April 10th Game Thread

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Krodis
Lead Assistant
And1: 599

Re: April 10th Game Thread 

Post#941 » by Krodis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:32 am

I don't know if Westbrook is a "good" 3 point shooter yet (I agree with the small sample size sentiment), but it is encouraging that he seems to at least made it somewhat of a weapon, and I would be really happy if he turned some of those pull up mid range shots into pull up threes.
bbms
Analyst
And1: 532

Post#942 » by bbms » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:32 am

fallacy wrote:
bbms wrote:
fallacy wrote:
I mean a whole year at 34% isn't a small sample size. That would be like saying rose is still an awful 3pt shooter because he's only had one full year at shooting 33% from 3

Rose shots much more threes than Westbrook.

and that's a good thing?

Same percentages, higher volume.You tell me.
fallacy
RealGM
And1: 607

Post#943 » by fallacy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:32 am

Cavemold wrote:The starters and LO need start the 4th come playoff time. I think the lakers bench is weaker than last year lakers team.. And collison should not be out rebounding gasol

maybe perk was right 8-)
**** Ron Artest
**** Marco Belinelli
Stephen Jackson aint bout dis lyfe
Patrick Beverly deserves to have his knee ripped to pieces
ThreeYearPlan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#944 » by ThreeYearPlan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:33 am

I hope OKC can get that 2nd or 3rd seed
fallacy
RealGM

Post#945 » by fallacy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:33 am

bbms wrote:
fallacy wrote:
bbms wrote:Rose shots much more threes than Westbrook.

and that's a good thing?

You want someone that's shooting 33% shooting 6 threes a game? I sure as hell don't want westbrook throwing it up that many times a night
**** Ron Artest
**** Marco Belinelli
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,056

Post#946 » by slick_watts » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:34 am

fallacy wrote:Russ is never going to take that many 3 pointers. This is the sample size we'll always have.

Um. No it isn't. He'll shoot more as his career goes on and we'll see how good he is.

100 3PA is nothing. You can have a hot streak shooting so rarely (as Russ has) and bump up your 3P% beyond what it probably should be.

I love the Thunder and Russ but come on... you're making us look bad. :oops:
Krodis
Lead Assistant
And1: 599

Post#947 » by Krodis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:35 am

bbms wrote:
fallacy wrote:
bbms wrote:Rose shots much more threes than Westbrook.

and that's a good thing?

At that percentage, I'd say Rose takes too many threes.
fallacy
RealGM

Post#948 » by fallacy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:35 am

slick_watts wrote:
fallacy wrote:Russ is never going to take that many 3 pointers. This is the sample size we'll always have.

Um. No it isn't. He'll shoot more as his career goes on and we'll see how good he is.

100 3PA is nothing. You can have a hot streak shooting so rarely (as Russ has) and bump up your 3P% beyond what it probably should be.

I love the Thunder and Russ but come on... you're making us look bad. :oops:

I was just going by this season, but if you go by his full sample size (career) yes he is a bad 3pt shooter.
**** Ron Artest
**** Marco Belinelli
Cavemold
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#949 » by Cavemold » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:39 am

Westbrook is decent at the 3 but he's Alot more effective driving the lane. If I were Westbrook I would leave the 3ball to KD. He's much better off for him and his team driving the lane. He so dam quick.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,409

Post#950 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:02 am

5ickwithitxx wrote:
The Skyhook wrote:
Storm Surge wrote:Perk is the key to beating the Lakers, too bad Boston traded him away

Not really.

he kinda is.....

Judging by the Perk love on the GB, I'd guess most people consider him to now be the greatest C of all time? I'd personally rank him ahead of Shaq, Wilt, and Hakeem, combined.
nitric0
RealGM
And1: 1,352

Post#951 » by nitric0 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:26 am

Seriously. Screw Dwight, Perkins is the most valuable center in the NBA :lol:
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#952 » by jeff1624 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:00 am

UssjTrunks wrote:
5ickwithitxx wrote:
The Skyhook wrote:Not really.

he kinda is.....

Judging by the Perk love on the GB, I'd guess most people consider him to now be the greatest C of all time? I'd personally rank him ahead of Shaq, Wilt, and Hakeem, combined.

:lol: It's ridiculous.

People refuse to take into account the fact that perkins had only played 12 games for the Celtics this season... and they held the number 1 seed for 90% of the season. People also refuse to acknowledge that this is the same team that had the #4 seed last year, turned it up in the playoffs and came within 3 minutes of another championship with a one legged Garnett.

All this talk of ''Defensive anchor'' is hilarious to say the least... Garnett is the anchor.. always has been, always will be.
Dat Leadership
Dr Pepper
Assistant Coach
And1: 339

Post#953 » by Dr Pepper » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:42 pm

jeff1624 wrote:
lol: It's ridiculous.

People refuse to take into account the fact that perkins had only played 12 games for the Celtics this season... and they held the number 1 seed for 90% of the season. People also refuse to acknowledge that this is the same team that had the #4 seed last year, turned it up in the playoffs and came within 3 minutes of another championship with a one legged Garnett.

All this talk of ''Defensive anchor'' is hilarious to say the least... Garnett is the anchor.. always has been, always will be.

People acknowledge that the Celtics Big 4 can win in the regular season even with a bunch of scrubs and even if they're not healthy. Posts like yours put way too much stock in regular season wins imo.

There's a pretty big difference in regular season and playoffs and Perkins game shines for the latter. Paired with KG the Celtics had one of the best defensive frontcourts in the entire league if not THE best. In addition to defense Perkins was a huge intangibles piece and a solid roleplayer and you need those players to win in the postseason. Making a huge trade midway in the season like the Celtics did risks their chemistry, defense, and chances at a title and they might not even be able to keep Green anyway.
Kobe vs MJ "Clone Wars" NBA.com video:

Frosty wrote:Funny this is called Clone Wars because Kobe is like the second installment of the Star Wars series. It looked like Star Wars but came up short. But it did appeal to the kiddies.

Return to The General Board