Official [2]Lakers vs [3]Mavericks 2nd Round Discussion #2

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Harry_Seaward
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Official [2]Lakers vs [3]Mavericks 2nd Round Discussion #2 

Post#1661 » by Harry_Seaward » Sat May 7, 2011 4:52 am

I am getting the same vibe from the Lakers losing as on Sunday night when I heard we capped Bin Laden. It was a mixture of HOLY SH*T, with a dusting of, IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#1662 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat May 7, 2011 4:52 am

thamadkant wrote:This is response to Showtime_Part 2

Your an idiot if you think Gasol is as quick as Dirk...
(1) Dirk is a face up PF, meaning he uses his first step against slow 7 footers. Gasol is not slow, but he isnt quick. Don't confuse Gasol's spin moves and his IQ (Up fake around the 3 feet range) as QUICKNESS.

(2) Gasol has ALWAYS been soft, but he made up for it for being a very very skilled 7 footer who has tremendous IQ. He is a very rebounder and shot alterer for someone soft isnt he?

(3) You really think Gasol isnt trying hard? They are in the semi-finals, are you sure he isnt trying hard? whats he got to win by NOT trying hard? He is simply outmatched.
Lamar Odom is better defender on Dirk due to him being quick and agile, but Odom isnt long enough to contest a 7 foot jump shooter who can put the ball down. And Odom isnt really known to be a very physical player.

(4) Where's the blame on Kobe?.... 17 points on 16 shots... have become a JUMP SHOOTER instead of his usual multi-facet attacker.

If you are looking for excuses, LOOK at the back court of the Lakers.... thats were the slack is.

um, dirk isn't that quick. he's got a great mid range game. that means he backs in a couple times spins and fades and knocks down the j. you won't ever see him blowing by dudes for dunks. gasol should be able to stay with him laterally.

do tell, how has his rebounding been in the playoffs? you're calling him a shot alterer? have you watched the playoffs? he was ok in the regular season but his defense has been horrendous in the playoffs.

i agree odom is quicker. gasol has regressed massively defensively from last year to this year. what else can it be other than effort? last two years he was an elite post defender. hell do you remember how he did a great job on dwight two years ago? so in two years time he suddenly is aaron gray on defense?

blame kobe? typical. at least kobe can shoot 50%, unlike our big man, pau. pau is shooting under 45% these playoffs. that's horrendous for a big man. kobe is older. you can't expect 05-06 kobe dropping 62 in three quarters. if that's what you were expecting you're the idiot.
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#1663 » by Teddy KGB » Sat May 7, 2011 4:53 am

JES12 wrote:
Basketology wrote:Lakers should be up 2-1. Their 4th quarter meltdowns are very uncharacteristic of them. Lakers missing chippies and Dallas making very tough, contest 3's. It's frustrating, I'll be honest...

No....

If you watch Dallas at all, it is the 4th were we win. It is also the reason Hollinger talks crap about us every year because we don't play the first 3 quarters and our margin of victory is screwing his power ranking fomula all over the place.

JES let us rejoice, can you actually believe we're beating the Lakers 3-0 lol
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
stephanieg
Suspended
And1: 134

Post#1664 » by stephanieg » Sat May 7, 2011 4:54 am

That game was so sexy. Downright explicit. Too hot for TV. I have the vapors! Terry and Peja coming up clutch in a huge game? Peja DENYING Odom on the baseline at the critical juncture? My world is collapsing. Dirk is a thunder god with flowing golden lockes! Snatching the heart out of LA and smashing it with the Mjöllnir. So easy even a caveman can do it.

What should LA do? Bynum #1 option? Go at Dirk? Tell Kobe to take 40 FGA a la '06 Kobe? And where's that wired segment so we can hear Phil's colorful advice to Pau and Bynum.
BULLZ1LLA
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#1665 » by BULLZ1LLA » Sat May 7, 2011 4:55 am

Showtime:Part2 wrote:
thamadkant wrote:This is response to Showtime_Part 2

Your an idiot if you think Gasol is as quick as Dirk...
(1) Dirk is a face up PF, meaning he uses his first step against slow 7 footers. Gasol is not slow, but he isnt quick. Don't confuse Gasol's spin moves and his IQ (Up fake around the 3 feet range) as QUICKNESS.

(2) Gasol has ALWAYS been soft, but he made up for it for being a very very skilled 7 footer who has tremendous IQ. He is a very rebounder and shot alterer for someone soft isnt he?

(3) You really think Gasol isnt trying hard? They are in the semi-finals, are you sure he isnt trying hard? whats he got to win by NOT trying hard? He is simply outmatched.
Lamar Odom is better defender on Dirk due to him being quick and agile, but Odom isnt long enough to contest a 7 foot jump shooter who can put the ball down. And Odom isnt really known to be a very physical player.

(4) Where's the blame on Kobe?.... 17 points on 16 shots... have become a JUMP SHOOTER instead of his usual multi-facet attacker.

If you are looking for excuses, LOOK at the back court of the Lakers.... thats were the slack is.

um, dirk isn't that quick. he's got a great mid range game. that means he backs in a couple times spins and fades and knocks down the j. you won't ever see him blowing by dudes for dunks. gasol should be able to stay with him laterally.

do tell, how has his rebounding been in the playoffs? you're calling him a shot alterer? have you watched the playoffs? he was ok in the regular season but his defense has been horrendous in the playoffs.

i agree odom is quicker. gasol has regressed massively defensively from last year to this year. what else can it be other than effort? last two years he was an elite post defender. hell do you remember how he did a great job on dwight two years ago? so in two years time he suddenly is aaron gray on defense?

blame kobe? typical. at least kobe can shoot 50%, unlike our big man, pau. pau is shooting under 45% these playoffs. that's horrendous for a big man. kobe is older. you can't expect 05-06 kobe dropping 62 in three quarters. if that's what you were expecting you're the idiot.

