Walsh brilliant big 3 plan - to bad Isiah messed it up

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

rjvir
Sophomore
And1: 1

Re: Walsh brilliant big 3 plan - to bad Isiah messed it up 

Post#41 » by rjvir » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Magic24 wrote:I don't get the beg deal about Walsh either. What did he do in Indy? What has he done in NY besides having a fire sale in hopes of attracting Lebron or Wade? Hell Pat did what the Knicks tried to do in less time. Pat was at least quite about his plans unlike Walsh, which in turn let teams strip the Knicks of their picks. Hell, Pat had enough for almost 3 max players and he had all his picks and the Raptors pick b4 he had the big 3 signed.

Master plan my ***, dude failed when he couldn't get Wade or Lebron. Threw the most money at Stat, so they got him. This Melo trade was great for the Knicks, if Walsh wasn't ready to make this move, I think even less of him now..

To be fair, Riley didn't start with the colossal mess Walsh did when he joined in 2008. The Knicks were not only one of the worst teams in the league, but they also had the highest payroll, very few draft picks, and extremely unmotivated players without a single superstar. The fact that Walsh turned it around in 2 years is extremely impressive.

Before the whole Carmelo mess messed up the team psychologically, the Knicks were actually doing pretty well, with Amare close to getting an MVP nod ahead of both Lebron and Wade. Arguably, Amare is a better leader and centerpiece for a team than Lebron or Wade is. By signing Amare, drafting Gallinari and Fields, getting rid of several bad contracts, and negotiating a short-term deal with Raymond Felton, Walsh turned around the laughingstock of the NBA into a legitimate playoff team with a ton of capspace - it isn't hard to see why many respect him.
djay wrote:Name me another center that can dominate offensively more Prime Yao? Perhaps Kareem but I put Yao 7'6 hook over Kareem skyhook any day.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#42 » by Mamba Venom » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:21 am

I thought it was an interesting theory.

Regardless, the people of New York should pass a bill to prevent Isiah from being part of the Knicks. He didn't just ruin the team, he had all that embarrassing court stuff with the girls and Marb.

it's a shame the NY isn't trusting the guy that fixed the team in 2 seasons.

I watched Conan last night because Melo was on and Conan asked Melo if he prefers a DENVER omelet, or NEW JERSEY clam chowder or a MANHATTAN steak. Melo said the DENVER omelet. Lots of good ingredients. But they could use one more. Comedy gold.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#43 » by Mamba Venom » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:24 am

Also this. Go Nenverk!

:lol:
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Kobe>Jordan>God
Analyst
And1: 872

Post#44 » by Kobe>Jordan>God » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:29 am

Trade pieces for CP3, sign Melo as free agent.

Vs.

Trade pieces for Melo, sign CP3 as free agent.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#45 » by Luigi » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:23 am

Could this have worked with Williams?

I'm not sure Utah would have wanted what NY was offering, but it's an interesting thought.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.

Return to The General Board