People hate Lebron and Bosh for leaving, but...

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

MLSE
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: People hate Lebron and Bosh for leaving, but... 

Post#61 » by MLSE » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Did someone say ESPN is anti Lebron?

They have a Miami Heat Index for Christ sakes.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#62 » by LLcoleJ » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:51 pm

D-Wade316 wrote:
Volcano wrote:LMAO at people thinking Lebron/Bosh get hated on for the way they left.

They just mad bro. They would accept LBJ, Wade, Bosh in their team in a heartbeat. They just mad.

What does one have to do with the other?

I think it's pretty standard that the majority of any fan base of any team would like most players if they come to their team and are as good as these guys are.

What I don't understand is why Heat fans care so much if others " hate' their current players.

If all of the hoopla was on another team. The Heat fandom would be on the side of everyone else. It's just trendy to jump on the 'hate' bandwagons and IMO it's not big of a deal.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Akshan
Sixth Man

Post#63 » by Akshan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:52 pm

How can you say they wouldn't this is the first time I have seen a Big Three form by players your not the owner of the Bulls I think any team even Golden State would have thrown a parade for landing LeBron and Wade. I'm a Miami Heat fan for a long time and even I felt the parade was crazy but hey the players wanted to do it we can't blame them for that.

Second I heard he was told by Nike and other brands to do the decision to raise revenue for his brand which in turn bought there companies money. This kid at 18 had a 100 million dollars he didn't work his way to the top of the league like Dwyane Wade he was placed there and that's why I was never really a big fan. I support him since he plays for my team but if he in Chicago I could care less about him.

Plus I bought up Kobe Bryant because people always want to hate on LeBron and forget what Kobe or past players did heck we can even say Shaq and Kareem they both left there teams to go to the Lakers.Also if Derrick Rose is 28 and makes the mistake I know he won't get the hate like LeBron did.
CHI BULLS
PG - Michael Carter - Williams , Jerian Grant
SG- DWYANE WADE , Denzel Valentine
SF- Jimmy Butler,Nikola Mirotic,Doug McDermott PF-Taj Gibson,Paul Zipzer
C -Robin Lopez, Cristiano Felicio,
MICHAEL BEASLEY FAN, 9 On Me Like Rondo AYE
Akshan
Sixth Man

Post#64 » by Akshan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:54 pm

MLSE wrote:Did someone say ESPN is anti Lebron?

ESPN would have made a index for the Wolves if LeBron and Wade played there!
CHI BULLS
NoahISmyNinja
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#65 » by NoahISmyNinja » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:54 pm

ropjhk wrote:There are dozens of reasons to dislike Lebron. Leaving the Cavs is just one of many. There may be some people who hate him just for the fact that he left the team that drafted him, just as the OP speculates, but most people have other reasons. Dozens of other high profile players have left the team that drafted them in their prime and none of them received the level of hate Lebron has endured for good reason.

The topic of why Lebron is hated has been discussed over and over again. People should stop asking why people hate Lebron and not so and so and just accept that the hatred is there. Stop looking for a way to catch people in a moment of hypocrisy because Lebron's situation has so many components that it's incomparable to any other player in the league.

+1

I mean seriously? People need to look at recent history. Did most people outside of Orlando care that Shaq left for LA? I'm inclined to say no.

You can't POSSIBLY believe that Lebron has EVER been as dominant as a PRIME SHAQ can you?

People don't like LeBron because he's JUST NOT THAT LIKEABLE right now. Add in the fact that this is the age of INSTANT media and unprecedented access into the players personal lives. On the flip side of it, Lebron has a GREAT life! So not only does he NOT care that I root against him or dislike him, he also DOESN'T need any apologists.

This is sports, we are fans, Lebron is a villan. Does the equation need to be any more simple than that?
arsenfan
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#66 » by arsenfan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:58 pm

JoeyMorgan619 wrote:People who say they hate Lebron for the way he left rather than actually leaving. Get real. No you don't...

