Dallas Mavericks: Most hated team IMO

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Re: Dallas Mavericks: Most hated team IMO 

Post#21 » by triplet1984 » Mon Jun 6, 2011 8:38 pm

Most hated by who? You?

Because they are not the most hated by the general NBA fan public, not by a longshot.
Soupman
Assistant Coach
And1: 759

Post#22 » by Soupman » Mon Jun 6, 2011 8:40 pm

Spurs/Heat win that award easily.
Convert municipal and agricultural waste to refined natural gas. Sell the refined natural gas to gas companies. Use the money to provide a monthly basic income to people that earn less than $28,000 a year.
Egg Nog
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,373

Post#23 » by Egg Nog » Mon Jun 6, 2011 8:43 pm

MagicMadness wrote:Most loved team of the moment, actually.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,139

Post#24 » by druggas » Mon Jun 6, 2011 8:44 pm

Phoenix Suns are the most hated in all of sports.
Brooklyn_34
Sixth Man
And1: 209

Post#25 » by Brooklyn_34 » Mon Jun 6, 2011 8:44 pm

Jeff23 wrote:I really like everybody on that team except that scrub Jason Terry. The mavs should have traded his ass for a legit second option years ago.

Yes indeed.

And that will do us in....

Lack of a bonafide scoring option next to Dirk.

That is the failing of the Dallas front office-- not putting a consistent scorer with Dirk.

Damn shame. Damned shame...
doctorfunk
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#26 » by doctorfunk » Mon Jun 6, 2011 8:54 pm

they did put Caron Butler
he could help out Mavs a bit now
Egg Nog
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,373

Post#27 » by Egg Nog » Mon Jun 6, 2011 8:57 pm

druggas wrote:Phoenix Suns are the most hated in all of sports.

No way. In the past, the Suns were always popular because they were so fun to watch. Now they're not even good enough to hate.
Sunk Cost
Senior
And1: 0

Post#28 » by Sunk Cost » Mon Jun 6, 2011 9:05 pm

Soupman wrote:Like Hollywood every story needs a villian.

Heat = Young popular "heros" from party central miami florida.

Mavs = old unpopular "villians" from 5 time superbowl town Dallas texas.

A lot of people hate the cowboys(eagle fans) and thus hate the mavs too.

Especially if it was 1995. The Cowboys would still have that kind of influence, and you'd have to tip your hat to this amazing group of youngsters

vw2xb
Freshman

Post#29 » by vw2xb » Mon Jun 6, 2011 9:11 pm

SunsWinSunsWin wrote:Okay...maybe not the "team" but some of the players I just can't stand....

Jason Terry: My most hated player currently playing in the NBA. I can't stand this guy. He is a streak shooter and that's it. He has a big mouth and I hate his Jet salute when he hits a shot. He talked trash about the Suns D last year during a regular season game at half time...Suns came back and destroyed them in the 2nd half and took Lakers to 6 games while his team suffered another first round exit. And he's one to talk about defense???

Jason Kidd: This guy flipped off all the fans in Phx during his first game back when he was traded to NJ. He was arrested in Phx for beating his wife, thus the reason he was shipped. Great player....Hall of fame player...But he's a jerk. His now ex-wife is also the biggest B@##@ I've ever seen as well. They were good for each other.

Marc Cuban: I don't know why, I just don't like him. Something about him doesn't rub me the right way. He's a good owner and the players love him so I'll give him that. He has a huge mouth and it was so classic to see him jinx his team on Letterman back in 06.

Shawn Marion: Cried like a baby while in Phx since he wasn't "the man" but yet he was the highest paid player on the team and had the longest tenure. Became a journey man until Cuban picked him up. Good player no doubt, and I was so sick to see him out of a Suns uniform, but he is way to sensitive and to complain when you are the highest paid player on the team just shows you what kind of guy he really is.