(The only reason why Kobe is blamed is because usually a team's number one option dominates the final minutes of games, including playoff games)
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#1666 » by JES12 » Sat May 7, 2011 4:56 am

Teddy KGB wrote:
JES12 wrote:
Basketology wrote:Lakers should be up 2-1. Their 4th quarter meltdowns are very uncharacteristic of them. Lakers missing chippies and Dallas making very tough, contest 3's. It's frustrating, I'll be honest...

No....

If you watch Dallas at all, it is the 4th were we win. It is also the reason Hollinger talks crap about us every year because we don't play the first 3 quarters and our margin of victory is screwing his power ranking fomula all over the place.

JES let us rejoice, can you actually believe we're beating the Lakers 3-0 lol

I am rejoicing. But I also know the series is not over yet. You don't discount the heart of a champion.
T2
Bench Warmer
And1: 161

Post#1667 » by T2 » Sat May 7, 2011 4:56 am

Can any give me some stats on how good the Mavs were in the regular season in terms of close games? It seemed like they win a lot of close games...
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#1668 » by inquisitive » Sat May 7, 2011 4:56 am

Dirk has also been playing some huge D against Gasol. This was totally unexpected by me.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Senor Chang
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,216

Post#1669 » by Senor Chang » Sat May 7, 2011 4:57 am

food4thought wrote:Laker fans make yourself useful and get that Kobe and Fisher handshake gif

Public warning, cut it out.
wayoftheroad wrote:We’re getting bodied by Moochie Norris lmao
Karma_Engineer
Banned User

Post#1670 » by Karma_Engineer » Sat May 7, 2011 4:57 am

Jay From LA wrote:
Harry_Seaward wrote:
Jay From LA wrote:I wish i was allowed to bait fans of a losing team everytime they lose.

Come on dude, play along, please. I mean seriously the Lakers (along with the Celtics) have been the Kings of this league for far too long and it's to be expected that the masses cheer at their apparent demise.

It's a case of hating because they've been so good, and have had this league by the balls for the majority of it's existence.

i'm fine with some good natured ribbing but its **** like this that gets old
food4thought wrote:Laker fans make yourself useful and get that Kobe and Fisher handshake gif

Try wearing a Sacramento Kings jersey in LA for a day. Then come back to us.
Fast Dont Fib
Veteran
And1: 134

Post#1671 » by Fast Dont Fib » Sat May 7, 2011 4:57 am

T2 wrote:Can any give me some stats on how good the Mavs were in the regular season in terms of close games? It seemed like they win a lot of close games...

10-6 3pts or less.
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#1672 » by inquisitive » Sat May 7, 2011 4:58 am

T2 wrote:Can any give me some stats on how good the Mavs were in the regular season in terms of close games? It seemed like they win a lot of close games...

They actually lost quite a few heartbreakers after leading by double digits in the 4th. I guess now it is only fitting that they hang on to their leads and playing clutch ball.
RocketPower23
Banned User
And1: 26

Post#1673 » by RocketPower23 » Sat May 7, 2011 4:58 am

i_killed_kenny wrote:

That's nice, now clean up the rest of the board.
BULLZ1LLA
Rookie

Post#1674 » by BULLZ1LLA » Sat May 7, 2011 4:58 am

(I think Mavs lost 2 close games to Bulls)
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#1675 » by Neutral 123 » Sat May 7, 2011 4:59 am

Dirk's up now..
qotsa
Senior
And1: 34

Post#1676 » by qotsa » Sat May 7, 2011 5:00 am

Mavs are a collection of players with unfinished business. Kidd - two finals appearances and no rings. Dirk terry robbed in 06. Peja robbed in wcf. Marion a part of that phx team with the infamous suspensions vs san antonio.
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#1677 » by inquisitive » Sat May 7, 2011 5:01 am

Neutral 123 wrote:Dirk's up now..

Where online can i watch the post-game show?
Shot Clock
RealGM
And1: 17,443

Post#1678 » by Shot Clock » Sat May 7, 2011 5:01 am

Harry_Seaward wrote:I don't like the Lakers. The only "Laker" I feel sorry for is Phil Jackson.

He came back for this? Legacy hurt a bit. Never been down 0-3 in a series before.

I can see him now in the locker room.

'You guys really gonna send me off like this? '
anyone involved in that meddling to justice”. NO COLLUSION

- DJT
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#1679 » by Teddy KGB » Sat May 7, 2011 5:01 am

JES12 wrote:I am rejoicing. But I also know the series is not over yet. You don't discount the heart of a champion.

No, no, I didn't mean to suggest that the series is already won but if you had told me before the playoffs that we would be in this position I would have told you to talk to me after the shrooms wore off
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
Harry_Seaward
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1680 » by Harry_Seaward » Sat May 7, 2011 5:01 am

qotsa wrote:Mavs are a collection of players with unfinished business. Kidd - two finals appearances and no rings. Dirk terry robbed in 06. Peja robbed in wcf. Marion a part of that team with the infamous suspensions vs san antonio.

A storybook ending is expected here, but life rarely grants them.

Return to The General Board