If Wade was the man, why is LeBron getting the grief?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Bucksfans1and2
Banned User
And1: 189

Re: If Wade was the man, why is LeBron getting the grief? 

Post#41 » by Bucksfans1and2 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Because the best player in the world should be the man. But for some reason he refuses to be the man.
Kobeskillz
Sixth Man
And1: 404

Post#42 » by Kobeskillz » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:48 pm

druggas wrote:Because people like Wade.

Hahahah end of Thread. Seriously Wade is a likeable dude so he gets away with a lot of things Kobe and especially James could never get away with.

We give Wade mad props for 06 but a bad 11 finals and everyone sweeps it under the carpet and moves along.
Shane Battier on Kobe: "I always seem to end up on Kobe Island at some point or another, all expense paid."
DarthBane
Senior
And1: 0

Post#43 » by DarthBane » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:48 pm

The two main reasons for me are:

1) Fear/Effort/Assertiveness? - Not quite sure what to call but he didn't seem engaged for most of the series. There are a few plays that come to mind. I think it was game 3 where he had Kidd isolated and instead of driving to the basket, which is his strongest skill, he took a long range step back 2 jumper? Why? In game 6 he had Barea on his back and somehow managed to take an offensive foul because he needed to push off to create space? Once again, why? Just back him down, or face up and drive past him! I understand he lacks some fundamental go to moves, but there's no reason why Barea should ever be able to stop him.

And lastly, by comparison, Wade seemed far more desperate and hungry to win. I saw Wade diving for loose balls on the offensive end, blocking 7 footers (repeatedly), forcing turnovers. And TSherkin is right to the effect that Wade had more rest and was far fresher throughout the series, but that doesn't explain the lack of effort at the start of most games.

2) Expectations - "The Decision" was a bad move, but talking about winning 8 championships before even stepping on the floor just puts a spot light on you. You HAVE to deliver after making a statement like that. You have to be the best player on the floor. He wasn't even the best player on his team. He was outscored by Shawn Marion who has no jump shot and one move (baby half hook?).

LeBron wasn't terrible by any stretch, but he's expected to perform much better in a series of this magnitude. Personally, I thought he got unwarranted criticism after putting up a triple-double, but by that point, there was no way to slow down the hate train.
TribeZulu
Sixth Man
And1: 134

Post#44 » by TribeZulu » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Biggest game of LeBron's life and he was what... a -24?
If you can't beat em... at least grab their gonads
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Post#45 » by poeman » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Because Lebron is the self proclaimed KING, CHOSEN ONE, THE BEST, GREATNESS

In fact, he is nowhere near those
USA
Banned User
And1: 455

Re: Free pass? Kg and wade. 

Post#46 » by USA » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:53 pm

GYBE wrote: KG was a failure for not carrying Mark Blount and Mike James to the title.

BS. The argument is KG MISSING the playoffs 3 years in a row not winning a championship with those guys.
Kobeskillz
Sixth Man
And1: 404

Post#47 » by Kobeskillz » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:54 pm

dm17415 wrote:
Godzilla039 wrote:Image

Look at the first 10 games for Kobe and compare it to Lebron. Also Kobe's fg% after 37 games is atrocious.

Tell me one finals team James or Wade have played that had as good as a defense as the 04 Pistons and the 08, 10 Celtics?

Those teams were beast defensively and James would have fared worse without a jumper.
Shane Battier on Kobe: "I always seem to end up on Kobe Island at some point or another, all expense paid."
duyduck
Ballboy

Post#48 » by duyduck » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Dallas had their defense set up against Lebron. Even though they are not a Top 5 defensive team, the point of the playoffs is to stop the #1 option.

This is why they wanted to join up, so when someone is taken out, the other guy steps up.

If Dallas is trying to double Lebron, with another help guy, Wade needs to take over to win the game right?

We'll Wade didn't, but that ends up being Lebrons fault.

Go rewatch some of the replays, Dallas has their best defender on Lebron most of the time, bringing the double, and a third guy in the paint to prevent his drives. That is why Lebron is passing it off. Wade didn't get it done, and gets a free pass.

By the way, Wade was the one that started the coughing incident, but they shared the blame on it. Thats how the finals should be remembered, but its not.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,161

Post#49 » by tsherkin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:06 pm

DarthBane wrote:He wasn't even the best player on his team. He was outscored by Shawn Marion who has no jump shot and one move (baby half hook?).