exactly nobody said anything when they threw a parade for shaq but they do the exact same thing for lebron and bosh and it's a problem let me tell you all something you qalready know in you're heart
ENVY that green eyed monster is the reason and you know what i can't even blame you for being jealous because if i was a fan of a team that tore everything down in preparation for THE BIGGEST FREE AGENCY EVER and all the decidedly best talent available decided to go/stay in one place i would be heartbroken tbh if wade had left last year i would have cried i really would have so i can see why you're jealous and angry but what makes me lose respect for you and hate you guys is all the flimsy excuses you give for why you have a right to hate lebron i mean seriously if you guys could come up with an excuse that i could'nt shoot down by proving hypocrisy or any other form of idiocy i would stop watching basketball forever

the decision-1 where was all the hate 5 minutes before the show started now everyone hates him because he's egotistical and did this but nobody had anything to say when there was a chance he was coming to their team it was ok then and 2 everybody conveniently forgets what a charitable event this was and the millions of dollars that were raised for the girls and boys club of america

the parade-1 this parade was a celebration for miami heat fans not because we thought we already had the championship won but because we had just scored a huge win by signing the first and second best player in the world and one of the top 15 best players in the nba i mean if cleveland fans can be happy over some draft picks who the hell are you to tell us we can't celebrate that
and 2 nobody had a word to say when shaq had his parade and promised championships(by the way lebron never promised championships like shaq did he simply stated that his goal was a championship for every year he's here and if that's a bad thing then everyone in the nba should be hated) so why is it ok for shaq and not for lebron HYPOCRICY
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#67 » by magicman123 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Akshan wrote:Even with the hate LeBron James was number one in jersey sells and number three in votes for the all-star game

lebron buys a lot of his own jerseys
NoahISmyNinja
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#68 » by NoahISmyNinja » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:03 pm

arsenfan wrote:....so why is it ok for shaq and not for lebron HYPOCRICY

Easy answer: Because Shaq is not as big a douche as Lebron and is WAY more likeable.

Even though I was NEVER a fan of Shaq and I pretty much always rooted against his teams, he was ALWAYS more likeable and MUCH less of a D-bag than LeBron is.
arsenfan
Sophomore

Post#69 » by arsenfan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Aki wrote:people aren't only fuming at the way he left.

they hate lebron (and to a lesser extent) bosh because they decided to leave to the same team. joining forces to destroy the competition in their primes by shortcutting the team building process everyone works so hard for.

a team works so hard, gathers the assets, makes all the right trades to claw inch by inch towards a championship and lebron/wade/bosh decide to team up and forces you to watch as they have a pre-season parade for themselves.

how would you feel?

1 how is the way lebron/,wade and bosh did it any different from the way everyone does it and 2 nobody forced you to watch anything
Akshan
Sixth Man

Post#70 » by Akshan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:09 pm

magicman123 wrote:
Akshan wrote:Even with the hate LeBron James was number one in jersey sells and number three in votes for the all-star game

lebron buys a lot of his own jerseys

LOL or his hate is only one percent of the 6.4 billion population in the world I didn't buy a jersey of his loll but I do have Big Three t-shirts loll and I'm root for Miami and only for Miami because unlike other 15 win teams my team has the godfather in Pat Riley who got rid of all the cap space and got 3 All-Star players.
CHI BULLS
Akshan
Sixth Man

Post#71 » by Akshan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:09 pm

arsenfan wrote:
JoeyMorgan619 wrote:People who say they hate Lebron for the way he left rather than actually leaving. Get real. No you don't...

exactly nobody said anything when they threw a parade for shaq but they do the exact same thing for lebron and bosh and it's a problem let me tell you all something you qalready know in you're heart
ENVY that green eyed monster is the reason and you know what i can't even blame you for being jealous because if i was a fan of a team that tore everything down in preparation for THE BIGGEST FREE AGENCY EVER and all the decidedly best talent available decided to go/stay in one place i would be heartbroken tbh if wade had left last year i would have cried i really would have so i can see why you're jealous and angry but what makes me lose respect for you and hate you guys is all the flimsy excuses you give for why you have a right to hate lebron i mean seriously if you guys could come up with an excuse that i could'nt shoot down by proving hypocrisy or any other form of idiocy i would stop watching basketball forever

the decision-1 where was all the hate 5 minutes before the show started now everyone hates him because he's egotistical and did this but nobody had anything to say when there was a chance he was coming to their team it was ok then and 2 everybody conveniently forgets what a charitable event this was and the millions of dollars that were raised for the girls and boys club of america

the parade-1 this parade was a celebration for miami heat fans not because we thought we already had the championship won but because we had just scored a huge win by signing the first and second best player in the world and one of the top 15 best players in the nba i mean if cleveland fans can be happy over some draft picks who the hell are you to tell us we can't celebrate that
and 2 nobody had a word to say when shaq had his parade and promised championships(by the way lebron never promised championships like shaq did he simply stated that his goal was a championship for every year he's here and if that's a bad thing then everyone in the nba should be hated) so why is it ok for shaq and not for lebron HYPOCRICY

+1
CHI BULLS
arsenfan
Sophomore

Post#72 » by arsenfan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:10 pm

NoahISmyNinja wrote:
arsenfan wrote:....so why is it ok for shaq and not for lebron HYPOCRICY

Easy answer: Because Shaq is not as big a douche as Lebron and is WAY more likeable.

