People hate Lebron and Bosh for leaving, but...

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Akshan
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: People hate Lebron and Bosh for leaving, but... 

Post#81 » by Akshan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Worthy1ne wrote:For all the Heat fans that are flabbergasted by the disdain fans of other teams showed the Heat all I have to say is get over yourself. I live in south Florida and these same Heat fans that come to the defense of LBJ, as should be expected by the way, are the same ones who were showing an ample amount of anger at D Wade for not signing an extension a couple of years earlier and were downright apoplectic when he visited the Bulls during his much more toned down free agent excursions. There is not a Heat fan alive that can tell me they would not be hating D Wade the exact same way other fans hated on LBJ if he did the Decision and subsequently had a premature celebration bragging they would win 7 or 8 rings.

I personally think that the Decision was almost mean spirited as well as self indulgent farce that I'm surprised LBJ didn't think would make him out to be the Grinch that stole a city's dream. Of course every team he visited wanted him and whoever says they didn't is lying. As a Bulls fan I drooled over the thought of D Rose and LBJ trading alley oops to each other and Bosh giving us a true post presence. So I definitely rooted against them not only because we didn't get them but, also for the obnoxious Johnny Come REAL Lately Heat fans who talked so much ish about how they were taking over basketball. I can't speak for the commentators or journalists who definitely had something against the Heat but to think there would not be an extremely high level of hate is bordering on delusional.

As a Chicago sports fan I can tell you definitively, There is always next year.

Dwyane Wade made Miami Heat basketball and is one of the reasons I still watch the NBA so I would root for him even if he decided to sign with the Sacramento Kings.If Dwyane Wade had left Miami and Miami had gotten the 1st and 4th pick in a draft I would have been fine because my team has good management.Pat Riley from 2006 to now made my team go from 15 wins to 2 wins away from a title. Plus you live in South Florida and I been to South Florida , Miami is not a big basketball place but it's an amazing place to live and if I was 25 and had millions I would live in Miami ... I love South Beach and Biscyane Blvd.Also Miami fans are always late because come on its Miami they out drinking and **** but come playoffs it's packed and really loud you can't judge them based of the rich people who sit in the 2 grand seats.
CHI BULLS
PG - Michael Carter - Williams , Jerian Grant
SG- DWYANE WADE , Denzel Valentine
SF- Jimmy Butler,Nikola Mirotic,Doug McDermott PF-Taj Gibson,Paul Zipzer
C -Robin Lopez, Cristiano Felicio,
MICHAEL BEASLEY FAN, 9 On Me Like Rondo AYE
Akshan
Sixth Man

Post#82 » by Akshan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:06 pm

MLSE wrote:
Akshan wrote:MLSE you look like a Raptors fan if you could get rid of everyone off your roster and get LeBron James and Dwyane Wade while having Chris Bosh stay would you throw a parade Yes or No ?

The **** no I would have a parade.

No way would I want a parade, I want a parade for winning.

You can take that how you want, but I am very serious... I'm not a fan of counting chickens before they hatch.

edit: My favorite time of year isnt free agency or the draft, it's the postseason. As a Toronto Sports fan I am sick of losing, nothing else matters to me but getting a chip.

Toronto is really not a big party place loll Miami always throws parades for big names look at Shaq when we got him but guess to each is their own and sorry to burst your bubble but Toronto getting a chip won't happen for a long time especially if they draft a player who won't be in the NBA for another 1 or 2 years
CHI BULLS
PG - Michael Carter - Williams , Jerian Grant
SG- DWYANE WADE , Denzel Valentine
SF- Jimmy Butler,Nikola Mirotic,Doug McDermott PF-Taj Gibson,Paul Zipzer
C -Robin Lopez, Cristiano Felicio,
MICHAEL BEASLEY FAN, 9 On Me Like Rondo AYE
magic1fan
Starter

