NBA.com: Magic prepared to make deadline offer for Z-Bo

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Alto20
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: NBA.com: Magic prepared to make deadline offer for Z-Bo 

Post#41 » by Alto20 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:41 am

Hangtime sucks.. He always writes about new rumours that never will happen

Woj >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hangtime
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,180

Post#42 » by tsherkin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:57 am

Were this to actually happen and not be afflicted by the curse of Sam Smith, I think it'd go over pretty well for the Magic, depending on what particular parts they sent to Memphis.

But out of curiosity, what stories has he actually broken that were real?
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 325

Post#43 » by WeAreVenom » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:59 am

tsherkin wrote:Were this to actually happen and not be afflicted by the curse of Sam Smith, I think it'd go over pretty well for the Magic, depending on what particular parts they sent to Memphis.

ShelB
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#44 » by ShelB » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:12 am

If Memphis is trading Randolph, I doubt a poo poo plater of Magic bench players will get the job done. He'd go to a team with assets that Memphis can use to make the playoffs. Even the Knicks could potentially send more back.
No Offense
Assistant Coach
And1: 260

Post#45 » by No Offense » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:39 am

tsherkin wrote:Were this to actually happen and not be afflicted by the curse of Sam Smith, I think it'd go over pretty well for the Magic, depending on what particular parts they sent to Memphis.

Sam Smith is the same idiot who used a basic stat such as fouls per game to "prove" that LeBron James gets preferential treatment from refs.
Draft Master J
Banned User

Post#46 » by Draft Master J » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:56 am

Grizfan6969 wrote:Two things:

1. Memphis under no circumstances is going to trade Zach Randolph.

2. Memphis isn't going to let Randolph walk in FA.

Might as well lock this one down. Nothing more to see here.

Is there legitimate evidence to back this up or is just wishful thinking from a Grizzlies' fan.
mid-post
Analyst
And1: 70

Post#47 » by mid-post » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:18 am

Draft Master J wrote:

Is there legitimate evidence to back this up or is just wishful thinking from a Grizzlies' fan.

I don't have any "evidence" per se but it's pretty obvious to Memphis fans why those two things aren't going to happen:
1. Memphis has no reason to trade Randolph.
2. Letting Randolph walk in free agency makes no logical sense unless management is looking to completely blow up their team following a total collapse in the 2nd half of the season.
3. This was written by Sam Smith.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#48 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:41 am

Not buying it, Memphis wants to make the playoffs - you'd have to give the a lot for Zbo's rights

I see them resigning Zbo. I think what will happen is they'll clear Mayo/Thabeet together to a team like Cleveland, find a way to dump Tony Allen if it takes a pick. That'll take off 12 mil next year, add some cash in the Cle trade as well. My math says if they clear those players they can get to a 24-25 mil payroll without Zbo and Gasol. Start them at 13-15 mil each and they can keep it at a 48-50, add cheap contributers to the rest of the roster and they're probably looking at 55-58 mil. Memphis can handle that no problem, they paid 67 this year
teamgrizz
Junior
And1: 17

Post#49 » by teamgrizz » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:42 am

I'm so sick of hearing what we can't afford.

We can afford Zbo and Marc. Those two won't cost more than what Zbo, Marc and Jaric cost us this season. Jaric is coming off the books at the end of the year, so we will be fine. We will have around $40mil on the books at the beginning of the season. I'm not sure where the cap will be set to, but we will have enough to sign both players.

If anything, they should be talking about whether or not we can afford OJ. He will end up being the last guy signed (if we sign him).

Even if thats the case, you have Thabeet who you can deal to free up more money. What team in their right mind would trade arguably their best player (while winning and in the playoff hunt) ? No one, unless your getting a player at the same position that's better than him which isn't going to happen.

Its common sense. There's no need to have evidence. Just like we didn't need evidence for Rudy Gay staying.
#1 pick
Banned User

Post#50 » by #1 pick » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:43 am

Dr Mufasa wrote:Not buying it, Memphis wants to make the playoffs - you'd have to give the a lot for Zbo's rights

I see them resigning Zbo. I think what will happen is they'll clear Mayo/Thabeet together to a team like Cleveland, find a way to dump Tony Allen if it takes a pick. That'll take off 12 mil next year, add some cash in the Cle trade as well. My math says if they clear those players they can get to a 24-25 mil payroll without Zbo and Gasol. Start them at 13-15 mil each and they can keep it at a 48-50, add cheap contributers to the rest of the roster and they're probably looking at 55-58 mil. Memphis can handle that no problem, they paid 67 this year

Tony Allen is going nowhere. He's a major need. They need to keep Allen and Young.
Piecake
Assistant Coach
And1: 264

Post#51 » by Piecake » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:45 am

I really dont see why Orlando needs to upgrade its PF position. Bass and Anderson are good players. No reason to mortgage your future and your team for ZBO
Scouta
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#52 » by Scouta » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:49 am

Say bye-bye to Dwight Orlando, all thanks to Otis being a completely useless moron.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#53 » by jefe » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:13 am

And I'm sure the Grizz are equally prepared to make a deadline offer for Dwight - doesn't mean it's going to happen though.
Grizfan6969
Junior
And1: 44

Post#54 » by Grizfan6969 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:06 am

Draft Master J wrote:

As a knowledgable Grizzlies fan I'll see if this is enough to suffice for you.

