Rose never grabs Triple Doubles - Why?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

secund2nun
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Rose never grabs Triple Doubles - Why? 

Post#81 » by secund2nun » Sun May 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Because he is not a complete PG at this moment. He plays hero ball Jordan style, which for a PG is very bad. We have seen flashes of how much better he is when he is a distributor instead of a shot jacker.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#82 » by Copperhead » Sun May 15, 2011 5:56 pm

I hear you Captain Kurt and I understand that it shouldn't be their priority. But I've seen guards that have gotten triple doubles do both. They are able to get out running after getting the outlet and also sometimes be in position to get rebounds. Does Thibs have a rule where it has to be one or the other? I guess it depends on the situation of the game and which players are on the court. Rose has had games where he's had 10 and 12 rebounds but he didn't have the number of assists to qualify for the triple doubles. I'm pretty sure the games where he had the 10 and 12 rebounds no one was angry with him for getting them.

Next season he'll probably get at least 5 of them and no one will think it shouldn't have happened.
JonnyF
Junior

Post#83 » by JonnyF » Sun May 15, 2011 8:13 pm

mattbulls wrote:
LALegend wrote:I LOL at the "he doesn't care about stats" argument every time. What an idiotic thing to say. All players care about stats. If you actually think they don't, well.....

It's more like a would you rather have

17 PPG 3 RPG and 3 APG and be the NBA Champs

or

25 PPG 5 RPG and 6 APG and lose in the finals?

he doesn't care about stats argument.

All players want to succeed or else you wouldn't play, but some players would definitely sacrifice numbers to win.

Honestly? You are the biggest moron in the world iif you think ANY player would choose that better stat line and losing in the finals. No NBA player would choose that. Ridiculous.
Blount
Sixth Man
And1: 155

Post#84 » by Blount » Sun May 15, 2011 8:24 pm

Who cares

Youngest MVP ever
HAPPYPERSON
Banned User

Post#85 » by HAPPYPERSON » Sun May 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Copperhead wrote:
HeyJoe wrote:
Copperhead wrote:i'm usually a rose basher but TDs for pgs are (Please Use More Appropriate Word)

This is crazy. No point? How can grabbing rebounds for your team be a bad thing? No one said he has to purposely go out there and say "I'm going to grab 10 rebounds tonight". Triple doubles for pgs are not (Please Use More Appropriate Word). If a big man gets a triple double he's lauded but it's (Please Use More Appropriate Word) for a pg?

Triple doubles are not a bad thing people.

cause 99% of the time you shouldn't be that close to the basket when the ball's bouncing off the rim to begin with

off of a miss the quickest dude and playmaker should be sprinting up the floor, even if your team misses the DREB you're useless in the post anyway

like i said OREB are okay and some long ones definitely, but how many triple dubs are all of those things?

2 or 3 a game is normal but if you get 10 a game either you're tyson chandler in an nba midget body or you're padding

Or maybe you're trying to help your team win games. Guards grabbing rebounds are not a bad thing. 99% of the time you shouldn't be that close to the basket? A lot of times you don't even have to be that close to the basket to grab a long rebound or to anticipate where the bounce off the rim is going to land. Be quick enough to get to it and snatch it.

If Rose were averaging more rebounds and getting triple doubles left and right people would be praising him to high heaven (not that they aren't already) for it but since he's not, it's (Please Use More Appropriate Word) for pgs to get a triple double? LMAO. Stop that. I know he's on a good rebounding team with better rebounders than he is but guards grabbing rebounds is not a bad thing.

Actually a lot of times it kind of is a bad thing, since most C do care about the # of rebounds they get since that is one of their only responsibilities alot of times and it gets them involved. Centers don't like gaurds coming out of no where and snatching a rebound, and D Rose is humble enough that he doesn't care about the rebound stat as much as letting his bigs get them so they feel involved.

Chris Paul isn't a good leader, he is selfish and a stat padder. He wears a "C" on his jersey I guess to get his point across that he is the "captain" and can ***** everyone out when they aren't doing what he wants. He steals boards from his bigs who then in turn slack on the other end because that is how alot of bigs respond when you steal their boards. I'm going to be interested to see if CP3 gets the starting position in next olympics, because he should get it automatically being the returning veteran, but if D Rose gets the starting spot that is very telling.

D Rose will only crash boards like a maniac if the game is on the line or if it is needed because they are short handed. He averaged more rebounds when our bigs were out because it was needed of him. I have seen him go up and be in perfect position to grab the rebound, but then he seen his big was also going for it and just dropped his hands and let the big get it, Chris Paul and Rondo would have snatched it, because they are selfish stat padders, the same reason CP3 and Rondo don't take alot of buzzer beaters or half court shots because they are worried about their fg%. They are even selfish with their assists, holding the ball the whole possession and only passing when it is obvious the person is making a move to score, basically always trying to avoid a hockey pass where they won't get credit for the assist.