Post#83 » by magic1fan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:46 pm

sorry but i have to laugh at people who claim other teams are jealous that bron and bosh went to miami. as we witnessed this year those three pairing up guarantees nothing. my team just went to three straight finals and won two straight. why exactly would i hate him? the bulls have a young team primed to be just as good if not better than miami why would they hate? most people probably don't really care. their arrogance and ignorance is funny. the pre celebration,making fun of dirk, that stuff is not cool,but it is no reason to hate them.
Only on realgm is 27,000 points, 5 rings, 1 rs mvp and 2 finals mvp considered overrated!
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#84 » by 6_Rings » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:50 pm

Cuz they lied to their teeth about teaming up. Wade even did the crying game in Chi to smokescreen Lebron's intentions. Traitorous bastard. Then came the whole dancing introductions which really was insult to injury.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,205

Post#85 » by Heat3 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:11 pm

6_Rings wrote:Cuz they lied to their teeth about teaming up.

Lied about what? Do you ever think that if your team had the cap room to sign all three then they might have considered going there? That always slips your mind doesn't it. Miami can sign 3. Chicago can sign 2. Hmm...were to go?... You guys dumped Salmons, dumped Kirk, should have gone all in if you really wanted to sign them all. For all the talk of they were already going to Miami, that would have never happened if Miami couldn't clear the room. The Heat went all in and was ready to rebuild with Chalmers and Beasley if it blew up in their face.

Wade even did the crying game in Chi to smokescreen Lebron's intentions. Traitorous bastard.

Traitor to whom? This is completely asinine! He never played or was employed by the Chicago Bulls. What exactly is he turning his back on? Are you automatically obligated to do what an employer wants simply because they are from the same city you are from? LOL...please apply that to your own life and see how irrational that is.

Then came the whole dancing introductions which really was insult to injury.

Insult to what injury? Three guys that aren't on your team, had never been on your team are being presented to fans of the team they are employed by? One of which had played for this same team for seven years already? That insults you? Do you get insulted when you travel outside of Chicago and see fans of other teams wearing non-Bulls jerseys?

By your responses it's pretty easy to see why you hate: they aren't Chicago Bulls. Don't try to pass it off as anything else.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

MF Doom
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#86 » by MF Doom » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:22 pm

People still mad at LeBron?

People need to let it go and move on.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#87 » by knicksNOTslick » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:44 pm

Just because we hate on Lebron, it doesn't mean we're mad. LOL The dude just failed in the biggest stage of his career and he came up short. Really, really short. Yea, I'm really mad. You can tell by the number of times I'm laughing AT him bricking shot after shot in the 4th and passing it to his lowly teammates.

And to the Lebron homers/Heat bandwagoners that defend him by saying "Yea, Lebron is a douche but so is most of the NBA"... well, we definitely don't like the douche that the media is trying to shove us into liking him and constantly crown him King and Future of the NBA when he hasn't even played in the NBA. Come on, he was manufactured as a superstar before he even earned it and that's why he felt entitled AND has this huge ego. Nobody likes those types of guys.

And some of you guys think ESPN is anti-Lebron??????? What channel was the decision on again? LOL ESPN worships Lebron and the ground he walks on (with the exception of Skip Bayless). It's just that it's really hard to defend him now cuz he's been choking.

Also, people generally root for the underdog, the guy who leaves it all on the line when his team needs it. People love competitors who shine through when their team needs it most. People were rooting for Lebron when Cleveland was the underdog to the Spurs. People still liked him at that time. Had he risen to the occasion and played through under pressure, they could've made the FInals against the Celtics in his last year in Cleveland. And who knows, he would've gotten the respect of his haters had he just risen to the occasion. BUT NO, Lebron didn't do any of those things. He opted to join a team that on paper, looked most dominant. He bragged about winning multiple championships before they even played... AND to top it all off, he showed everyone that he's a loser by wilting under pressure.

