Are the NY Knicks the scariest team in NBA?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Re: Are the NY Knicks the scariest team in NBA? 

Post#161 » by 6_Rings » Sat Mar 5, 2011 2:49 pm

we want people to not fear the Bulls. we want you to.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#162 » by Dupp » Sat Mar 5, 2011 2:55 pm

Paeds wrote:
Mingstar wrote:dude when you lose to cavs u cant be scariest team

Guess The NBA Champ Lakers arent a scary team

fixed
OscarMayer
Rookie
And1: 10

Post#163 » by OscarMayer » Sat Mar 5, 2011 3:03 pm

Miami ends #3 and NY ends #6. NY beats Miami in the first round, and Lebron gets eliminated before the Cavaliers playoff run in the last years. Karma is such a b'tch. Wait and See.
PapeSowish
Assistant Coach
And1: 637

Post#164 » by PapeSowish » Sat Mar 5, 2011 3:29 pm

(sorta OT) question for knick fans:

Do any of you miss your old team? not necessarily regarding if they were worse/better but just the overall style and personality of the team. It was essentially beast amare surrounded by some excellent roleplayers. It was fun watching because this was the team that was making NY relevant again. Although this team wasn't close to being contenders, do any of you wish that you could have grown with them instead of cleaning house just for Carmelo&Billups?

As a basketball fan in general, I was happy to see NY at least in playoff contention as well as providing entertaining games consistently. Now when I watch them, I feel like the heart of the original team just isnt there any more.
MSGLegendNY
Starter
And1: 75

Post#165 » by MSGLegendNY » Sat Mar 5, 2011 4:21 pm

PapeSowish wrote:(sorta OT) question for knick fans:

Do any of you miss your old team? not necessarily regarding if they were worse/better but just the overall style and personality of the team. It was essentially beast amare surrounded by some excellent roleplayers. It was fun watching because this was the team that was making NY relevant again. Although this team wasn't close to being contenders, do any of you wish that you could have grown with them instead of cleaning house just for Carmelo&Billups?

As a basketball fan in general, I was happy to see NY at least in playoff contention as well as providing entertaining games consistently. Now when I watch them, I feel like the heart of the original team just isnt there any more.

We realized we couldn't attach ourselves to players who would of never gotten us a ring with the way we were. Sure we were back to relevancy but only at .500 ball. We know this move is for the better and trust me there is still a lot of heart in this team. Remember Miami's horrible start? well they had that with training camp and pre-season games. We have had nothing but a few practices and real games! As you can see our offense is phenomenal, we have been averaging over 100 points a game with Melo which shows he and STAT can get it done together on the offensive side of the court. But everyone knows our true problem is on the defensive end.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#166 » by coldfish » Sat Mar 5, 2011 4:25 pm

Paeds wrote:
Mingstar wrote:dude when you lose to cavs u cant be scariest team

Guess The World Champ Lakers arent a scary team

LA is 1-1 versus Cleveland with the win being by 55 points. NY is 0-3 versus Cleveland. A little difference there.

Regardless, this is what 0.500 teams do. Some times they beat good teams and some times they lose to bad teams. I don't think that people should put a ton of stock in a few regular season games or the record against one particular opponent. Flukes happen.

If NY is going to be scary in the playoffs, they need to start consistently winning games. Right now, they are 31-29 overall and 3-3 with Carmelo.

IMHO, next year is going to be NY's year. They need a center and better depth and then they are going to be a legit threat. Maybe a new coach too.
PapeSowish
Assistant Coach
And1: 637

Post#167 » by PapeSowish » Sat Mar 5, 2011 4:38 pm

MSGLegendNY wrote:
PapeSowish wrote:(sorta OT) question for knick fans:

We realized we couldn't attach ourselves to players who would of never gotten us a ring with the way we were. Sure we were back to relevancy but only at .500 ball. We know this move is for the better and trust me there is still a lot of heart in this team. Remember Miami's horrible start? well they had that with training camp and pre-season games. We have had nothing but a few practices and real games! As you can see our offense is phenomenal, we have been averaging over 100 points a game with Melo which shows he and STAT can get it done together on the offensive side of the court. But everyone knows our true problem is on the defensive end.

thanks for your response, looking forward to seeing how it all plays out with the tough schedule up a head for NY.
Bergy
Pro Prospect
And1: 22

Post#168 » by Bergy » Sat Mar 5, 2011 4:43 pm

I read the title and my only reaction was "Why?"
dznutzz
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#169 » by dznutzz » Sat Mar 5, 2011 7:05 pm

they need some time to gel together. also their bench is depleted. i don't see them winning it all this year
big_ticket
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#170 » by big_ticket » Sun Mar 6, 2011 1:51 am

cavs aint scared on the new look knicks,time will tell melo and amare will not gell well,
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#171 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Mar 6, 2011 1:56 am

waya wrote:This man will make sure we don't lose.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m_bYheru24&feature=feedu[/youtube]

Before the game there was all this talk of payback. Last time they took us for granted. Then afterward folks were saying that the Knicks haven't had a chance to play together enough. Well, Carter says that they were going to be ready for the Cavs.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#173 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 6, 2011 11:35 pm

NYK 455 wrote:We shouldn't scare any top seed. We're poorly constructed with no depth, and play no defense.

This.

Real Knick fans know this already.
Go to the Knicks board to see how we really feel.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#174 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 6, 2011 11:39 pm

ElTuco84 wrote:With D'Anthoni on board they aren't going nowhere, and the sad thing is the Knicks have good defensive role players in their roster.

Our coach don't know it though.............
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#176 » by DanTown8587 » Mon Mar 7, 2011 12:04 am

The Knicks now match up better with the Heat post trade deadline because they have two guys who can score to combat the Heat's two (I would say Bosh but Wade and James don't really pass).

But the Bulls can now matchup BETTER end of game with Boozer not having to guard Wilson Chandler (a matchup the Knicks exploited in the Christmas game) and Boston getting Jeff Green to guard Carmelo Anthony and allow Pierce to guard the 5th Knick.

NY is a year or two away from being elite unless they absolutely get a home run of a draft pick in the end of Rd 1 in what amounts to a bad draft.

Return to The General Board