It should be mentioned that Shawn Marion has basically one skill on offense apart from his athletic ability, and that is off-ball movement. He is FANTASTIC at knowing where and when to be, one of the best in the league over the last 20, 25 years, let alone during his own career to date. Reminds me a little of James Worthy in that sense. Also, Dallas' offense was team-oriented; they passed exceptionally well and they were fantastic at off-ball movement.

By contrast, Miami's offense was repeatedly found to be stale, without a lot of good movement. And their spacing was generally weak as well.

Still, it was a little amusing and embarrassing for Lebron when Marion played that well.
Prop
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#50 » by Prop » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:11 pm

i've always found the "well, he has a ring" argument to be completely stupid. how does winning a title 5 years ago excuse you from any wrong now? winning back then doesn't change the fact that if you screwed up today it hurts the team you're playing on...today. so i don't understand why people point to the past like that.

when you're at work do you guys pull that same crap? "yes, you're right sir, i've been dropping the ball on a bunch of accounts lately...but...uh, remember the Evans deal? remember that? 5 years ago? the big Evans deal i closed? can i be excused now?"
Prop
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#51 » by Prop » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:15 pm

duyduck wrote:Dallas had their defense set up against Lebron. Even though they are not a Top 5 defensive team, the point of the playoffs is to stop the #1 option.

This is why they wanted to join up, so when someone is taken out, the other guy steps up.

If Dallas is trying to double Lebron, with another help guy, Wade needs to take over to win the game right?

We'll Wade didn't, but that ends up being Lebrons fault.

Go rewatch some of the replays, Dallas has their best defender on Lebron most of the time, bringing the double, and a third guy in the paint to prevent his drives. That is why Lebron is passing it off. Wade didn't get it done, and gets a free pass.

By the way, Wade was the one that started the coughing incident, but they shared the blame on it. Thats how the finals should be remembered, but its not.

everyone seems to want to ignore that. even still, bron could've and should've played better.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#52 » by Wilford Brimley » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Wade can't with w/o Shaq?....
Conclusion
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#53 » by Conclusion » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Cause people just like to make fun of LeBron.

He's not the GOAT, but gets all the criticism like he is the GOAT, but failed.
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#54 » by qm22 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Wade had the best series of anyone on either team, I believe that should be the prime reason why he does not get grief. He does deserve it on a small scale for some of his mistakes, and his game 6.

Wade was unreal in that series.
DarthBane
Senior

Post#55 » by DarthBane » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:48 pm

duyduck wrote:Go rewatch some of the replays, Dallas has their best defender on Lebron most of the time, bringing the double, and a third guy in the paint to prevent his drives. That is why Lebron is passing it off. Wade didn't get it done, and gets a free pass.

There were lots of times where LeBron had someone other than Marion guarding him due to switches, or transition defense assignments. I remember plenty of times where guys who are much smaller than him were D-ing him up (Kidd, Terry, Barea) -- even if it was for 2-3 posessions in a quarter. He has to take advantage of those situations and he rarely did.

LeBron was hardly doubled all series long. He had Marion on him for most of the series and to Marion's credit, he did a fantastic job staying patient.

It's true that Dallas crowded the paint, but Wade found a way to get in there and get foul calls. Wade had two good defensive players in Stevenson and Kidd guarding him all series, so if Wade could do it, why couldn't LeBron?
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#56 » by Next Coming » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:56 pm

If you're considered the best player on the planet you're going to get judged differently. POINT BLANK!

And lol at comparing Wade's one bad game to LeBron's series of fail.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#57 » by Wilford Brimley » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:57 pm

Off the top of my head:

Game 2

-Blew a 15 point lead
-Missed the game winner

Game 4

-Lost the ball on the last play

Game 6

-Shot 38% (0-4 from 3)
-5 TOs
-0 points in the 4th Q

Discuss
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#58 » by john2jer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Wade, on the whole, showed up for the Finals. LeBron did not. LeBron needs to accept the Pippen role and defer to Wade. It needs to be Wade's team.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#59 » by JordansBulls » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Well Wade already won as the man and this was supposed to be where Lebron dominated and he didn't. In fact it was another bad finals.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
duyduck
Ballboy

Post#60 » by duyduck » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Next Coming wrote:If you're considered the best player on the planet you're going to get judged differently. POINT BLANK!

And lol at comparing Wade's one bad game to LeBron's series of fail.

Lebron definately deserves what he is getting. Just trying to see why Wade doesn't share of the criticism?

When Dirk failed in '06, it was all on him. Same as many other teams that have failed in the past, you put it on the superstar.

We'll, the Heat have 2 superstars. They should share the burden for their failure.

Return to The General Board