Why would people root for that guy?
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,970

Post#88 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:45 pm

LApwnd wrote:...that 3 man party/intro thing wasn't bad thing.

Yeah it was. One of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.
doozyj
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,842

Post#89 » by doozyj » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Nobody hates Bosh, only Lebron.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#90 » by knicksNOTslick » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:55 pm

doozyj wrote:Nobody hates Bosh, only Lebron.

Yup. I find it hilarious though when people make fun of him or discredit him as part of the Big 3.
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
And1: 419

Post#91 » by Sky_Knicks » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 pm

"The Decision" is the lesser issue for me. I hate Lebron because hes an arrogant buffoon/jerk and his ability to hide this from so many is so good that it angers me :lol: . I have never liked him so every time I hear "You're just mad he didn't choose your team" I get annoyed.

I do not hate/dislike Bosh. He seems like a pretty nice guy. Unfortunately, by choosing to join the Heat, he too must deal with some hate. But I don't get the feeling that people think Bosh is a douche like Lebron. They just enjoy calling him weak and making fun of him cuz hes on the heat.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#92 » by DanTown8587 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Heat3 wrote:
6_Rings wrote:Cuz they lied to their teeth about teaming up.

Lied about what? Do you ever think that if your team had the cap room to sign all three then they might have considered going there? That always slips your mind doesn't it. Miami can sign 3. Chicago can sign 2. Hmm...were to go?... You guys dumped Salmons, dumped Kirk, should have gone all in if you really wanted to sign them all. For all the talk of they were already going to Miami, that would have never happened if Miami couldn't clear the room. The Heat went all in and was ready to rebuild with Chalmers and Beasley if it blew up in their face.

Bulls could have easily, and rumored to, dump Deng to sign all three. The choice was there's. Even LeBron and Wade have alluded to this in the past. So the theory "But the money wasn't there" doesn't hold weight. The Bulls didn't, rightfully, deal Deng unless they were then signing James in the next move.

The Heat, Bulls and Nets had the cap space (or ability to move pieces) to get the cap space to sign all three. Reasons for why Wade, James and Bosh chose Miami are pretty clear. But let's not chalk this up to "Miami had fore thought, no one else did".
No Offense
Assistant Coach
And1: 260

Post#93 » by No Offense » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:35 pm

It's so funny watching people attempt to justify liking him and downplaying what he does. I know it's funny because it wasn't long ago that I was doing the same exact thing.
The4thHorseman
General Manager
And1: 4,510

Post#94 » by The4thHorseman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:09 pm

knicksNOTslick wrote:I hated Lebron way before he stepped foot on an NBA court. I don't like players that feel entitled...like they are already crowned KING before they prove themselves. And don't tell me it's the media's fault because this kid had CHOSEN ONE tattooed on his back. He is far from being humble and I already didn't like that from him.

Then the whole 2010 FA summer came. I don't think I would've been mad if he took on a challenge like the Bulls, Knicks or even stay put with the Cavs... BUT Mr. Chosen One himself decided to go to Staples and purchase the EASY button. He went to the Heat team to form a Big 3 after so many years of calling himself KING and telling everyone they are WITNESSES. That's just pathetic to me and I can never respect him for that.

So yea, before the decision and before Lebron was a household name, I already didn't like him.

Nothing's changed. I'm a Knick fan but I can respect Michel Jordan and Reggie Miller as great competitors, but not Lebron James.

If he took on a challenge??? He played 7yrs for a horrible franchise who hardly have any postseason success in the teams existence before he got there. Nobody put a gun to his head and told him to sign and then "re-sign" with Cleveland.If he wanted it the EASY way he would have never signed with Cleveland in the first place. Not his fault that GM Danny Ferry is an idiot when it comes to giving out contracts.

When has he ever referred himself as "King" to the media or others? When did he tell people publicly to "Witness what I do on the court."

