Miam Fans: "Chuck You Suck..... B****!!!".. wow TNT lol

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

FaithPuppeteer
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Miam Fans: "Chuck You Suck..... B****!!!".. wow TNT lol 

Post#201 » by FaithPuppeteer » Mon May 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Pimpwerx wrote:1. Contract extensions...it's not rocket science, it's only brain surgery.

2. Why was anyone NOT in Miami even watching it if it was just a bunch of Miami bandwagonners showboating and whatnot?

3. What should the city have done to celebrate signing 3 awesome players? A small, handwritten sign posted on the front door of the arena?

If people outside of Miami want to get jelly, you guys could just not have watched. Or better yet, sign your own Big3 and throw your own epic celebration. Or...you could just whinge and moan all season. It makes winning it all that much sweeter.

As Doc Rivers said, the only thing the hate parade did was make our boys better. PEACE.

Lebron should've just gone all in and donated the proceeds of The Douchecision to Planned Parenthood. That's probably the only way everyone would like him less than they already do.
Gongxi
Banned User
And1: 27

Post#202 » by Gongxi » Mon May 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Some people get very emotional when a commentator doesn't pick their team to win. I don't understand it, but it is what it is.
FaithPuppeteer
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#203 » by FaithPuppeteer » Mon May 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Gongxi wrote:Some people get very emotional when a commentator doesn't pick their team to win. I don't understand it, but it is what it is.

They're insecure.
triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Post#204 » by triplet1984 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:02 pm

Wow you'd think Miami was the first team Chuck ever criticized on air.
Gongxi
Banned User

Post#205 » by Gongxi » Mon May 23, 2011 8:03 pm

But like...he wasn't picking against them. He was picking against a team they're a fan of. Some folks identify very strongly with sports teams, but I don't really understand why. We shouldn't really identify with anything too much, but I can at least understand why people do it with religion or family or nationality or occupation or something. A basketball team? Meh.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#206 » by magicman123 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:05 pm

first year fans are a little excited
Striders
Lead Assistant
And1: 252

Post#207 » by Striders » Mon May 23, 2011 8:05 pm

LascelleL wrote:Barkley has hated on the Bulls, Lakers and pretty much every other team in the league long before this Big 3 was formed...and no other fanbase has acted that classless before....stay classy Miami

I'm not going to talk about fanbases, but I think it's worth pointing out that Barkley does indeed, bash every team.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Knicks/New York in general have gotten worse from Barkley this season.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom. ~George Smith Patton
miamivice
Pro Prospect
And1: 268

Post#208 » by miamivice » Mon May 23, 2011 8:05 pm

FaithPuppeteer wrote:
Gongxi wrote:Some people get very emotional when a commentator doesn't pick their team to win. I don't understand it, but it is what it is.

They're insecure.

ironic...
Prop
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#209 » by Prop » Mon May 23, 2011 8:07 pm

speaking of "classy", how "classy" is a year's worth of over-the-top hating on a message board? endless bashing with constant insults against players' manhood, their mothers, calling them gutless, douche, faqqots (sup joakim!), roid heads and a million other things, wishing injury (even death) on them...we can go on and on with all the bullshyt that's been posted about the bron, wade and bosh on this board.

now that fans of a team you don't like are razzing a guy that's been bashing their squad you guys want to act like you're above all that type of stuff when you've been nothing but pricks all year...online.

you're no better.
Gongxi
Banned User

Post#210 » by Gongxi » Mon May 23, 2011 8:08 pm

^^^
Weird self-identification with a basketball team going on there, see?
Prop
Veteran

Post#211 » by Prop » Mon May 23, 2011 8:12 pm

Gongxi wrote:^^^

???
We-Are-Lasers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#212 » by We-Are-Lasers » Mon May 23, 2011 8:13 pm

BigBabyyy wrote:
We-Are-Lasers wrote:
BigBabyyy wrote:The classless ones are the bandwagon fans. The heat fans who have been heat fans for years are fine.

There was a thread in the Celtics board about injuring Wade/LeBron to send a message during that serious... I'm not even saying from any team. Being polite and courteous is always the best thing, but sometimes there are the isolated fans that are just horrible.

Remember to smile now :).

Yeah I know every fanbase seems to have stupid fans. But Miami does struggle to fill their arena and get fans to games. Just wondering though where were all these so called "true fans" in the last few years?

Not to say that the seats were always filled but Miami has had the top seating for the past couple years.
http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

You guys can go through the years. We had more ticket sales then a lot of the teams including the bashing raptor fans. So there was still support either way throughout the good and the bad.
HeatSince88
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#213 » by HeatSince88 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:13 pm

magicman123 wrote:first year fans are a little excited

Guarantee you I've been a fan of the Heat longer than you have of Magic. And that's because your team didn't even exist when myself and others started packing the Heat's house.

And in the national conscience, your team still doesn't exist ... except for discussions of "which real NBA franchise will be jacking Dwight Howard from the Magic in the next 12 months?"

So why don't you, your fat panicky coach, and whiny genius of a GM lay off on the smack talk for a little while there, huh champ?

