A simple CBA Proposal

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Sasaki
Veteran
And1: 781

A simple CBA Proposal 

Post#1 » by Sasaki » Fri Jul 8, 2011 11:16 am

This discussion over the CBA has been occurring for quite some time, and when I was thinking about it in the past, I remembered something that was mentioned last year.

Obviously, as a Rockets fan, I have a huge amount of respect for Morey. In an interview shortly after the Kevin Martin trade, he was asked about his thoughts on a future CBA. And Morey went out and proposed what he thought would be appropriate.

A fairly high hard cap ( 80 million ish)......

and that's it.

No limitations on max contracts. No rookie salary cap, no luxury tax, just one ceiling. And anything goes under that ceiling.

Now, Stern fined Morey for those comments and so he's never talked about it again. And I'm sure some people are going to complain about Miami possibly getting a fourth superstar or something. But I think it's a concept to talk about.
But do you know what they call a fool, who's full of himself and jumps into the path of death because it's cool?
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,299

Re: A simple CBA Proposal 

Post#2 » by Dr Aki » Fri Jul 8, 2011 11:43 am

alright.

now stop stars from leaving a small market team.

heck your system allows rookies to have leverage over their drafting teams as well

Return to The General Board