Heat-Mavericks Game 1 draws best ratings in seven years

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Heat84__
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Heat-Mavericks Game 1 draws best ratings in seven years 

Post#41 » by Heat84__ » Thu Jun 2, 2011 9:04 am

Don Draper wrote:
celtics792244 wrote:Maybe we should consider building our little self esteem on our own instead of going to the local foot locker and getting our little wussie #3 jersey and strapping it to our little chicken hawk chest, eh? :P

Hey, Wade and Lebron are extremely talented. No arguement. But the overall NBA product stinks because the way this went down. Without inside knowledge, this wouldn't have gone down. Riley would have gotten talent when he could (thus eliminating cap space) to keep his superstar happy.

We are consumers and this product stinks. If I'm an owner, I'm locking these players out for as long as I can. As an owner, I'm looking at it saying to myself 'we have no chance, especially when their players get 5 steps and 'never' foul. It's over even before it begins, why commit and shell out millions of dollars when I'm not making a profit? Make the players union understand why they are locked out so they can all 'thank' Lefraud and wade for their unemployment. Put an end to players calling the shots and put a competitive balance back into the league. Hell, I would suggest that the other 29 owners agree to keep the lock out on and force Miami to make a trade. And you know which one would go. It would no longer be Wade country.
The reason these players live a country club lifestyle after their playing days, is because of us, the consumer. This is a total slap in the face of every other club in this league. Lock them out and waste these two chumps careers.

The hypocrisy is strong within this one.
Yeah, I don't care what anybody says. The Heat did the same thing the Celtics did a few years before. Differentiating between the two is splitting hairs. But I do agree that this super team thing can't be good for the league as a whole. Sure, Stern will rake in the billions either way, but a bunch of teams were already losing money and this adds a few more to that group.

Although I am a Heat fan, it doesn't sit too well with part of me that most of the team is utter crap and they're on the verge of winning a title. Bibby playing in the finals is a disgrace. At least the rest of the Tito's have had at least a few good minutes. Oops, I forgot about Z.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,625

Post#42 » by Heej » Thu Jun 2, 2011 9:35 am

For all the irrational haters I'm gonna quote Denzel from He Got Game: "You get that hatred out your heart boy...or you gon' end up just anotha n****, like your father."
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Heat_FinsFan
Senior
And1: 26

Post#43 » by Heat_FinsFan » Thu Jun 2, 2011 9:40 am

fishfuego. wrote:
celtics792244 wrote:I think the more interesting thing would be... what are the ratings once it is determined by the viewer that the game is over with still time on the clock. I certainly shut it off before that steriod freak started posing and making a bigger jackass out of himself... No ESPN for me, nope. Like to know the ratings for these stations after a Heat win. I'm sure they aren't quite as thrilled as ABC.

And how about JVG and Jackson.... "I don't understand the hatred" crap? Both looking for jobs in league taking players side?! And the halftime interview with Wade?! I must have called him and 'Bron bleeping p-word at least 500-600 times out loud throughout the course of the game. What a sham.

While the normal reaction of GMs that have superstars with expiring contracts (ORL and CLE for example) is try to surround players with good talent... what did Miami (Wade) do? Trade for expiring contracts with less talent. Not exactly the thing to do when trying to convince your superstar to stay. It's almost as if they knew.... (definate sarcasm here) that wuss 1 and 2 were coming. Then Riley gets co EOY?!! Sham. The league is trying to sell us a bag of @#$%. The spin control is on full blast with that award, the Wade interview, and 2 'unbiased' commentators. Garbage. Just like these three non competitive players..... sorry cHeat fans, no love, no respect, ever.

Your post IS garbage.

Hey Bro I got something that might cheer ya up..... Here
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DqObefhZDg[/youtube]

Feel Better?????
PapoHeat
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#44 » by PapoHeat » Thu Jun 2, 2011 10:50 am

celtics792244 wrote:I think the more interesting thing would be... what are the ratings once it is determined by the viewer that the game is over with still time on the clock. I certainly shut it off before that steriod freak started posing and making a bigger jackass out of himself... No ESPN for me, nope. Like to know the ratings for these stations after a Heat win. I'm sure they aren't quite as thrilled as ABC.

And how about JVG and Jackson.... "I don't understand the hatred" crap? Both looking for jobs in league taking players side?! And the halftime interview with Wade?! I must have called him and 'Bron bleeping p-word at least 500-600 times out loud throughout the course of the game. What a sham.

While the normal reaction of GMs that have superstars with expiring contracts (ORL and CLE for example) is try to surround players with good talent... what did Miami (Wade) do? Trade for expiring contracts with less talent. Not exactly the thing to do when trying to convince your superstar to stay. It's almost as if they knew.... (definate sarcasm here) that wuss 1 and 2 were coming. Then Riley gets co EOY?!! Sham. The league is trying to sell us a bag of @#$%. The spin control is on full blast with that award, the Wade interview, and 2 'unbiased' commentators. Garbage. Just like these three non competitive players..... sorry cHeat fans, no love, no respect, ever.

:lol:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,072
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#45 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Jun 2, 2011 11:10 am

Anyone that ranks their greatest players, or decides who is the best by the ring count, can blame themselves for this. All people wanted to do was pile on LeBron for not having a ring, and blame everything on him, or talk about his lacking the will to win, and just wanting to stat pad or whatever.

Don't be mad now that he put himself in position to win.

Don't give me that crap about only being mad because of HOW he did it, that's bogus, people are mad because the Heat are set up for a long time.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
daam
Junior
And1: 12

Post#46 » by daam » Thu Jun 2, 2011 11:51 am

Wow, a lot of frustrated fans... If Miami wants to spend their money on three superstars, what's the problem? Other teams can do the same, right? It's not like they're doing something against the rules.

