Dwight working on signing extension?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

SubyWill
Analyst
And1: 3

Re: Dwight working on signing extension? 

Post#141 » by SubyWill » Wed Jun 1, 2011 1:46 am

He's not going to sign it anytime soon, but he's going to sign it.

Deal with it people, he's not going anywhere. Keep dreaming.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#142 » by magicman123 » Wed Jun 1, 2011 2:28 am

zORi wrote:
initiald wrote:lol What? Ookay so you guys are talking about 2012-2013 season. :lol: :lol:

Okay I play this game with you. First, you can't dump a player to another team without getting some salary back in return UNLESS that team is salary cap free to absorb one of Duhon.

2013 season

Dwight extends and sign for 20mil per
Arenas restructures for 10 millions per
Duhon + Richardson = 6 millions
Bass = 4 millions (He will not opt out, keep dreaming...)

That is 40 millions for 4 players. You have 8 players need to sign. Let say you can sign CP3/D-Will for 16 millions at current cap. All you have is D-Will/Dwight + trash and build with vet players.

Looks Miami superfriend have THREE players at all-star level, not two. That's why it works for them. And I'm already giving your team a lot of benefit of doubts here. At BEST, Dwight is forced to play another season for 2nd round exit at BEST. AND HOPE 2012-2013 season your team can sign a CP3-D-Will under the BEST circumstances.

If you are just realizing that we were talking about the 2012-13 season then I really don't know what to say to you.

Again, you're also making the assumption that Bass will not opt out. He almost certainly will, right now he is making 4mil, roughly the same amount as Duhon (maybe a little less), despite being twice the player he is. He'll opt out because some other team will definitely offer him more. Also, Duhon would be hard to move, but moveable if we were willing to package him in with someone. Q wouldn't be impossible to move at a little under 3mil a year.

We also have the MLE, and TPE. Other than that, we (theoretically) have a core of Dwight/CP3.

Would you like me to point out all the HOPE your team has of obtaining Dwight?

might as well give it up, the guy is grasping at straws
ORLANDO_MAGIC
Senior
And1: 0

Post#143 » by ORLANDO_MAGIC » Wed Jun 1, 2011 2:32 am

initiald wrote:lol What? Ookay so you guys are talking about 2012-2013 season. :lol: :lol:

Okay I play this game with you. First, you can't dump a player to another team without getting some salary back in return UNLESS that team is salary cap free to absorb one of Duhon.

2013 season

That is 40 millions for 4 players. You have 8 players need to sign. Let say you can sign CP3/D-Will for 16 millions at current cap. All you have is D-Will/Dwight + trash and build with vet players.

Looks Miami superfriend have THREE players at all-star level, not two. That's why it works for them. And I'm already giving your team a lot of benefit of doubts here. At BEST, Dwight is forced to play another season for 2nd round exit at BEST. AND HOPE 2012-2013 season your team can sign a CP3-D-Will under the BEST circumstances.

Hey, You were the guy with the green tiger picture who guaranteed Howard to the Lakers. :lol:

Hedo/Howard for bynum and candy man? :lol:
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#144 » by magicman123 » Wed Jun 1, 2011 2:35 am

^^thats right, i knew i recognized the name, he was screaming dwight to LA all day on ever topic and wouldnt stop lol
the-diesel
Sophomore

Post#145 » by the-diesel » Wed Jun 1, 2011 5:31 am

gilbert arenas has lost fifteen pounds... back in the saddle again? (or should i say kitchen?)
anyway, hope dwight gets what he wants, and can win in orlando
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#146 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Jun 1, 2011 7:13 am

ORLANDO_MAGIC wrote:

2013 season

Hey, You were the guy with the green tiger picture who guaranteed Howard to the Lakers. :lol:

Hedo/Howard for bynum and candy man? :lol:

lol Yeah he was.
initiald
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#147 » by initiald » Wed Jun 1, 2011 9:14 am

zORi wrote:

2013 season

If you are just realizing that we were talking about the 2012-13 season then I really don't know what to say to you.