If you watched enough of D Rose you would realize he doesn't care about his stats, anyone laughing at that notion doesn't know what they're talking about.
joeyAdaMan
Analyst
And1: 2,145

Post#86 » by joeyAdaMan » Sun May 15, 2011 8:44 pm

why doesn't steve nash get more blocks and why doesn't dwight howard shoot more 3's.....find out the answer to all these questions and more on the next episode of "WHO GIVES A FLYING F*CK?" starring generic forum troll
Volcano wrote:Kobe must the best at everything. He's faster than Westbrook and stronger than Dwight. He's taller than Yao Ming and shorter than Earl Boykins. Nothing you say is going to change their minds.
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#87 » by sdeezy » Sun May 15, 2011 8:46 pm

How many trip dubs does Deron Williams have? he's bigger than Rose, what about Nash?, he plays on a bad rebounding team..boards are available to him..i could go on and on but certain guys just have a knack for putting those digits up..others don't for a variety of reasons, a lot of which have already been listed here..
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
Bucksfans1and2
Banned User
And1: 189

Post#88 » by Bucksfans1and2 » Sun May 15, 2011 8:55 pm

HAPPYPERSON wrote:
Copperhead wrote:
HeyJoe wrote:cause 99% of the time you shouldn't be that close to the basket when the ball's bouncing off the rim to begin with

off of a miss the quickest dude and playmaker should be sprinting up the floor, even if your team misses the DREB you're useless in the post anyway

like i said OREB are okay and some long ones definitely, but how many triple dubs are all of those things?

2 or 3 a game is normal but if you get 10 a game either you're tyson chandler in an nba midget body or you're padding

Or maybe you're trying to help your team win games. Guards grabbing rebounds are not a bad thing. 99% of the time you shouldn't be that close to the basket? A lot of times you don't even have to be that close to the basket to grab a long rebound or to anticipate where the bounce off the rim is going to land. Be quick enough to get to it and snatch it.

If Rose were averaging more rebounds and getting triple doubles left and right people would be praising him to high heaven (not that they aren't already) for it but since he's not, it's (Please Use More Appropriate Word) for pgs to get a triple double? LMAO. Stop that. I know he's on a good rebounding team with better rebounders than he is but guards grabbing rebounds is not a bad thing.

Actually a lot of times it kind of is a bad thing, since most C do care about the # of rebounds they get since that is one of their only responsibilities alot of times and it gets them involved. Centers don't like gaurds coming out of no where and snatching a rebound, and D Rose is humble enough that he doesn't care about the rebound stat as much as letting his bigs get them so they feel involved.

Chris Paul isn't a good leader, he is selfish and a stat padder. He wears a "C" on his jersey I guess to get his point across that he is the "captain" and can ***** everyone out when they aren't doing what he wants. He steals boards from his bigs who then in turn slack on the other end because that is how alot of bigs respond when you steal their boards. I'm going to be interested to see if CP3 gets the starting position in next olympics, because he should get it automatically being the returning veteran, but if D Rose gets the starting spot that is very telling.

D Rose will only crash boards like a maniac if the game is on the line or if it is needed because they are short handed. He averaged more rebounds when our bigs were out because it was needed of him. I have seen him go up and be in perfect position to grab the rebound, but then he seen his big was also going for it and just dropped his hands and let the big get it, Chris Paul and Rondo would have snatched it, because they are selfish stat padders, the same reason CP3 and Rondo don't take alot of buzzer beaters or half court shots because they are worried about their fg%. They are even selfish with their assists, holding the ball the whole possession and only passing when it is obvious the person is making a move to score, basically always trying to avoid a hockey pass where they won't get credit for the assist.

If you watched enough of D Rose you would realize he doesn't care about his stats, anyone laughing at that notion doesn't know what they're talking about.

You're out of your freaking mind
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#89 » by Copperhead » Sun May 15, 2011 9:06 pm

Bucksfans1and2 wrote:
You're out of your freaking mind

:lol: LMAO. No doubt. Dudes name should be or MADPERSON cuz it clearly sounds like he's mad about something. :lol:
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by Copperhead » Sun May 15, 2011 9:08 pm

sdeezy wrote:How many trip dubs does Deron Williams have? he's bigger than Rose, what about Nash?, he plays on a bad rebounding team..boards are available to him..i could go on and on but certain guys just have a knack for putting those digits up..others don't for a variety of reasons, a lot of which have already been listed here..

Good post. Thread should end here. It is for me. Ya'll carry on.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#91 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun May 15, 2011 9:13 pm

Copperhead wrote:Why hasn't Deron Williams EVER grabbed a triple double? Who cares? :lol:

Because like Rose, he's not a great rebounder.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
5ickwithitxx
Banned User

Post#92 » by 5ickwithitxx » Sun May 15, 2011 9:19 pm

cause he cant.....lol ever think of that?
HAPPYPERSON
Banned User

Post#93 » by HAPPYPERSON » Sun May 15, 2011 9:21 pm

Copperhead wrote:
sdeezy wrote:How many trip dubs does Deron Williams have? he's bigger than Rose, what about Nash?, he plays on a bad rebounding team..boards are available to him..i could go on and on but certain guys just have a knack for putting those digits up..others don't for a variety of reasons, a lot of which have already been listed here..

