The Miami Heat are just 2 simple adjustments from NBA Title.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

SolidSnake008
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: The Miami Heat are just 2 simple adjustments from NBA Ti 

Post#41 » by SolidSnake008 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Rick Carlisle has done an amazing job of preparing his players for what the Heat throws at them....The way he's been able to adjust on the fly and make it work is a testament to his skill and the trust that the players have in Rick....And one big part of it is that he isn't afraid to take risks i mean all of a sudden starting Barea? I would of thought that Spo would play Jones a bit for his 3pt shooting for spacing but he hasn't sniffed the floor.....Rick knew game 5 that Miami was going to try to get Lebron going early and for the most part Dallas weathered the storm and prevented Lebron from taking over the game.....Can a Miami fan please explain to me how Dallas is able to get away with Kidd Guarding Lebron James?
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#42 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Two adjustments

1. Take Udonis Haslem and Lebron's hearts out of their body

2. Put Haslem's heart in Lebron's body, put Lebron's heart in Haslem's body
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#43 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Lebron just needs to impose his will in the 4th... it is that simple.
Brooklyn_34
Sixth Man
And1: 209

Post#44 » by Brooklyn_34 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Blame Rasho wrote:Lebron just needs to impose his will in the 4th... it is that simple.

Even against the Dallas zone defense?

Even so, then where does Wade fit in? The rest of the team?

And when you (and others) say will, what do you mean?

Playmaking? He has done a lot of that.

Scoring? He has not done a lot of that, but even if he does, that does not ensure a Miami win. His jump shots will have to fall. He has a shaky jump shot to begin with. We will double him and take the ball out of his hands.

As I said before, LBJ and DWade will not decide this series.

They MUST get more production from Bosh and company. Chalmers must win his matchup with Barea/Terry.

If these things don't happen, we will be celebrating on Sunday (I hope).
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#45 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:35 pm

If you are a great player, you should be able to impose your will on the game.

It is on him, he is playing like ass. There is no excuse for that... Excuses are like ****... everyone has one.

I see all these different things that have said and at the end of the day, you have a player in Dirk that has been able to impose his will in winning time and another that hasn't.

It really is that simple.
Shamizy
Senior
And1: 1

Post#46 » by Shamizy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:49 pm

They are one loss away from losing the NBA Finals. :roll:
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 78

Post#47 » by JustAwesome » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Chandler is pretty good at taking charges, so constantly attacking him might backfire.
Hon-essim
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by Hon-essim » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:04 am

If you are a great player, you should be able to impose your will on the game.

That's just marketing myth mostly created by the likes of the media justifying why Kobe Bryant had to chuck when he had stacked teams.

Even Jordan had the triangle and before that, played smart playoffs basketball. Wade to an extent is also doing that but obviously not at the same rate as his 2006 self.

To say that Dirk is imposing his will is inaccurate. The D hasn't even thrown anything him. Dirk is just being Dirk because they let him be Dirk.

If you want a semblance of imposing their will: Wade comes close to doing that to Kidd. Dirk is doing nothing. He's just playing more efficiently since he hadn't had this easy of a time since the LA series.
Gerhalt11 wrote:What? He produces better results than he should? Fire that guy!

No coach. No GM. Probably no star. I swear, in my 23 years of following this team, I can't name a stranger time than this moment to be a supporter of the Magic.
bigbreakfast
Sixth Man
And1: 628

Post#49 » by bigbreakfast » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:24 am

gosh there's some NBA coaching talents in this thread, these ideas are genius. /green
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#50 » by Basileus777 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:40 am

Did I really see someone arguing that the solution to the Heat's problems is to isolate Joel Anthony against DIrk? RealGM never disappoints.
Hon-essim
Sixth Man

Post#51 » by Hon-essim » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:54 am

I said give Joel Anthony a few chances at the bucket whenever Dirk is on him, not isolate him. Indeed RealGM readers never disappoint.

No coach. No GM. Probably no star. I swear, in my 23 years of following this team, I can't name a stranger time than this moment to be a supporter of the Magic.
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#52 » by Basileus777 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:00 am

Hon-essim wrote:I said give Joel Anthony a few chances at the bucket whenever Dirk is on him, not isolate him.

Anthony isn't good for doing anything more than making uncontested layups on offense. Using plays that force Dirk to play help defense, going small to force him to guard Bosh...these things are possible. Your master plan of using Joel Anthony to tire out Nowitzski on defense is laughable at best.
Hon-essim
Sixth Man

Post#53 » by Hon-essim » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:07 am

Lol at master plan. As if this isn't something that teams don't do all the time.

