Kelvin Sampson As Wolves Potential HC?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Kelvin Sampson As Wolves Potential HC? 

Post#1 » by dlts20 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:59 pm

please forgive me if this has already been talked about. If so you can lock it or merge it.

If you know me then you know that Im no straight laced guy and Im all about 2nd chances. However, something about this just rubs me the wrong way. It seems like everyone in College now cheats but this guy had a blatant disrespect about it. It rubbed me the wrong way when he got a Pro job as an Assistant so fast and now he might be there next HC?

Obviously the guy has been good in College and must have a real likeability factor with him but still. It just seems like he's been rewarded too much for cheating. I mean, its nothing new in some regard because the College coaches in all sports seem to skate free but this is bothering me for some reason. Again, at the same time I think he should get a 2nd chance so I wouldnt mind seeing him get it but I just thought he should have to work a little harder for it and maybe it comes 2 or 3 more years down the line
Kayjay
Banned User
And1: 180

Re: Kelvin Sampson As Wolves Potential HC? 

Post#2 » by Kayjay » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:53 pm

recruiting violations, for me, have no bearing on how good he is at teaching basketball to pros. every report out of milwaukee's sung his praises for being this awesome player development guy, and if there's anything minnesota needs, it's that.
Indy2thaWindy
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#3 » by Indy2thaWindy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:00 pm

What is Minnesota doin? He's terrible. :rofl:
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#4 » by C.lupus » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn denied a report Saturday on CBSSports.com that coach Kurt Rambis, in the second year of a four-year contract, will be fired after the season and replaced by Milwaukee Bucks assistant coach Kelvin Sampson.

"The notion of Kelvin Sampson is completely false," Kahn said, relaying his comments through Wolves media relations director Mike Cristaldi. "That report is not true in all aspects."
Rambis said he heard of the report but had not read it and dismissed the prediction of his imminent firing because of the use of unnamed sources.

"I don't comment on things I haven't read, and I never comment on things that cowards say," Rambis said before heading to the team's charter flight to Oakland. "If somebody wants to say something and attach their name to it, that's another matter. Rumors are out there all the time. Anybody can start a rumor, but if they don't attach their name to it, they're a coward."

The report surfaced at a time when his team might be playing its best ball of the season. The Wolves (17-50) have won their past two games by an average of 23.5 points over Utah and Indiana, two teams battling for playoff spots.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,856

Post#5 » by Klomp » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:08 pm

C.lupus wrote:
Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn denied a report Saturday on CBSSports.com that coach Kurt Rambis, in the second year of a four-year contract, will be fired after the season and replaced by Milwaukee Bucks assistant coach Kelvin Sampson.

"The notion of Kelvin Sampson is completely false," Kahn said, relaying his comments through Wolves media relations director Mike Cristaldi. "That report is not true in all aspects."
Rambis said he heard of the report but had not read it and dismissed the prediction of his imminent firing because of the use of unnamed sources.

"I don't comment on things I haven't read, and I never comment on things that cowards say," Rambis said before heading to the team's charter flight to Oakland. "If somebody wants to say something and attach their name to it, that's another matter. Rumors are out there all the time. Anybody can start a rumor, but if they don't attach their name to it, they're a coward."

The report surfaced at a time when his team might be playing its best ball of the season. The Wolves (17-50) have won their past two games by an average of 23.5 points over Utah and Indiana, two teams battling for playoff spots.

Provide a link next time, lupus... :wink:
http://www.twincities.com/ci_17602032
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jeff23
Lead Assistant
And1: 245

Post#6 » by Jeff23 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:16 pm

I think they need a coaching change, but Sampson is not the right guy at all.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#7 » by C.lupus » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Klomp wrote:Provide a link next time, lupus... :wink:
http://www.twincities.com/ci_17602032

I meant to but I was having issues posting from my phone. :oops:

Return to The General Board