If you're going to bitch about Cuban, spell his name correctly. It's MarK Cuban. But whatever, glad you don't like these guys and it makes you think everyone else not like them either. I don't like you...so I guess everyone else doesn't like you. dumb ass.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#30 » by LApwnd » Mon Jun 6, 2011 9:13 pm

I like Dall even though they beat my Lakers....only guy I dont like on their team is Terry.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#31 » by GhostsOfGil » Mon Jun 6, 2011 9:39 pm

Tuff Gong wrote:
BBall_IQ wrote:Jason Terry might as well go down swinging like the cocky guy he is:

via Twitter
Jason Terry, on being guarded by LeBron James: "Let's see if he can defend me like that for seven games?"
Jason Terry, on Chris Bosh's Game 3 winning shot: "Juwan Howard could have made that shot."

What a douche bag.

15 threads minimum if LeBron makes such comments.

it goes both ways. 15 new heat fans enter realgm for every game the heat win
thedarkstark
Analyst
And1: 1,224

Post#32 » by thedarkstark » Mon Jun 6, 2011 9:43 pm

kyphi wrote:

Heat are not a young team.

This. They aren't old either, but the core is 27, 27, 29 and then all the rest of the cast is old as hell: Howard is 38, Z and Dampier are 36, Bibby is 33, Miller is 31, Haslem is 30, Anthony is 28, Chalmers is the youngest guy on the team at 25.

Compare that to a team like OKC: Durant 22, Westbrook 22, Ibaka 21, Harden 21, Perkins 27, Sefalosha 27.

Or even Chicago: Rose 22, Noah 26, Deng 26, Gibson 25, Asik 25, Brewer 26, Watson 27, Boozer 29, Korver 30.
BKing10
Sixth Man
And1: 914

Post#33 » by BKing10 » Mon Jun 6, 2011 9:46 pm

agreed, I dislike Stevenson, Terry, Cuban, and Peja (quit on the pacers) from the Mavs. While I only dislike Lebron and House from the Heat. And all the hate for Lebron makes me dislike him less.

It really is just the fact most people hate Lebron right now and are willing to overlook the Mavs knuckleheads and cheer on Dirk
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,538

Post#34 » by infinite11285 » Mon Jun 6, 2011 9:57 pm

thedarkstark wrote:
kyphi wrote:

Heat are not a young team.

This. They aren't old either, but the core is 27, 27, 29 and then all the rest of the cast is old as hell: Howard is 38, Z and Dampier are 36, Bibby is 33, Miller is 31, Haslem is 30, Anthony is 28, Chalmers is the youngest guy on the team at 25.

Compare that to a team like OKC: Durant 22, Westbrook 22, Ibaka 21, Harden 21, Perkins 27, Sefalosha 27.

Or even Chicago: Rose 22, Noah 26, Deng 26, Gibson 25, Asik 25, Brewer 26, Watson 27, Boozer 29, Korver 30.

A core of a 26, 27, and 29 year old is a good problem to have. Most players are in their primes between 26-32.
Dirk_diggler_41
Pro Prospect

Post#35 » by Dirk_diggler_41 » Mon Jun 6, 2011 10:21 pm

BBall_IQ wrote:Jason Terry might as well go down swinging like the cocky guy he is:

via Twitter
Jason Terry, on being guarded by LeBron James: "Let's see if he can defend me like that for seven games?"
Jason Terry, on Chris Bosh's Game 3 winning shot: "Juwan Howard could have made that shot."