You can't respond intelligently because all my points are valid and I actually watch enough basketball to know these things, unlike you. Added to ignore list btw

And Bucksfan nothing intelligent to say either, again? Too bad everything I said about Chris Paul is absolute fact and I could go on. He isn't a leader and no one on his team really likes him or his bad attitude and leadership. CP3 is 26, how many conference championships has CP3 led his team to? He can't get it done as a #1 option or as the leader of the team because he doesn't get the respect from his teammates.
cwas2882
General Manager
And1: 5,802

Post#94 » by cwas2882 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:24 pm

He doesn't grab rebounds because he plays with Noah and Boozer

He won the MVP because Boozer and Noah were always injured
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by Copperhead » Sun May 15, 2011 9:29 pm

HAPPYPERSON wrote:
Copperhead wrote:

You can't respond intelligently because all my points are valid and I actually watch enough basketball to know these things, unlike you. Added to ignore list btw

And Bucksfan nothing intelligent to say either, again? Too bad everything I said about Chris Paul is absolute fact and I could go on. He isn't a leader and no one on his team really likes him or his bad attitude and leadership. CP3 is 26, how many conference championships has CP3 led his team to? He can't get it done as a #1 option or as the leader of the team because he doesn't get the respect from his teammates.

Dude. I'm just not in the mood to read silly rambling. I didn't even see your post until I came back and saw someone had bolded some of the silly things you said. When I read CP3 isn't a leader, that's when I stopped reading. Sorry. So I'm guessing since you're in here you're a Rose fan and since he's led his team to a conference championship, no one else is a leader or everyone else is sh**. Ok, that's fine if you think that but like I said, I stopped reading when you said CP isn't a leader. I've heard his teammates and coaches (and OPPOSING PLAYERS AND COACHES) say otherwise so I'm more inclined to believe them than some disgruntled hater. LMAO. Don't get mad if I don't feel like reading the rest of your rambling ok? Go watch the rest of the game now.
High0ctane21
Lead Assistant
And1: 538

Post#96 » by High0ctane21 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:33 pm

cwas2882 wrote:He doesn't grab rebounds because he plays with Noah and Boozer

Taj / Asik are both great rebounders. Luol Deng is also one of the best rebounding SF's in the league. Nice try though.
Bucksfans1and2
Banned User

Post#97 » by Bucksfans1and2 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:33 pm

HAPPYPERSON wrote:And Bucksfan nothing intelligent to say either, again? Too bad everything I said about Chris Paul is absolute fact and I could go on. He isn't a leader and no one on his team really likes him or his bad attitude and leadership. CP3 is 26, how many conference championships has CP3 led his team to? He can't get it done as a #1 option or as the leader of the team because he doesn't get the respect from his teammates.

You're saying that he has a bad attitude, with no evidence.

You're saying he's a bad leader with, no evidence.

You're saying that no one on his team likes him, with no evidence

You're saying that his teammates disrespect him, with no evidence

There's a theme occuring, Do you know what it is

No evidence
cwas2882
General Manager
And1: 5,802

Post#98 » by cwas2882 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:36 pm

High0ctane21 wrote:
cwas2882 wrote:He doesn't grab rebounds because he plays with Noah and Boozer

Taj / Asik are both great rebounders. Luol Deng is also one of the best rebounding SF's in the league. Nice try though.

Taj/Asik are also both great defenders, right?
HAPPYPERSON
Banned User

Post#99 » by HAPPYPERSON » Sun May 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Bucksfans1and2 wrote:
HAPPYPERSON wrote:And Bucksfan nothing intelligent to say either, again? Too bad everything I said about Chris Paul is absolute fact and I could go on. He isn't a leader and no one on his team really likes him or his bad attitude and leadership. CP3 is 26, how many conference championships has CP3 led his team to? He can't get it done as a #1 option or as the leader of the team because he doesn't get the respect from his teammates.

No evidence

Actually there is plenty of evidence if you watched enough basketball and followed it for the past few years. I can't make up for your complete lack of knowledge and your elementary way of going about things. You go by stats and what the media says about players, in your mind CP3 is just the best PG and the best passer, and the best defender PG, but unfortunately that isn't true.
Bucksfans1and2
Banned User

Post#100 » by Bucksfans1and2 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:42 pm

HAPPYPERSON wrote:
Bucksfans1and2 wrote:

No evidence

Actually there is plenty of evidence if you watched enough basketball and followed it for the past few years. I can't make up for your complete lack of knowledge and your elementary way of going about things. You go by stats and what the media says about players, in your mind CP3 is just the best PG and the best passer, and the best defender PG, but unfortunately that isn't true.

Because I always follow what the media says, everybody knows I always go with the majority.

Oh wait, no I don't.

And don't tell me what I think. I don't think that Paul is the best PG in the league. I think that when he's healthy he is, but that doesn't happen enough to judge him. I sure as hell don't think he's the best defending PG in the NBA

And still, you provide no evidence. You say there is but you don't present any.

Anybody that's even slightly unbiased knows that Paul is a great leader. You're so desperate to felate Rose that you tear down every single other good player. You don't even use facts as your argument. You just tear those players down with subjective evidence like, "Paul's not a good leader." In your mind is anybody other than Rose a good leader?

Return to The General Board