Predictions for the Heat this offseason

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

KhanAir23
Banned User
And1: 0

Predictions for the Heat this offseason 

Post#1 » by KhanAir23 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:07 pm

1. Spoelstra gets fired
2. Chirs Bosh is traded
Ditchweed
Starter
And1: 89

Re: Predictions for the Heat this offseason 

Post#2 » by Ditchweed » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Pat Riley gets LeBron a copy of Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People".
USA
Banned User
And1: 455

Post#3 » by USA » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:11 pm

Spo getting canned is the only 'big' thing that will probably happen. They need a coach that can get through to Lebron, similar to Shaq. They are not going to trade Bosh. They just got to the finals in their first year together. They will give it another shot with these 3. Until the new CBA comes out, they are stuck with this roster for the most part.
BeasleyTheBeast
Analyst
And1: 49

Post#4 » by BeasleyTheBeast » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Miami Heat need to sign Sammy D and Carl Landry and let Pat Riley take over.
Inreponse to Derrick Rose's Brother criticising the Bulls FO

RunSunRun wrote:"Wait...Derrick Rose has a brother, can he play?"

- Suns front office
NYawKa11
Junior
And1: 83

Post#5 » by NYawKa11 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:18 pm

I think they will sign Dalembert for the MLE, if there is one. It makes sense. They need a center who can shotblock and defend. Dalembert would fit in Miami b/c it's the closest NBA city to his native Haiti, which he is very involved in.

I see them trying to trade Mike Miller for a PG. Mike Miller is kind of redundant since they have James Jones who can hit those 3's from the SF spot.

Maybe something like Joel Anthony and Mike Miller for Jose Calderon? This is assuming they sign Dalembert, which makes Anthony expendable. Or maybe Mike Miller for Luke Ridnour (since Minnesota has a million point guards).
KhanAir23
Banned User

Post#6 » by KhanAir23 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:18 pm

USA wrote:Spo getting canned is the only 'big' thing that will probably happen. They need a coach that can get through to Lebron, similar to Shaq. They are not going to trade Bosh. They just got to the finals in their first year together. They will give it another shot with these 3. Until the new CBA comes out, they are stuck with this roster for the most part.

Reasons for bosh being traded: a tightening new cba will make this 3 player with highly paid salaries less feasible, and there’s no way there gettin rid of lbj or wade
and also those 3 guys who dont exactly complement each other well, bosh is the odd man out.
probably not a bad move if they can get 2 for 1 type deal for him that gives them more then 3 players who arent scrubs on the team which is a def plus and bosh is a bit of a nut job and over paid anyways
jonskilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 85

Post#7 » by jonskilly » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:20 pm

KhanAir23 wrote:1. Spoelstra gets fired
2. Chirs Bosh is traded
3. Chris bosh commits suicide
Shaheen
Suspended

KhanAir23
Banned User

Post#8 » by KhanAir23 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:24 pm

jonskilly wrote:
KhanAir23 wrote:1. Spoelstra gets fired
2. Chirs Bosh is traded
3. Chris bosh commits suicide

4. Lebron makes a Nike commercial about how his life is better then mine :(
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#9 » by chrbal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:23 pm

5- the 31st pick in the draft (miamis) will hold a press conference about how hes taking his talents to south beach. Unfortunatley this will only be held on a public access channel.

Honestly, I think they'll retain Spoelstra for the start and he'll wind up the fall guy. Mike Miller will be traded, but i just don't see him having this great value anymore.

How long before Joel Anthony becomes a pariah in Miami though? Hes a nice role player, but there is no way he should ever average 27 minutes in the postseason.

It will be interesting to see what happens with all their free agents;\
Chalmers- my guess is hes looking at a pretty good payday. Miami or otherwise.
Dampier, Bibby, Ilgauskas, Dampier, and Howard. This is where I think it gets interesting. Do all these guys hang on? My guess is only Zydrunas does it. Bibby would be better off leaving. Dampier could've been an asset against Dallas, but erik didn't see it that way.
ShowtimeFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Post#10 » by ShowtimeFan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:54 pm

First off, no other team are looking to 'help" the Heat, so don't look for a: "Garbage Out - Star In" type of trade..

And who do they have (besides their Big 3) that anybody wants? Not Miller, maybe Haslem...

Answer: no one

Look for them to try and sign some old Vets on the downside of their career..

Like Alan Iverson...
celtics792244
Rookie
And1: 794

Post#11 » by celtics792244 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:54 pm

I'm taking this thread in a different angle. I'm looking at the big 3 and their reactions to last night's loss and making a prediction at what you will see next year...

I have absolutely NO problems with Bosh crying over the loss. I want players that care on my team that I root for (which Miami is not). This man is going to push himself over this summer. I would expect him to come back heavier with a little more beef on the upper body to help the team rebound the ball. I also expect him to take a page out of Rondo's book and read up on how to be a leader, be more assertive, so he can demand to see the ball more.

Looking at Wade in last nights press conference, he's hurting and also going to work his tail off. I expect him to probably watch a lot of film on Ray Allen and Reggie Miller and how they move WITHOUT the ball. This means a lot of practice shooting the ball coming off of screens. I can envision him being encouraged with the idea that if he adds this to his game, it can add longevity to his career by not having as much stress on his body. MJ added the fadeaway to his game for the very same reason.

And lastly, LeBron. I make no bones about it. I dislike him. I do not enjoy watching him play. I think I would appreciate his talents in an "And 1" league, but not in this league. His traveling with the ball and getting away with it drives me crazy. That being said, listen to his words and tone in his voice. I expect Lebron to be the same exact player as he was this year. He believes that where he is at is good enough. He believes he works hard enough. While I do not doubt he works just as hard as the average NBA player, he never had to 'really' push himself to the next level of Bird and MJ. Everything seems to come to easy for him with God given talent. Not talking vehicles here, strictly from a basketball standpoint. He didn't get cut from his high school basketball team.

When you do factor that certain sense of entitlement in life away from the court, hey that's just one of the breaks in life he was dealt and we all wish we had it, it is very hard to see him placing any blame on himself to use as motivation. Hey, not blaming him for the way he is, that is all he has ever known.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#12 » by The Laker Kid » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:20 pm

Spo becomes a GM and fires Pat Riley
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,065

Post#13 » by tidho » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:29 pm

Unless the CBA forces a move the big 3 aren't going anywhere...and the CBA isn't going to do anything that would sink Miami anyway. There's never going to be a truely hard cap, you'll always have vetmin deals.

I hope the coach stays, you really can't say it was his fault. The whole organization deserves at least one offseason to add pieces around the core.
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#14 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:30 pm

Learn to speak softly, and carry a big stick.
Don't have a celebration party before the season starts.
Got Raps FanFiction?

Return to The General Board