Anyone opinon of Christopher Bosh changed as of late?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

SheedsWeed
RealGM
And1: 0

Re: Anyone opinon of Christopher Bosh changed as of late? 

Post#41 » by SheedsWeed » Wed May 4, 2011 8:46 pm

stephanieg wrote:In Simmons podcast yesterday Windhorst pointed out that there's a weird locker room split because LeBron and Wade like to go clubbing together and Bosh prefers to go home early and is a nerdy bookworm who spends a lot of time on the computer and fancies himself as a wine aficionado. I wish I never heard that since now I kinda want to root for Bosh.

Wow, really? For some reason I like him more now. Not that I hated him before, but I had the impression he was more of a "follower."
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,273

Post#42 » by Raps in 4 » Wed May 4, 2011 8:46 pm

MLSE wrote:
We-Are-Lasers wrote:Is Amare still better :lol: ?

Obviously, Why would that change?

They're the same.

They both think they're SFs.
They both can't play defence.
They're both overpaid.
MrHidden
Suspended
And1: 14

Post#43 » by MrHidden » Wed May 4, 2011 8:54 pm

UssjTrunks wrote:
MLSE wrote:

They're the same.

They both think they're SFs. Hell no, maybe Amare, but bosh ...
They both can't play defence. Bosh play good defense
They're both overpaid.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#44 » by MaceCase » Wed May 4, 2011 9:01 pm

stephanieg wrote:In Simmons podcast yesterday Windhorst pointed out that there's a weird locker room split because LeBron and Wade like to go clubbing together and Bosh prefers to go home early and is a nerdy bookworm who spends a lot of time on the computer and fancies himself as a wine aficionado. I wish I never heard that since now I kinda want to root for Bosh.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc7oYzhEu10&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,819

Post#45 » by TheRealDeal » Wed May 4, 2011 9:05 pm

The Heat need to re-evaluate the way they use Bosh over the summer. I watched 7 years of Bosh in Toronto and have a ton of faith in him as a great #2-3 guy. The old Bosh has been appearing more as of late but the Heat need that consistently if they're serious about winning 70+ games & multiple titles. I can't put all the blame on Bosh because he's proven his abilities in the past. I'm not sure what happened but the coaching/gameplan and his own mentality may have been holding him back. Nobody wants to take shots from Wade or Bron but it's much easier for Miami to dominate with three stars feeling it.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,695

Post#46 » by Benedict_Boozer » Wed May 4, 2011 9:10 pm

I could see this being true and agree with the poster that said it made them like him better, props to Bosh for being his own man, at least off the court.

It's also interesting how Bosh does his own press conferences, and LBJ/Wade do theirs together...
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#47 » by SweetTouch » Wed May 4, 2011 9:12 pm

These things were answered a week into the regular reason..
Stop being so disrespectful.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#48 » by Mamba Venom » Wed May 4, 2011 9:15 pm

Jeff23 wrote:RealGM is so "what have you done for me lately".

Isnt the whole world?
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
KB24TBOTB
RealGM
And1: 329

Post#49 » by KB24TBOTB » Wed May 4, 2011 9:34 pm

tmac4real wrote:neutralizing garnett which is good. Garnett is the reason they are losing. Rondo is playing well, allen and pierce are getting theres, allen is shooting monstrous percentages. Garnett is the only one who's sucking out of big 4 and bosh is part of resaon for that

Pierce hasn't been playing well at all
JWiLL02
RealGM
And1: 2,443

Post#50 » by JWiLL02 » Wed May 4, 2011 9:41 pm

Bosh has been a great player since his second season in the league, this isn't new.

It's pretty obvious why he caught the flak he did this season: people needed a target to dissect on the Heat, and as much as you may hate Wade & LeBron as people (though who really hates Wade?), it's absolutely impossible to bash their on court games. Bosh was an easy target.

He didn't help his case by whining to the media and crying after games, but still.
*Sig courtesy of Raptors' royalty 'Turbozone'. http://www.turbozone.ca"
JNelson43
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#51 » by JNelson43 » Wed May 4, 2011 9:43 pm

I enjoyed poking fun at Bosh, but my opinion of him as a player hasn't changed. He's a good player, capable of being a #1 option on mediocre teams, he'd make a very, very good second option and is a great player as a third option.

So the whole extremely negative reaction to him, I've never really gotten that... so my opinion hasn't really changed.
We-Are-Lasers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#52 » by We-Are-Lasers » Wed May 4, 2011 9:45 pm

MLSE wrote:

Bosh can actually play defense and is a little cheaper ;). Plus third option and getting 18 ppg isn't something to shy away from either.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#53 » by Showtime:Part2 » Wed May 4, 2011 9:47 pm

bosh was the scapegoat for lebron/wade jock riders and apologists. theyre quiet now bc the heat are winning. but don't be surprised to see miami fans trash bosh the second miami loses a game or two.
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
We-Are-Lasers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#54 » by We-Are-Lasers » Wed May 4, 2011 9:50 pm

Showtime:Part2 wrote:bosh was the scapegoat for lebron/wade jock riders and apologists. theyre quiet now bc the heat are winning. but don't be surprised to see miami fans trash bosh the second miami loses a game or two.

Go to the Heat board.. some guy already started after game one of Boston :lol: :lol:
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,088

Post#55 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Wed May 4, 2011 9:55 pm

Hypz wrote:Here in Toronto, we develop 2nd and 3rd men for Championship teams. Our next asset for sale fresh off the assembly line is Andrea Bargnani. Top bidder gets him.

Bargnani is at best a mediocre 6th man on a contender. More likely he'll get a ring the way Darko got one, if he ever does. What a flawed player.
Jeff23
Lead Assistant
And1: 245

Post#56 » by Jeff23 » Wed May 4, 2011 11:08 pm

Mamba Venom wrote:
Jeff23 wrote:RealGM is so "what have you done for me lately".

Isnt the whole world?

actually yes.
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#57 » by Jase » Wed May 4, 2011 11:09 pm

He hasn't really done anything differently for me to have a different perception of him.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
JonnyF
Junior

Post#58 » by JonnyF » Wed May 4, 2011 11:36 pm

Showtime:Part2 wrote:bosh was the scapegoat for lebron/wade jock riders and apologists. theyre quiet now bc the heat are winning. but don't be surprised to see miami fans trash bosh the second miami loses a game or two.

That reminds me of another superstar and elite PF down in LA..

My opinion of Bosh hasn't changed. Great as a third option, isn't a superstar. I always thought of the Heat as the Big 2. He's been playing well lately, though.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#59 » by LApwnd » Wed May 4, 2011 11:42 pm

tmac4real wrote:He was acting and playing like a little girl during the regular season, or earlier during the regular season, with his oscar worthy performance on Boozer as a good example, however as of late I have started to I don't know, so weird to say this, respect Chris Bosh?

He's playing hard and playing very well, especially against his alleged "father" Kevin Garnett?

In the playoffs so far:

18 PPG 10 RPG 1 SPG 1.3 BPG

nice stat, but he's not averaging that against bos, thats misleading as it would suggest he is actually playing well against them. Mia current wins are ALL on Wade/James shoulders with a slight exception to J.Jones in gm 1.
XSnipes
Banned User

Post#60 » by XSnipes » Wed May 4, 2011 11:55 pm

He went 17/11 last game so yeah, he's doing alright. +11 +/- too.

Return to The General Board