Plus all the great teams have multiple stars, that's nothing new. Who cares if they got together by free agency of by trade or by drafting, it amounts to the same thing on the court.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#47 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Jun 2, 2011 12:50 pm

Imagine how much bigger the ratings would be if it was the Heat against the Lakers instead of the Mavericks. You get a series that includes Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade and it'll be an instant classic. Especially with the Lakers going for a 3-peat (as well as Jackson's last year) while the Heat's 3 try to prove themselves as champions.
#DubNation
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#48 » by Flash3 » Thu Jun 2, 2011 12:58 pm

Conclusion wrote:Why does it seem like every day the ratings are better than yesterday?

It's rigged!!!!! :lol:
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Donald Kaufman
General Manager
And1: 601

Post#49 » by Donald Kaufman » Thu Jun 2, 2011 1:04 pm

I can understand why it rated so well, I'm not a fan of either team and I was looking forward to it. But it was a pretty damn boring game and felt like anything but a finals game. Hope the quality improves as the series continues.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#50 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Jun 2, 2011 1:09 pm

I like Erik Spoelstra, but if Don Nelson was coaching the Miami Heat they sure would have lived up to the hype (entertainment wise).

Seeing LeBron, Wade and Bosh running fastbreaks all day would have been incredibly fun to watch.
#DubNation
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#51 » by Heat_team02 » Thu Jun 2, 2011 1:22 pm

Someone should create a thread topic titled;

Are the Miami Heat America's Team?

Cause they draw ratings, rants & conversation everywhere.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
mnml
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#52 » by mnml » Thu Jun 2, 2011 1:35 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Anyone that ranks their greatest players, or decides who is the best by the ring count, can blame themselves for this. All people wanted to do was pile on LeBron for not having a ring, and blame everything on him, or talk about his lacking the will to win, and just wanting to stat pad or whatever.

Don't be mad now that he put himself in position to win.

Don't give me that crap about only being mad because of HOW he did it, that's bogus, people are mad because the Heat are set up for a long time.

Exactly!

It's a team game, no one can do it on his own. If he wants to play with his friends, good for him.
I also pick my friends when we create a team, especially if they are good at playing ball :)

One good thing that came out from the hate is, that this Miami Heat team wants to prove everyone wrong, meaning - they play at their maximum effort.
In sports intensity is the difference maker. I do not expect them to play like this, when/if they prove themself to all of us. (hint: Lakers were the proven team this year :)) I could also make a case for teams with best records (Bulls, Cavs,...), before the playoffs, people take their sides and they never deliver.
(i might went a little off with the last few sentences, but all I'm trying to say is Proven teams needs to be fully stacked to win another one, when underdogs can win with their hearts- miami's 1 and 5 position are crap, this is why I said underdogs, although i could see them being the favorites now, with the way they play)
But its still a long way to go and everything can still turn against them, if they dont win another 3 games.
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 250

Post#53 » by Imadogg » Thu Jun 2, 2011 1:43 pm

Conclusion wrote:Why does it seem like every day the ratings are better than yesterday?

Cuz the evil Heat are advancing closer to their title
defjux21 wrote:I actually ended up falling asleep not too long after tipoff and woke up with 2 mins left in the game.

It was truly a boring game I felt.

You wouldn't know, you didn't really watch any of it.
osamu
Starter
And1: 249

Post#54 » by osamu » Thu Jun 2, 2011 3:16 pm

Serious question. Would Lebron leave Cleveland if the celtics weren't assembled, and the Pau Gasol heist didn't go through? Obviously not. I loved the competition, but the Boston had to ruin it fir everybody by trading for ray and kg. You could convince yourselves that they were declining but how did they win a championship that very season? How did they get to the finals the very next? The Celtics took Lebron out twice and in every series Lebron lost nobody stepped up.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#55 » by Next Coming » Thu Jun 2, 2011 3:43 pm

The Heat are fun to hate. They're amazing but they're sooooooo easy to hate.

Heat fans just accept it. I doubt the Heat will ever be loved but they'll have multiple rings.
treis
RealGM
And1: 60

Post#56 » by treis » Thu Jun 2, 2011 4:27 pm

Wow look, another Heat bashing thread.

No one else is curious how New Orleans was one of the best markets in terms of ratings?
sweet daddy
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#57 » by sweet daddy » Thu Jun 2, 2011 8:49 pm

Very interesting. I was curious how many people would watch, considering it was not a marquise matchup. As a Mavs fan, I am happy about it, even if we're just coat-tailing on Miami's marketability.
'daddy knows best'
metalinguss
Veteran
And1: 1,834

Post#58 » by metalinguss » Thu Jun 2, 2011 9:03 pm

Diggity Dave wrote:
e92kevin wrote:
shobe_81 wrote:90% viewers tuned in hoping for a Miami loss.
2% were Heat fans with tickets who forgot they had the tickets and decided to watch at home leaving the arena a bit empty.
3% were watching in anticipation of jumping on the bandwagon of the Heat.
5% of the rest were loyal Heat fans.

You forgot to mention the millions of fake heat fans who are truly only lebron fans/ ex cavs fans.

I love me some Jennifer Connelly.
Donald Kaufman
General Manager
And1: 601

Post#59 » by Donald Kaufman » Fri Jun 3, 2011 2:04 am

sweet daddy wrote:Very interesting. I was curious how many people would watch, considering it was not a marquise matchup. As a Mavs fan, I am happy about it, even if we're just coat-tailing on Miami's marketability.

:lol:

Return to The General Board