Will the Mavericks choke away this 2-0 lead?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Will the Mavericks choke away the 2-0 lead against the Lakers?

Yes
38%
No
63%

Total votes: 112

schematics
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Will the Mavericks choke away this 2-0 lead? 

Post#81 » by schematics » Sat May 7, 2011 8:03 pm

mysticbb wrote:schematics, I know what you wanted to say, but I'm not a head coach here, neither I'm talking to players and making a motivational speak. All I want to do is talking objectively about basketball. And objectively there is a HCA which matters, the data tells us, the history tells. If HCA wouldn't matter, the numbers would look really different. If it wouldn't matter, would you expect the home team winning nearly 80% of the double elimination games?

The Bulls are the BETTER team, obviously they should be able to win on the road. There were a huge difference, we are talking about a +6.5 SRS team vs. a -1.1. And additional to that the Hawks have no matchup advantage at all. Playing with a somewhat injured Rose and Boozer gave the team trouble in the first game, but since that? The 2nd game was the first time I saw the defense I wanted to see from the Bulls, this time they continued to do good job on defense. That's the strength of the Bulls, and when they playing along their strength, they are winning their games. Remember, back in March the Bulls blew out the Hawks twice, they are matching up well. So, there is no big surprise that they can win on the road against the Hawks, that's not the point here. But using single examples to make a point while the whole majority of the games are speaking against your idea is a mistake here, and that's what makes your opinion about it wrong.

Imma end it with this. If there is a home court advantage then there is an away advantage, why? Let's say because an away team has more to be hungry about, more to prove (so they perform better/harder) and is not a comfy and complacent as a home team *insert Mavs here if you like* See what i did there? See how silly that sounds. You can attribute excuses to either argument and chose to believe in it or not. I'm done on this topic. If you don't see the flawed logic and what you said and what i just flipped then you never will.

Return to The General Board