Anthony Carter's No Trade Clause

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Vitamin
Senior
And1: 0

Anthony Carter's No Trade Clause 

Post#1 » by Vitamin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:37 pm

He should have definitely used it, now in NY he will see no playing time since he'll become the 4th string PG.

Also, just for the lulz man. Sorta like how Devean George used his back in the Jason Kidd/Devin Harris trade.

For the lulz.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: Anthony Carter's No Trade Clause 

Post#2 » by Nolan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:42 pm

He definitely should of pulled a Devean George, I would of done it.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#3 » by magnumt » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:46 pm

You do realize that they'd likely have just re-worked him out of it (regarding holding up the deal), right? ;)

Also, he may not be out of the Rotation in NY. Douglas is the only real backup PG right now, and he's more of a combo-Guard.

Depending on any followup Trades (if any), AC may be able to sniff the court (not saying it's certain, but it's a possibility).

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Vitamin wrote:He should have definitely used it, now in NY he will see no playing time since he'll become the 4th string PG.

Also, just for the lulz man. Sorta like how Devean George used his back in the Jason Kidd/Devin Harris trade.

For the lulz.

Why? So, owners can come together, and force Anthony Carter into retirement at the end of the season? Anthony is most likely just grateful to still be in the league.

Since he agreed to the trade I won't be surprised if a team signs him to the minimum during the off-season.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#5 » by Death Knight » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:14 pm

magnumt wrote:You do realize that they'd likely have just re-worked him out of it (regarding holding up the deal), right? ;)

That's more than enough for the lulz.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,947

Post#6 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:40 pm

HMFFL wrote:
Vitamin wrote:He should have definitely used it, now in NY he will see no playing time since he'll become the 4th string PG.

For the lulz.

Why? So, owners can come together, and force Anthony Carter into retirement at the end of the season? Anthony is most likely just grateful to still be in the league.

Since he agreed to the trade I won't be surprised if a team signs him to the minimum during the off-season.

I'd be surprised anyone signs him, besides Denver. AC shouldn't be in the league, should have never started in Denver, but Karl had some weird obsession with him. He is a really bad player.

With Ty and Felton, I doubt AC would have gotten any minutes in Denver, so why block the trade? Losing his birdrights, doesn't change any future deal he could get.

Return to The General Board