Neither your team, your franchise, nor your fan base has ANYTHING on the Heat ... Or on two dozen other franchises, for that matter.
Gongxi
Banned User

Post#214 » by Gongxi » Mon May 23, 2011 8:15 pm

Do you not know what it is or...? You seem to be overly identifying with something that is not you. It's strange, because it's not even close to you (whereas like, if you're a cop or a Muslim or something, there's at least a reason why you would identify with other cops or Muslims).

It just gets into the idea that many sports fans aren't really fans of their team, they're cheerleaders for them. Or, in this case, opinion enforcers. Someone picks against them? Chant you "**** you" at his job. That'll do it!
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#215 » by Silk Wilkes » Mon May 23, 2011 8:15 pm

HeatSince88 wrote:
magicman123 wrote:first year fans are a little excited

Guarantee you I've been a fan of the Heat longer than you have of Magic. And that's because your team didn't even exist when myself and others started packing the Heat's house.

And in the national conscience, your team still doesn't exist ... except for discussions of "which real NBA franchise will be jacking Dwight Howard from the Magic in the next 12 months?"

So why don't you, your fat panicky coach, and whiny genius of a GM lay off on the smack talk for a little while there, huh champ? Neither your team, franchise, nor fan base has ANYTHING on the Heat, or two dozen other franchises for that matter.

It's funny how that works huh? All the loyal fans like yourself get lumped in with the bandwagoners as well now that the team got some talent. People can hate all they want, if any team has a ton of bandwagoners it's the Lakers. I've never seen so many fake fans in my life.
bobly
Rookie
And1: 432

Post#216 » by bobly » Mon May 23, 2011 8:17 pm

Gongxi wrote:^^^

Don't you think that's a strange criticism? Isn't fandom all about identifying and investing part of yourself in a team?

The Heat fan base has been attacked just as much as the team, so defending the team doesn't mean someone isn't defending themselves as well.
Prop
Veteran

Post#217 » by Prop » Mon May 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Gongxi wrote:Do you not know what it is or...? You seem to be overly identifying with something that is not you. It's strange, because it's not even close to you (whereas like, if you're a cop or a Muslim or something, there's at least a reason why you would identify with other cops or Muslims).

It just gets into the idea that many sports fans aren't really fans of their team, they're cheerleaders for them. Or, in this case, opinion enforcers. Someone picks against them? Chant you "**** you" at his job. That'll do it!

lol oh ok. i didn't know why you made that connection to me...but i see you're one of those guys.

well, you seem to be overly playing the internet message board psychologist role. you don't even know what you're talking about. but yeah, you keep logging onto a basketball message board and be all uppity about fans being fans.
HeatSince88
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#218 » by HeatSince88 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:22 pm

I missed something. All Barkley did was "pick the other team to win" and Miami fans overreacted? That does seem to be the tone of the thread. How about we set the record straight?

- He called one of the Heat's franchise players a "punk"

- He called the whole Heat team a "whiny bunch"

- He has repeatedly dissed the Miami fan base ... on air with TNT, on radio appearances, and in print

- He waived the opposing team's jersey at the Miami crowd

- He stuck his middle finger up at the Miami crowd (kids included)

OK, now that we've cleared up the falsehood that "all he did was pick against the Heat", feel free to continue with your endless Heat-hating, excuse-making banter.
GOBB
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#219 » by GOBB » Mon May 23, 2011 8:24 pm

Barkley, speaking on WQAM Monday afternoon, appeared to welcome the confrontational approach.

"You know those people can yell and scream but they don't have the hair on their (butt) to grab me," he said. "They don't have enough hair on their (butts) to walk up to me man to man and say, 'Let's do this.'

"All that yelling and screaming just makes me laugh, man."

Barkley found Sunday's scene amusing.

"They were telling me I suck," he said. "They were telling me I never won a championship. Like, 'Come on, give me something better than that, dude.'

"I always laugh at that statement, 'You didn't get a ring.' I'm like, 'Dude, you work at McDonald's.' My life's a lot better than yours. You relax.' "

Barkley said the rough moments were more the exception than the rule.

"Most of the fans are cool," he said. "There's always going to be a couple of idiots. People think if you don't pick their team to win, you don't like them.

"I picked Chicago to win the series, and the Miami fans are bent out of shape. But they'll get over it. I don't take it personally.

"We go through this every couple of years when we travel. If you don't pick somebody's team, their fans become idiots. But you don't take that personally. As long as they're watching the show, that's all that I care about."

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/sp ... 2268.story
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#220 » by BubbaTee » Mon May 23, 2011 8:24 pm

darth_federer wrote:Some guy throws a towel and its an indictment of an entire fanbase? Most NBA fans like Barkley. This looked like good natured fun until someone threw the towel. Its fun to hate on the Heat but the hardcore fans are just as dedicated as any other fanbase. It isnt their fault that rich people who could care less about the game waltz in late and take the good seats. The Leafs have the same issue too.

If other fans endorse/condone the towel-throwing, it indicts them too - even though they didn't throw it themselves.

I agree the chanting was good-natured fun on the part of most of the fans there. But it isn't the first time a few bad apples has spoiled the bunch. IND-DET was all good-natured fun until one bad apple decided to toss his drink.

Return to The General Board