Durant, Howard, CP3 teaming up

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Would you be ok with Durant, Howard, CP3 teaming up?

Yes, I would actually cheer them to win a championship
51%
No, I won't support best players teaming up to win like the Heat did
49%

Total votes: 57

DrVanNostrand
Veteran
And1: 17

Re: Durant, Howard, CP3 teaming up 

Post#21 » by DrVanNostrand » Thu Jun 2, 2011 9:12 pm

Welcome to Brooklyn Dwight. The other two, dunno.
props to -MK-
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#22 » by Ayt » Thu Jun 2, 2011 9:20 pm

What if LeBron then demands to be traded to that team?
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,772

Post#23 » by RookieStar » Thu Jun 2, 2011 9:21 pm

IMO That would be the real BIG 3. You got the two most importsnt poisiton in the NBA locked up in Dwight and CP3 then you have the league leading scorer who is as tall as a C but moves like an SG in Durant.

HEck, put me in the SG and another realgm poster as the F and I bet we could beat up the lowest ranked NBA team. ( well ok not really )
memphislakers
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#24 » by memphislakers » Fri Jun 3, 2011 4:23 am

People wouldn't hate them as long as none of them do any dbag moves like "the decision". Plus, I don't think you should hate a team just because they're front office is smart and able to pair 3 superstars. OKC would likely have to give up Westbrook and Perkins to get Dwight and if they can create enough cap space to sign Paul then their front office is probably one of the best in the NBA. You also have to realize that no other teams give Paul and Howard as good an opportunity to win the championship as OKC does. The Magic are crippled with bad contracts and Otis Smith hasn't done a good job at all surrounding Dwight with talent and the same can be said about the Hornets to a lesser degree (a couple of years ago I thought the Hornets would be contenders every year but they have failed to live up to expectations). If Dwight and Paul don't go to OKC then where are they going to go?
#1 pick
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#25 » by #1 pick » Fri Jun 3, 2011 4:45 am

Can't happen, it would require Westbrook and Harden to get Dwight. CP3 will likely end up in Atlanta or New York. Teaming up with Joe Johnson and Al Horford who can both seriously benefit thanks to a CP3. Joe in the same sense that Pau Gasol improved with Kobe and Al Horford in the same sense as Malone as he's an elite pick and roll talent or New York with two offensive juggernauts in Amare and Melo. In Atlanta, they would probably also trade for Okafor giving them a complete team that only Boston has in the East.

In New York, they really don't have the assets but their market is more attractive and they would have CP3, Melo, and Amare would be a tough tandem to stop. They would still need a center since they really don't have the money to get both CP3 and Okafor from New Orleans. Okafor would likely be a player New Orleans wants to move with CP3 as his contract is pretty bad and would be hard to account for without CP3 or West.
Brooklyn_34
Sixth Man
And1: 209

Post#26 » by Brooklyn_34 » Fri Jun 3, 2011 4:58 am

That would be a completely devastating combination.

Devastating.

DHow will probably say in Orlando, but still, it's an interesting scenario.

A player like Durant would complement Howard tremendously. With CP3 in the mix, I can't see that team losing more than 20 games a season.
Xsy
Analyst
And1: 2,237

Post#27 » by Xsy » Fri Jun 3, 2011 5:14 am

Superteams are ruining the NBA.
Jazz on your face.

Return to The General Board