The fact that you even bring up uncontested lay-ups is the laughable part. If you are at least going to pretend to have watched Joel Anthony don't suggest the weakest part of his almost non-existent offensive game. If you want him to score, it's mostly going to be on close range jump shots or put backs.

Dirk is not going to be tired because Anthony is playing offense. However Dirk at least is going to start playing D enough times that you can pass the ball to Anthony and he can pass it back and Dirk will be pre-occupied even when he isn't defending a scorer. It's called keeping the defense honest.

bigbreakfast
Sixth Man
And1: 628

Post#54 » by bigbreakfast » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:33 am

Hon-essim wrote:Lol at master plan. As if this isn't something that teams don't do all the time.

The fact that you even bring up uncontested lay-ups is the laughable part. If you are at least going to pretend to have watched Joel Anthony don't suggest the weakest part of his almost non-existent offensive game. If you want him to score, it's mostly going to be on close range jump shots or put backs.

Dirk is not going to be tired because Anthony is playing offense. However Dirk at least is going to start playing D enough times that you can pass the ball to Anthony and he can pass it back and Dirk will be pre-occupied even when he isn't defending a scorer. It's called keeping the defense honest.

by your own admission, the weakest part of anthony's game is uncontested layups. Dirk should just let anthony get open lay ups then. he misses, dirk conserves energy on D... plan foiled :(
Hon-essim
Sixth Man

Post#55 » by Hon-essim » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:47 am

Yeah...except basketball doesn't work like that. Nice try though.

Besides open lay-ups are different from uncontested ones. If Dirk does that enough times then it opens up more things than just Anthony's lay-ups. It's the equivalent of letting a bad shooter shoot the ball and letting a bad shooter shoot the ball but also being way out of position to make a defensive adjustment.

Studemire1
Sixth Man
And1: 107

Post#56 » by Studemire1 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:51 am

False. They already won. 8 championships.
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,056

Post#57 » by UGA Hayes » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:24 am

I know it will shock some people to hear it , but despite having James and Wade, the heat haven't been that great at getting into the paint in the post season. Teams have pretty much conceded the jumpshot and pass to pack the paint all postseason. It was why I was kind of pissed at the officiating in the Celtics series (yes, we would have lost anyway), but they really aren't getting all the way into the paint, unless you count transition points. Way, Way, way more often they are pinballing off there man for a stepback shot. I don't think its a coincidence that they aren't winning as much now that they aren't shooting as many FT, which as an integral part of their offense.
Hon-essim
Sixth Man

Post#58 » by Hon-essim » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:12 am

So much for the Chandler-Dirk puzzle being hard to figure out.

I wonder what you all think now after Dirk's first half. Anthony even started the whole thing missing a shot with Dirk on him and then playing tight on the other end. One and a half possession, that's what it takes to take Dirk out of the game. (Yes, he got in foul trouble but it wasn't early foul trouble and he was still struggling taking open shots)

Now Dirk will obviously play better in the 2nd half especially since the Heat seems to be going away from what worked for them well both offensively and defensively in the beginning but this is why it's not stupid to at least let the ball rotate to Joel Anthony or some other player that Dirk is assigned on. He and Kobe are kind of the same in that you want to defend them early rather than when fatigue has set in.

koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Post#59 » by koogiking » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:44 am

ComeAtMeBro wrote:
SadKingsFan wrote:There's no doubt in my mind that Rick Adelman is the perfect coach for this Miami team. It's actually a shame that they got this far, because i doubt Spoelstra will be let go anytime soon.

Yes, sir. Adelman's offensive system would make Bosh look great, as well as LeBron and just about everybody else.

Put things into CONTEXT. The Houston Rockets team is arguably bottom 3, 5 in offensive talent. They literally have very limited offensive capabilities and they were top 3, 5 this year. Give Adelman to Miami and you'll see one of the hardest offensives to stop EVER.

The Houston Rockets team has a ton of offensive talent. Definately not bottom 5.

Kevin Martin has always been a super effiecient scorer that is good for about 22+PPG that plays very well off the ball, draws a good amount of fouls and makes outside jumpshots at a great rate.

Luis Scola is a very great post up player. He may have the best post moves out of any player in the NBA right now. He's definately one of the top post scorers.

Chuck Hayes is a great passing big man.

The Rockets may not have the most offensive talent, but they are far from the bottom 3 in offensive talent. They have a lot of offensive talent. They lack defensive talent, not offensive talent.

Return to The General Board