Even though I was NEVER a fan of Shaq and I pretty much always rooted against his teams, he was ALWAYS more likeable and MUCH less of a D-bag than LeBron is.

uhhh what makes him unlikeable? (btw shaq is my favourite player ever)
MLSE
Banned User

Post#73 » by MLSE » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Akshan wrote:
MLSE wrote:Did someone say ESPN is anti Lebron?

ESPN would have made a index for the Wolves if LeBron and Wade played there!

Exactly what I'm saying.
MLSE
Banned User

Post#74 » by MLSE » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Regardless of the happiness fans had, the parade is completely unnecessary.
Akshan
Sixth Man

Post#75 » by Akshan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:32 pm

MLSE you look like a Raptors fan if you could get rid of everyone off your roster and get LeBron James and Dwyane Wade while having Chris Bosh stay would you throw a parade Yes or No ?
CHI BULLS
Conrad420
Junior

Post#76 » by Conrad420 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:39 pm

K1NG wrote:
Ribalding wrote:People don't hate Bosch. And they don't hate Lebron for leaving. They hate him for the WAY he left.

Don't get it twisted.

You're that sensitive that you hate him for the WAY he left? :rofl:

Life's gonna be tough for you.

:lol: hmmm im guessing your a lebron fan cuz you seem to be a little butt hurt, especially since this whole thread is hating on him and this posts actually makes the most sense.

No offense but im sure LIFE sucks for you.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#77 » by LLcoleJ » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:39 pm

Akshan wrote:MLSE you look like a Raptors fan if you could get rid of everyone off your roster and get LeBron James and Dwyane Wade while having Chris Bosh stay would you throw a parade Yes or No ?

again, I don't see the connection between players on the team you root for being hated on. And then having those players on another team in another scenario.

of course fans would want these guys.

I could easily say, if these guys were not on the Heat and let's say all on the Knicks. ( a known rival of MIA) would Heat fans hate on those guys? Sure they would. But they still would and do want them on their team.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Worthy1ne
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#78 » by Worthy1ne » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:50 pm

For all the Heat fans that are flabbergasted by the disdain fans of other teams showed the Heat all I have to say is get over yourself. I live in south Florida and these same Heat fans that come to the defense of LBJ, as should be expected by the way, are the same ones who were showing an ample amount of anger at D Wade for not signing an extension a couple of years earlier and were downright apoplectic when he visited the Bulls during his much more toned down free agent excursions. There is not a Heat fan alive that can tell me they would not be hating D Wade the exact same way other fans hated on LBJ if he did the Decision and subsequently had a premature celebration bragging they would win 7 or 8 rings.

I personally think that the Decision was almost mean spirited as well as self indulgent farce that I'm surprised LBJ didn't think would make him out to be the Grinch that stole a city's dream. Of course every team he visited wanted him and whoever says they didn't is lying. As a Bulls fan I drooled over the thought of D Rose and LBJ trading alley oops to each other and Bosh giving us a true post presence. So I definitely rooted against them not only because we didn't get them but, also for the obnoxious Johnny Come REAL Lately Heat fans who talked so much ish about how they were taking over basketball. I can't speak for the commentators or journalists who definitely had something against the Heat but to think there would not be an extremely high level of hate is bordering on delusional.

As a Chicago sports fan I can tell you definitively, There is always next year.
MLSE
Banned User

Post#79 » by MLSE » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Akshan wrote:MLSE you look like a Raptors fan if you could get rid of everyone off your roster and get LeBron James and Dwyane Wade while having Chris Bosh stay would you throw a parade Yes or No ?

The **** no I would have a parade.

No way would I want a parade, I want a parade for winning.

You can take that how you want, but I am very serious... I'm not a fan of counting chickens before they hatch.

edit: My favorite time of year isnt free agency or the draft, it's the postseason. As a Toronto Sports fan I am sick of losing, nothing else matters to me but getting a chip.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#80 » by LApwnd » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Mia has a way of throwing parades for big name players acquisition, look at the la/mia shaq trade, he got a parade of somesort....that 3 man party/intro thing wasn't bad thing, just what the 3 guys had to say that people hate on em for.

Return to The General Board