Why does he talk so much? Someone should ask Terry whether Juwan Howard would've gone 0-7 in the fourth quarter during games 1 and 3. Someone should ask Terry whether Juwan Howard would have left Chalmers 20 feet open for a three at the end of game two. Someone should ask Terry whether Juwan Howard would have had a tattoo of the Larry O’Brien Trophy inked on his right biceps before ever winning a title. Someone should ask Terry whether Juwan Howard runs around the court like an airplane.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#36 » by LApwnd » Mon Jun 6, 2011 10:29 pm

Dirk_diggler_41 wrote:

via Twitter

Why does he talk so much? Someone should ask Terry whether Juwan Howard would've gone 0-7 in the fourth quarter during games 1 and 3. Someone should ask Terry whether Juwan Howard would have left Chalmers 20 feet open for a three at the end of game two. Someone should ask Terry whether Juwan Howard would have had a tattoo of the Larry O’Brien Trophy inked on his right biceps before ever winning a title. Someone should ask Terry whether Juwan Howard runs around the court like an airplane.

poor Dirk, must be tough to publicly support such a tool, if Terry game was as big as his mouth, Dall would be up now.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#37 » by Pimpwerx » Mon Jun 6, 2011 10:56 pm

doctorfunk wrote:
BBPurist wrote:
Tuff Gong wrote:Jason Terry, on Chris Bosh's Game 3 winning shot: "Juwan Howard could have made that shot."

What a douche bag.

15 threads minimum if LeBron makes such comments.

+1 on what he said

That's lucky shot, that's all,You don't need skill in that situation. You throw it, it goes in, it goes in.

You do know Bosh is one of the best midrange shooters in the league this season, right? He may be a bit off this finals, but that was far from a lucky shot. A Bosh 3 is a long shot, but he strokes those long jumpers with ease. He ate Chicago alive with it. He usually sticks to the elbow, but he's just as good with he baseline jumper, from either side. Best jumpshooter on our team. PEACE.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#38 » by Copperhead » Mon Jun 6, 2011 11:05 pm

LApwnd wrote:
, if Terry game was as big as his mouth, Dall would be up now.
starvinmarvin17
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#39 » by starvinmarvin17 » Mon Jun 6, 2011 11:12 pm

Dirk_diggler_41 wrote:

via Twitter

:lol:
SunsWinSunsWin
Senior
And1: 396

Post#40 » by SunsWinSunsWin » Wed Jun 8, 2011 12:13 am

vw2xb wrote:
SunsWinSunsWin wrote:Okay...maybe not the "team" but some of the players I just can't stand....

Jason Terry: My most hated player currently playing in the NBA. I can't stand this guy. He is a streak shooter and that's it. He has a big mouth and I hate his Jet salute when he hits a shot. He talked trash about the Suns D last year during a regular season game at half time...Suns came back and destroyed them in the 2nd half and took Lakers to 6 games while his team suffered another first round exit. And he's one to talk about defense???

Jason Kidd: This guy flipped off all the fans in Phx during his first game back when he was traded to NJ. He was arrested in Phx for beating his wife, thus the reason he was shipped. Great player....Hall of fame player...But he's a jerk. His now ex-wife is also the biggest B@##@ I've ever seen as well. They were good for each other.

Marc Cuban: I don't know why, I just don't like him. Something about him doesn't rub me the right way. He's a good owner and the players love him so I'll give him that. He has a huge mouth and it was so classic to see him jinx his team on Letterman back in 06.

Shawn Marion: Cried like a baby while in Phx since he wasn't "the man" but yet he was the highest paid player on the team and had the longest tenure. Became a journey man until Cuban picked him up. Good player no doubt, and I was so sick to see him out of a Suns uniform, but he is way to sensitive and to complain when you are the highest paid player on the team just shows you what kind of guy he really is.

If you're going to bitch about Cuban, spell his name correctly. It's MarK Cuban. But whatever, glad you don't like these guys and it makes you think everyone else not like them either. I don't like you...so I guess everyone else doesn't like you. dumb ass.

Where in my post did I ever say that my opinion is shared by everyone else regarding this topic? Or how about you read my first sentence where I say these are the players that I (which means me personally and not you or anyone else) can't stand. Moron... Getting butt hurt over using a c in Marc instead of a K? Seems like you need to see a therapist.

Marc Marc Marc Marc Marc Marc....Wow that feels so good!

Return to The General Board