Are the Grizzlies better without Rudy Gay ?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Are the Grizzlies better without Rudy Gay ?

Yes
42%
No
58%

Total votes: 81

Wind
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Are the Grizzlies better without Rudy Gay ? 

Post#41 » by Wind » Sun May 1, 2011 10:40 pm

Storm Surge wrote:They may be marginally better but not by much. Rudy Gay has good stats but is one of those guys where impact is not equal to his stats. That's why he is overpaid.

This

I remember Sacramento Kings some years ago. Webber was injured most of the year but they were playing really good with Stojakovic bordering MVP level. Webber came back and the team sank and evetually lost to Timberwolves. Grizzlies got a new balance now and trying to insert Gay now would be just a stupid move.

Another example: Jameer Nelson at the finals. He didn't play the playoffs cause he was injured and then Van Gundy played him at the finals. He hurt his team big time.
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#42 » by darth_federer » Sun May 1, 2011 10:44 pm

No they arent. Rudy Gay is a good player.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGJhj2IE8i4[/youtube]

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#43 » by TheNewEra » Sun May 1, 2011 10:53 pm

walltotherescue wrote:
peja_the_legend wrote:yes they are.Gay brings nothin but questionable shot selection,poor defense and some impressive but ultimately meaningless dunks.Gay would never fit in the team ball they've displayed so far against Spurs.He's a glorified chucker

I agree with this post. Rudy Gay takes away shots from Marc Gasol who has been absolutely killing it so far in the postseason, which is why they're in the second round and leading the series 1-0 against the Thunder. Their ball movement is crazy good right now and I think that aspect of their offense would get worse with Gay playing, who isn't a very good passer and has questionable shot selection.

People said the same thing about Z-Bo the Grizz need Rudy Gay. I see them especially needing him if they face the LAkers. Paul Gasol and Bynum are a dynamic duo on both ends like Randloph and Gasol so it would come down to perimeter scoring and Rudy Gay would help fill the bill.
supermario
Analyst
And1: 244

Post#44 » by supermario » Sun May 1, 2011 10:56 pm

Absolutly not.
Azsports77
Pro Prospect
And1: 226

Post#45 » by Azsports77 » Mon May 2, 2011 12:55 am

Yeah Rudy Gay has to big a contract Memphis will not be able to trade him because he is injured If next season he plays up to that contract then you could trade him but lets face it Rudy Gay won't live up to the contract he was overpaid. One of the dumb things the Grizzlies front office did that may not allow them to sign Marc Gasol to a new contract.
orangeparka
Head Coach
And1: 187

Post#46 » by orangeparka » Mon May 2, 2011 1:56 am

God no. Give Gay Sam Young and OJ's minutes. He's clearly better than both.

Also, Gay has made strides this year. His shot selection is way up, his assists are at a career high, and his defense has improved.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#47 » by boogydown » Mon May 2, 2011 2:54 am

They would be better with Rudy Gay. No question about it.

I'm happy for Memphis though. So many years of failure on an owner who doesn't know what he is doing but wants to win. Memphis doesn't have much going for them so hopefully this is something that will spark some excitement down in Tennessee.
lilojmayo
Veteran
And1: 356

Post#48 » by lilojmayo » Mon May 2, 2011 7:31 am

Give the Grizzlies a lot of credit. They drafted and made trades for big time talents and potentials.

They can literally package whoever they please ( 100% sure OJ will be a name involved) and bring in a legit current superstar top 5 player.

Gay+ Mayo+ picks for Dwight
Marc+ Mayo + Picks for Dwight
Conley+Gay + Picks for Cp3
Conley+Mayo+ Picks+ Henry for Cp3
Conley+ Gasol + Picks for CP3 and West

But at the end of the day I feel like they are content with what they have, and will allow OJ to go to a place where he can start and just ask for lottery pick and a backup talent big man or PG.
OJ Mayo , Michael Jordan , Allen Iverson.

Return to The General Board