After everything you said above on why you dis-like him and can never respect him, you wanted him to come to NY. Makes no sense man.
MLSE
Banned User

Post#95 » by MLSE » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:15 pm

Akshan wrote:
MLSE wrote:The **** no I would have a parade.

No way would I want a parade, I want a parade for winning.

You can take that how you want, but I am very serious... I'm not a fan of counting chickens before they hatch.

edit: My favorite time of year isnt free agency or the draft, it's the postseason. As a Toronto Sports fan I am sick of losing, nothing else matters to me but getting a chip.

Toronto is really not a big party place loll Miami always throws parades for big names look at Shaq when we got him but guess to each is their own and sorry to burst your bubble but Toronto getting a chip won't happen for a long time especially if they draft a player who won't be in the NBA for another 1 or 2 years

uhh Toronto is a pretty huge party city, don't let your assumptions get it twisted.... and I will deal with no parades until then my friend ;) it'd be corny to have one otherwise.
Walid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,611

Post#96 » by Walid » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:33 pm

As a raptor fan I don't hate Bosh or the way he left, it was his decision and that's cool. We're rebuilding rather than remaining a mediocre treadmill team.

As for LeBron, lol.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#97 » by kingkirk » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Ribalding wrote:People don't hate Bosch. And they don't hate Lebron for leaving. They hate him for the WAY he left.

Don't get it twisted.

What he said, whcih has been explained a million times, yet it still doesnt get through...
Conclusion
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#98 » by Conclusion » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 pm

kingkirk wrote:
Ribalding wrote:People don't hate Bosch. And they don't hate Lebron for leaving. They hate him for the WAY he left.

Don't get it twisted.

What he said, whcih has been explained a million times, yet it still doesnt get through...

It's just a sorry excuse for the degree of hatred LeBron gets. If you legitimately hate LeBron only because of the way he left, then you are one extremely sensitive person, and everyone probably thinks you're annoying. If another player did the exact same thing, I guarantee you that he would have gotten 1/5th of the ridiculous hate LeBron gets. It's just a double standard that is based upon LeBron's prevalence in the media, his skill level, and grand expectations. Don't pin all your hatred on a measley poor PR choice; I'm sure it's a component, but overall it's just a lame excuse.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#99 » by coldfish » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:24 pm

I didn't hate O'Neal when he left Orlando and formed a super team in LA.

I didn't hate Grant Hill when he left Detroit. I didn't hate Tmac when he left Toronto. Both of those guys spurned the Bulls too and tried to form a super team in Florida. Sound familiar?

People weren't trying to burn Eddie Jones in effigy when he took a max contract to play for the Heat.

My dislike for Lebron has nothing to do with the fact that he left his team or didn't come to mine. I don't see why that's so hard to comprehend. Free agency movement has been going on for a very long time and included elite players. None of them ever got this backlash which is pretty good evidence that the backlash isn't based in the fact that these guys changed teams or even joined up.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,080
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#100 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:49 pm

How many elite players have left in the last 10 years? It's really not about the decision, LeBron, like "the man" in every sport lately has had half the media and fan world just waiting for him to do something to give them any sort of ammunition.

Honestly, if it bothered people so much as to go on a message board every day to diss and rip on him, dedicate their screen name to hating him, and bring up LeBron in every post, it's just sad.

But really, I dunno what "LeQuit, LeChoke", taking the easy way out, wanting to be WAde's Pippen, not having heart/balls, or any of that has to do with the decision. The backlash is supposedly decision related, but the insults aren't related at all.

Really, the worst thing LeBron did was leave his team on TV, that EVERYONE tuned in to watch, and had a pep rally with his new team where he bucked them up by saying he came there to try and win a ton of championships :rofl: This leads to insults and bashing on his manhood, his competitive nature, his game, his personal life, his mother, his legacy, everything.

It's really quite hilarious when you think about it, the ESPN generation absolutely needs a bad guy, and when they can't find one, they make one.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to The General Board