this kind of basketball. Sure you have to sell thing to the referees to get calls, but this is just ridiculous. Fans love hustle players because they have to work harder to do average things like rebound, dive for a loose ball, etc. I could blame the refs too, but derek fisher is playing poor basketball.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Father Time
Head Coach
And1: 467

Post#27 » by Father Time » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:54 pm

Agree w/ thread title.
"There's nothing else I can do for them. I can give them some bulls---, and act like I'm a coach or something, but it's on them." - Popovich

Secret secrets are no fun. Secret secrets hurt someone.
pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Post#28 » by pass first » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:58 pm

The MVPlaya wrote:Fish flops as bad as anyone, but it's in less dosages because he's not much of a factor offensively. And I mean, how many offensive fouls is he drawing on defense a game from flops, maybe one?

Guys like Pierce, Paul, Martin, Ginobili are much worse simply because they have the ball in there hands way more than guys like Fisher, Bell, etc, so they can continue to use the flop successfully at a much higher rate.

Disagree.

Fisher 'draws' fouls on bigs, guys like Pierce and Martin draw fouls on players like Pietrus and Artest. Also, offensive fouls are more influential on momentum imo than 2-shot fouls. And fwiw, imo most of those guys are just extreme at trying to draw fouls and selling them, Fisher otoh blatantly fakes.
The MVPlaya
Starter

Post#29 » by The MVPlaya » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:27 pm

pass first wrote:
The MVPlaya wrote:Fish flops as bad as anyone, but it's in less dosages because he's not much of a factor offensively. And I mean, how many offensive fouls is he drawing on defense a game from flops, maybe one?

Disagree.

Fisher 'draws' fouls on bigs, guys like Pierce and Martin draw fouls on players like Pietrus and Artest. Also, offensive fouls are more influential on momentum imo than 2-shot fouls. And fwiw, imo most of those guys are just extreme at trying to draw fouls and selling them, Fisher otoh blatantly fakes.

First of all, Fisher drawing fouls isn't exclusive to bigs, not sure what you're trying to sell here. Second, their is no way a player drawing 1 or 2 offensive fouls has more effect on a game than a guy going to the line to shoot 15 FT's. Third, "extreme at drawing fouls and selling them" doesn't sound any different than "blatantly faking." Are you trying to say those guys are exaggerating contact that should be a foul anyway, while Fisher just flops when nothing is there? If so, you're wrong. All of those guys flail/fall down the same way when there is little to no contact.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,946

Post#30 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:29 pm

bc legends wrote:Well known.. but players should be assessed a technical on flops. :wink:

You sure? Pierce would have a tough time staying on the court in that case.
dznutzz
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#31 » by dznutzz » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:52 pm

if you guys don't know this then you haven't been watching the nba.

also, i don't think anybody in the nba who will rather flop than make a layup
TDevilsG
Rookie
And1: 188

Post#32 » by TDevilsG » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:10 pm

Nothing surprising here. Some players literally make a living off of flopping. And why shouldn't they? The referees are just as much to blame for calling these faux fouls. Until the league takes a stand on the sensitivity of foul calling in general, there will always be players like Fisher falling down on a play and awaiting the hyper-sensitive whistle.
BooRadley
Head Coach
And1: 205

Post#33 » by BooRadley » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:15 pm

I would've knocked this fool out if he dragged me down like this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_qRhkCozqA[/youtube]
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#34 » by Dirty Water » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:22 pm

The MVPlaya wrote:And that 2nd flop was actually a foul. Perkins knew it, you could even see him telling Ray to slow down after.
It was a borderline call could go either way. You can't deny Fisher was flopping regardless...
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#35 » by Jase » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:51 pm

I'm not quite sure why this is a thread, or why Mods haven't locked it. God knows if someone made a thread about flopping about Miami (just theoretically, of course), all hell would break loose.

Objectively speaking, Pierce and Ginobili are more notorious floppers than Fisher, though Fisher does make a spectacle of himself at times.

So what? It's not news, and it's not relevant to anything.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
chelsea
Junior
And1: 0

Post#36 » by chelsea » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:57 pm

I disagree Fisher is the worst flopper in the league. For such a high volume flopper he is turrible and it's a damn shame the refs keep falling for it. Forget an Oscar how about a Razzie for this bull? When comparing his flopping to maestros like Ginobili and Bell who have honed their craft it's clear how lousy he is. Even big men like Varejao and Amare do a better job at selling fouls.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#37 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Tue Feb 1, 2011 12:02 am

This is the 2nd time where I have heard Marc Jackson steal lines from Stacy King. Get your own material you bum

Return to The General Board