Thank You Shaq

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Shkodran_Plako
Starter
And1: 395

Re: Thank You Shaq 

Post#21 » by Shkodran_Plako » Wed May 11, 2011 11:14 pm

shaq was a monster, so unstoppable in his prime
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#22 » by darth_federer » Wed May 11, 2011 11:15 pm

druggas wrote:[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6fALt84dt4[/youtube]

What am I doing wrong with this youtube video?

No spaces between the brackets.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6fALt84dt4[/youtube]

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
Stunnaboy2K11
Banned User
And1: 33

Post#23 » by Stunnaboy2K11 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:19 pm

Jay From LA wrote:He better get his jersey retired here, i personally don't hold any hard feelings towards him. though im probably in the minority unfortunately.

I have friends who are LA fans who hate him, don't know why? You chose Kobe over him and it still doesn't negate the 3 championships he won you and the many amazing moments.

One of my favorite players of all time.
LascelleL
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,996

Post#24 » by LascelleL » Wed May 11, 2011 11:19 pm

LefraidJames wrote:As dominant as Shaq was, I can't help but wonder "What could of been" Finishing with only 4 nba championships. I think he should of won more. He was that good. Maybe during the lakers they could of won more with shaq as the man. Maybe even before his first in the 1999-2000 era. Maybe that one that got away vs Hakeem with the Magic. I think shaq should of won more.

Maybe it's because he hurt his toe and refused to have surgery on it till the season started and said "i got injured on company time, i rehab on company time". Maybe it was his awful free throw shooting, or his poor dieting, Shaq could of rolled off so many championships in a row. He could of easily topped or matched jordan's championships as the man. I can't help but think "what if" during shaq's career.

Stop thinking what if and start thinking what happened.
Beith Kogans
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#25 » by Beith Kogans » Wed May 11, 2011 11:25 pm

druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,139

Post#26 » by druggas » Wed May 11, 2011 11:26 pm

darth_federer wrote:
druggas wrote:[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6fALt84dt4[/youtube]

What am I doing wrong with this youtube video?

No spaces between the brackets.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6fALt84dt4[/youtube]

Thanks for your help.
Siem
Starter
And1: 5

Post#27 » by Siem » Wed May 11, 2011 11:28 pm

This is kind of silly, but I've always respected Shaq's Game.. I hate the fact that I never got a chance to select his team in his Prime Years on 2k.lmaoo.

Every team he played on, I had friends that Liked those teams or that was thier #1 team on 2K...I've been playing since 2k2 and back then he was on LAL, and so many of my friends were LA or Kobe fans, (I wouldnt select LA Anyhow), but I never could choose him, Then when He Got Traded to Miami, Some of my friends were Miami fans, couldnt choose him then, Everybody was already playing with Phx by the time he went there, so smh... We'd have seasons 12-16 teams, and I was always trying to orchestrate a Trade To Get Shaq, but it Never happened....Just Thought I'd share that.
umopapisdn
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#28 » by umopapisdn » Wed May 11, 2011 11:30 pm

We will see another Jordan before we see another Shaq.
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#29 » by Ugalde » Wed May 11, 2011 11:35 pm

My favorite player of all time. I didn't really get to see him play other than watching old Laker games and highlights. He got me into Basketball though.
politics
to many 3s
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#30 » by NashtyNas » Wed May 11, 2011 11:37 pm

umopapisdn wrote:We will see another Jordan before we see another Shaq.

We have never seen another Jordan, and we will never see another Shaq. Stop with these baiting comments.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
jcuuofd
Analyst
And1: 511

Post#31 » by jcuuofd » Wed May 11, 2011 11:38 pm

He is well positioned to make a transition into professional wrestling because of his experience from the rigged Kings/Lakers series and the Mavs/Heat series.
Siem
Starter
And1: 5

Post#32 » by Siem » Wed May 11, 2011 11:39 pm

Ugalde wrote:My favorite player of all time. I didn't really get to see him play other than watching old Laker games and highlights. He got me into Basketball though.

He was an unstoppable Beast. I never saw anything like Him.. Just Dominated.
umopapisdn
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#33 » by umopapisdn » Wed May 11, 2011 11:40 pm

sd1306 wrote:

We have never seen another Jordan, and we will never see another Shaq. Stop with these baiting comments.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Shaq is obviously not nearly as great a player as MJ, but he's probably the most unique player ever. A guy like Dwight, who is by every measurement a complete freak of nature, is still not nearly as freakish as Shaq was.
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#34 » by BubbaTee » Wed May 11, 2011 11:41 pm

Jay From LA wrote:He better get his jersey retired here, i personally don't hold any hard feelings towards him. though im probably in the minority unfortunately.

Buss is far too classy to not retire Shaq's number.

Without Shaq there wouldn't even be a Staples Center.
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#35 » by Ugalde » Wed May 11, 2011 11:41 pm

jcuuofd wrote:Image

He is well positioned to make a transition into professional wrestling because of his experience from the rigged Kings/Lakers series and the Mavs/Heat series.
SHOTS FIRED!!!
politics
to many 3s
Fed
Junior
And1: 424

Post#36 » by Fed » Wed May 11, 2011 11:44 pm

He's not done.
Jeff23
Lead Assistant
And1: 245

Post#37 » by Jeff23 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:48 pm

umopapisdn wrote:
sd1306 wrote:

Shaq is obviously not nearly as great a player as MJ, but he's probably the most unique player ever. A guy like Dwight, who is by every measurement a complete freak of nature, is still not nearly as freakish as Shaq was.

this is true.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#38 » by NashtyNas » Wed May 11, 2011 11:56 pm

umopapisdn wrote:
sd1306 wrote:

I wasn't going solely based on play, but personality as well. Shaq is one of the most loved guys off court and in the locker room (outside LA). He says stupid sh*t sometimes, but don't we all? There will never be another player as good as Shaq with such a flamboyant personality, mark my words.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,810

Post#39 » by cdubbz » Thu May 12, 2011 12:04 am

Shaq is a straight up beast. He was loved by ALL kids in the 90s, he was just a loveable big guy that was really really good at basketball. Such a dominant force, there was literally no way to stop him besides fouling him and still he was so strong he'd dunk on you.

I would love to see Shaq do a bunch of movies. I can definitely see him take up The Rock's role in making movies which is making decent comedies and kids movies. I can just picture him starring in kid movies.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
mid-post
Analyst
And1: 70

Post#40 » by mid-post » Thu May 12, 2011 12:28 am

cdubbz wrote:I would love to see Shaq do a bunch of movies. I can definitely see him take up The Rock's role in making movies which is making decent comedies and kids movies. I can just picture him starring in kid movies.

Return to The General Board