Again, you're also making the assumption that Bass will not opt out. He almost certainly will, right now he is making 4mil, roughly the same amount as Duhon (maybe a little less), despite being twice the player he is. He'll opt out because some other team will definitely offer him more. Also, Duhon would be hard to move, but moveable if we were willing to package him in with someone. Q wouldn't be impossible to move at a little under 3mil a year.

We also have the MLE, and TPE. Other than that, we (theoretically) have a core of Dwight/CP3.

You can't use the MLE if you're under the cap. You can't use TPE to sign player. You will be force to fill Dwight/CP3 in 2012-2013 with scrub players like Miami if you're LUCKY okay? Everything else is basically wishful thinking from you fan that I won't even bother disputing. I'll just wait and see if he stays or not. Most likely gone given how cap strapped your franchise is for at least 2 years.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,818

Post#148 » by RookieStar » Wed Jun 1, 2011 9:28 am

LOL Oh yeah.. now I remember you. The one trolling everyone whherein you claimed Dwight was going to the Lakers and magic fans should kneel and kiss your feet for accepting a Dwight for trash trade.
initiald
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#149 » by initiald » Wed Jun 1, 2011 9:41 am

RookieStar wrote:LOL Oh yeah.. now I remember you. The one trolling everyone whherein you claimed Dwight was going to the Lakers and magic fans should kneel and kiss your feet for accepting a Dwight for trash trade.

I can't wait for Dwight to leave. If he does, I make sure to laugh at your fan for being delusional. :lol:

I have said that the possibility of Dwight going to the Lakers is slim because of Shaq situation. But he's not staying, keep dreaming okay?
gino_giode
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#150 » by gino_giode » Wed Jun 1, 2011 9:57 am

I guess the media reverse psychology has worked. Dwight was getting fed up with all the "Dwight here/there, Dwight=Shaq, etc" speculation, especially from the Orlando media.

It's a gamble that Dwight would be offended by being compared to the obvious franchise crippling history of Shaq. The media simply had to keep poking/prodding.

I hope for Dwight's sake he demands an option on that 2nd year
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#151 » by DreDay » Wed Jun 1, 2011 10:18 am

Come to the Warriors! You are the missing piece.

Well that will never happen. So I hope he wins in Orlando. He deserves it.
Rockice_8
Banned User

Post#152 » by Rockice_8 » Wed Jun 1, 2011 12:44 pm

tiderulz wrote:no...really? this isnt the same team? do a little research, besides Arenas, they dont have much in contracts beyond 2 years. Hedo gave up most of his money in the last year of his contract to get out of Toronto, Arenas is going to restructure his contract after next year. moves can be made.

Do a little research? Are you serious with that? I have and your team is in cap hell. Even if you get the clause and cut one of Hedo or Arenas your still in cap hell. Your either going to lose a good player in Richardson or have to resign him which will take you even deeper into cap hell. With the the chance of a hard cap these contracts are beginning to look even worse.

Cutting Arenas puts you 3 mil under the cap and cutting Hedo and your still over the cap. That's what my research is telling me. So now you still have lost 2 serviceable players one to FA and one to the clause and you still can't sign anyone to make your team better don't be mad at me, be mad at Otis. I didn't play hard ball by not signing Hedo then turn around and lose my top notch backup Center to get him back anyway.

Yes things can happen but by the time these things fall into place it could be 3-4 years down the road before this team is rebuilt and Dwight will have 0 rings and his contract will be up again.

This team couldn't beat the Hawks a perennial 1st round exit team and now you want to lose Hedo and Richardson and think your gonna be better. My research is solid and it all points to Dwight resigning as a huge mistake.
Rockice_8
Banned User

Post#153 » by Rockice_8 » Wed Jun 1, 2011 12:47 pm

zORi wrote:

2013 season

Sorry dude the faster you realize the MLE is done the faster you'll realize how screwed ORL is.
Debaser
Starter
And1: 163

Post#154 » by Debaser » Thu Jun 2, 2011 7:58 pm

How do "reporters" like Ping still have jobs? Dwight will not sign an extension this summer. Sucks for Magic fans.

Return to The General Board