First on the Trading Zach Randolph front. Zbo is the #1 option on a team which has a 22-12 record since December 8th and also has the 3rd best record in the NBA since Christmas. The Grizzlies currently stand like 2.5 games out of the 6th seed (the last time I checked, it could be slightly more/less...don't feel like checking) Mike Heisley (Grizz owner) guaranteed that this team would make the playoffs before the season started. This is the 3rd year of the proclaimed "Three Year Plan". Heisley came up with it.

In the last year of his plan, he said that this team would make the playoffs. He isn't going to trade the best player on a highly competitive team in the middle of a playoff race.

On the signing or not signing Randolph front, Heisley also came out and said that he is committed to the core of young talent on this team (Conley/Mayo/Gay/Randolph/Gasol). Almost every NBA fan and mainstream media member thought Heisley was gonna let Rudy walk for nothing. It didn't happen. And a few months later, he paid Conley. He's came through on the first 2/5 of his promise, and he's going to come through on the rest because this is HIS plan. He just started taking the "top dawg" status for personnel decisions the past 2-3 years.

He is going to make sure that his plan is going to work. He was the main force behind the Zach Randolph trade. He loves the guy and he is committed to keeping him in Memphis.

Good enough?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#55 » by Coxy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:18 am

Sam Smith. Biggest.Douche.Ever.
TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#56 » by TruSkool » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:20 am

this signing would have the capability of putting the magic over the top....maybeeee
lilojmayo
Veteran
And1: 356

Post#57 » by lilojmayo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:17 am

Grizfan6969 wrote:
Draft Master J wrote:

As a knowledgable Grizzlies fan I'll see if this is enough to suffice for you.

First on the Trading Zach Randolph front. Zbo is the #1 option on a team which has a 22-12 record since December 8th and also has the 3rd best record in the NBA since Christmas. The Grizzlies currently stand like 2.5 games out of the 6th seed (the last time I checked, it could be slightly more/less...don't feel like checking) Mike Heisley (Grizz owner) guaranteed that this team would make the playoffs before the season started. This is the 3rd year of the proclaimed "Three Year Plan". Heisley came up with it.

In the last year of his plan, he said that this team would make the playoffs. He isn't going to trade the best player on a highly competitive team in the middle of a playoff race.

On the signing or not signing Randolph front, Heisley also came out and said that he is committed to the core of young talent on this team (Conley/Mayo/Gay/Randolph/Gasol). Almost every NBA fan and mainstream media member thought Heisley was gonna let Rudy walk for nothing. It didn't happen. And a few months later, he paid Conley. He's came through on the first 2/5 of his promise, and he's going to come through on the rest because this is HIS plan. He just started taking the "top dawg" status for personnel decisions the past 2-3 years.

He is going to make sure that his plan is going to work. He was the main force behind the Zach Randolph trade. He loves the guy and he is committed to keeping him in Memphis.

Good enough?

Stop Grizz fans. OJ Mayo is not part of the team's core anymore all thanks to Hollins. Heisley wants OJ to be , but Hollins has done his best to alienate OJ to the put where Mayo is lucky to see 20 minutes on the floor each night.

Mayo is as good as gone next week, good as gone.
OJ Mayo , Michael Jordan , Allen Iverson.
Grizfan6969
Junior
And1: 44

Post#58 » by Grizfan6969 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:41 pm

lilojmayo wrote:Mayo is as good as gone next week, good as gone.

Wanna bet?
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#59 » by sisibilio » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:57 pm

#1 pick wrote:
Dr Mufasa wrote:Not buying it, Memphis wants to make the playoffs - you'd have to give the a lot for Zbo's rights

Tony Allen is going nowhere. He's a major need. They need to keep Allen and Young.

Meh, Young is very expendable. He's been good lately but Henry should take his spot in the rotation sooner or later.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
ThreeYearPlan
Banned User

Post#60 » by ThreeYearPlan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:28 pm

sisibilio wrote:
#1 pick wrote:Tony Allen is going nowhere. He's a major need. They need to keep Allen and Young.

Meh, Young is very expendable. He's been good lately but Henry should take his spot in the rotation sooner or later.

Henry belongs in the d-league

Return to The General Board